Author Topic: Intelser - What happened to it  (Read 4220 times)

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
Intelser - What happened to it
« on: 22 November 2013, 13:59:54 »
 I still remember the FGC and Intelser games (specially the FP3090), and after a quick search on google, it appears it is dead. Is there any info about it? Anyone is willing to create a new game?
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
Re: Intelser - What happened to it
« Reply #1 on: 26 November 2013, 17:11:43 »
That depends entirely on someone (more likely multiple people) willing to put in the very hard work setting it up and GMing it.  It is a very large and difficult task and many have failed in the past.  The last FGC reboot also seems stuck, http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,30403.30.html

I do love a good strategy game, but it ends up being far more work than anyone ever anticipates.

Brian

Ruud

• Sergeant
    • PDX Classic Battletech
« Reply #2 on: 18 June 2014, 16:34:29 »
Intelser is still up and running as is a new FGC game (3040).  Lots going on too and more room if others want to join in.

http://intelser.org/forums/index.php
3025 is my kind of old school

OHMS, Portland OR
https://ipms-oregon.org/about-us

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #3 on: 10 July 2014, 07:28:57 »
Question: What does FGC stand for?
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 10 July 2014, 09:58:26 »
Fan Grand Council
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #5 on: 11 July 2014, 08:23:55 »
Fan Grand Council
Ah. Thank you.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Ruud

• Sergeant
    • PDX Classic Battletech
« Reply #6 on: 11 July 2014, 21:08:06 »
not sure where the name came from, but we're having fun :-)
3025 is my kind of old school

OHMS, Portland OR
https://ipms-oregon.org/about-us

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #7 on: 09 September 2014, 03:02:14 »
It came from the Clans . . . going into the end of the FCCW and setting up or after FMU, the Clan forum was pretty active.  A lot of thread were RP debates and somehow we morphed it into RP'ing a Grand Council session- each Clan had a thread and elected Khan and saKhans, even the Nova Cats and Warden Wolves plus the dead IIRC.  Which of course started a debate on our status to attend.

The various Clan khans elected a Loremaster IIRC to over see it.  The Crusaders were pushing the election of a ilKhan.  The Falcons wanted censure/punishment over the Diamond Sharks selling equipment to the Inner Sphere.  I think the Cobras were wanting action over the Babylon Diet.  Debates occurred, decisions made . . . and then we slipped into using MM to fight Trials of Refusal.  Or Grievance against other Khans, I know I knocked down Khan Tel Hazen and saKhan Phad Vickers as the Warden Wolf Khan.  Then I started dueling my way through the Falcon ranks, lol.  The Coyotes won the right to defend the Grand Council's decision NOT to censure the Diamond Sharks, which the Falcons declared a Trial of Refusal over . . . Warden Wolves were allowed to participate with the Coyotes in the defense.  It went badly for the Falcons.

Then it just grew from there . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Register