Author Topic: (Answered) Vehicle Tipping  (Read 1533 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
(Answered) Vehicle Tipping
« on: 11 August 2013, 21:05:58 »
Hello

I've been thinking lately about simple tactics to take care of some pesky Combat Vehicles using TacOp rules.  I don't want to use house rules for this tactic.

However, I'm not certain if going to combination of rules involving lifting and grappling. 

Does tipping a Combat Vehicle of smaller size to BattleMech involve one or two advanced rules. I'm speculating after glancing at the rules its would be above mentioned rules.   

Example: 10S BattleMaster walks up to a Vedette, he begins an physical attack against the Vehicle. With two hand actuators available, the pilot wishes to grapple the vehicle and tip Combat Vehicle on its side. 

Now, does the 'Mech actually have to lift the Vedette in order to actually flip it over on its side?

I wasn't able from looking at TacOps be able to find a rule for sort-of action.
I   
« Last Edit: 06 December 2013, 23:06:13 by Paul »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Vehicle Tipping
« Reply #1 on: 06 December 2013, 16:04:56 »
Could we have some page references please?
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Vehicle Tipping
« Reply #2 on: 06 December 2013, 20:46:08 »
Could we have some page references please?
You have grappling on page 90 of the current TacOps PDF.
Then you have picking up and throwing section in same book starting on page 92.

What I'm questing is not necessary to lift the vehicle completely off the ground, but to "cow tip" by lifting and flipping it.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Re: (Research) Vehicle Tipping
« Reply #3 on: 06 December 2013, 23:06:02 »
Sorry, there are currently no rules printed that allow a 'Mech to 'cow tip' a tank over on its side or top.
Our apologies for the inconvenience, but feel free to make your own rules for your game to support that behavior. I'd recommend ensuring ProtoMechs can do it as a Point.
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Register