Author Topic: The Sohei: O5P Warrior Monks  (Read 99051 times)

DOC_Agren

• Major
Re: The Sohei: O5P Warrior Monks
« Reply #570 on: 28 June 2021, 21:20:01 »
Big if... 

Tomoko Harada, she is an older 50+(??) O5P Spacer, who is acting as the chief Aerospace Tech for the force.   She can put together Aerospace crafts from scrap and well chewing gum, 100kph tape, and paperclips.  Since joining the force she been happy to see "full supply bins" as it makes maintance so much easier.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #571 on: 29 June 2021, 11:32:12 »
Damage Report by Chief Aerospace Tech of the Tennyo: Tomoko Harada

The loss of all twelve Tennyo fighter craft to the Smoke Jaguars naturally makes recovery and salvage efforts that much more difficult but after reviewing the damage there is room for hope. Thankfully many of our aerospace fighter designs had a second identical or similar model in service. These ‘pairs’ should enable us to restore at least one of them to operation shortly because we can not only cannibalize the one for parts but we carried twice the parts for repairs in the field. Sadly, both Sais were the exception to this as they were too badly savaged by repeated Jaguar attacks to salvage either of them. In a few days a SL-15R Slayer and SL-25 Samurai should be operational followed by a Thunderbird and Transgressor. Further work is required to see what sort of loadout these craft will feature but I am confident that this will be accomplished within the week. The Shilone, the other Samurai, and maybe the Stuka can be return to service eventually after our return home but right now we lack all the necessary parts to get them flying. Due to damage done and salvage operations to get the other fighters ready a Slayer, Transgressor, and Thunderbird are now being written off as completely destroyed. This brings the total damage to five fighters lost, four returning to service soon, and three salvaged for future service.

The still alien nature of Clan technology as well as our unfamiliarity with its inner workings and the complete lack of any spare components makes efforts to repair their salvaged craft impossible at the moment. In accordance with directives from command we have simply recovered and packaged the remnants of the Jaguars sixteen aerospace fighters. I’d estimate that nine of these fighters could be returned to service if they were InnerSphere craft but since they are Clan maybe four. It is hard to say without the exact know how or opportunity to work on them, however, that is my best guess. The sealed cargo containers are scheduled to be loaded onto the Mule class Dropship as soon as possible. This orbital pickup will occur sometime before our departure from Rockland.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #572 on: 29 June 2021, 17:07:22 »
I certainly hope the Dragon appreciates that treasure trove we're sending...  ::)

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #573 on: 30 June 2021, 13:58:25 »
Interrogation Report by Commander of the Marine Detachment: Kenji Araki

The questioning of Point Commander Zaesh was quite revealing and required little physical effort. The aging commander of the Fourth Point of Charlie Command Star of the Psi Galaxy Command Trinary piloted a Xerxes during the orbital battle. Disabled by the DCS Fukuryu this veteran trueborn aerospace warrior of the minor Hyon Suk bloodhouse displayed a clear hatred of the Draconis Combine in particular and our ‘dezgra’ tactics. Going into detail about House Kurita’s ‘ancient treachery’ perpetrated against the Star League and drawing a direct link to our ‘deceitful tactics’ used against his Smoke Jaguars Clan during the invasion there wasn’t much doubt about his ‘righteous cause’. The same can be said for the other prisoners who have attempted suicide or ‘bondsref’ as they call it. Every single one of them is convinced that we are mere bandits unworthy of any honor and one implied some sort of great punishment awaiting our unit on planet. We are working on obtaining specifics but wanted to inform you as soon as possible that these Jaguars can’t be trusted to behave in an honorable fashion. Since our goal was to duel them in honorable combat from the start I though it would be of the utmost importance to inform you immediately of these first impressions.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #574 on: 30 June 2021, 17:17:23 »
That cognitive dissonance isn't going to be resolved before we engage on the ground...  >:D

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #575 on: 30 June 2021, 17:27:45 »
Very true  ;)

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #576 on: 01 July 2021, 00:26:21 »
that these Smoked Kitty Pirate Gang can't be trusted to play by their rules for this game.  see my shocked  ::)
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #577 on: 20 March 2022, 21:12:58 »
Knock Knock..   Any updates??

Ask the guy lost 2 pilots (1 ground and 1 aero) to these Pirates

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #578 on: 21 March 2022, 02:35:10 »
Unfortunately, our entire RP season has not come together here. Combination of real life events have really conspired to completely waylay BattleTech fun, sad.  :'( I have many events planned including the next chapter of the Battle for Rockland between the Jaguar Psi Galaxy (mostly the 10th PGC) and the Sohei. Hopefully things will start coming together soon and we will get to this bloodbath in the making. Meanwhile, I'm working on complying my Book of Locusts.  ;)

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #579 on: 21 March 2022, 13:39:56 »
Unfortunately, our entire RP season has not come together here. Combination of real life events have really conspired to completely waylay BattleTech fun, sad.  :'( I have many events planned including the next chapter of the Battle for Rockland between the Jaguar Psi Galaxy (mostly the 10th PGC) and the Sohei. Hopefully things will start coming together soon and we will get to this bloodbath in the making. Meanwhile, I'm working on complying my Book of Locusts.  ;)
I understand that 1 of my regular game night has been more off then on..  Sucks when Real Life gets in the way of Gaming

The book of Locust???

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #580 on: 21 March 2022, 14:47:16 »
The book of Locust???

The results of our Optimization contests over on OBT. Also working on a Quicksilver item as well.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #581 on: 21 March 2022, 18:39:08 »
The results of our Optimization contests over on OBT. Also working on a Quicksilver item as well.
Ahh I thought maybe it was another group of Raiders..  maybe in need of crazy members

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #582 on: 20 July 2022, 20:49:27 »
any updates to the killing of the Smoked Kitty Pirates?

Hoping to hear how much they are enjoying Long Tom Rounds landing among them

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #583 on: 21 July 2022, 14:12:53 »
Not as of yet Doc, hopefully this fall we will get back to this and other RPG scenarios which I can then detail out for you.  ;)

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #584 on: 21 July 2022, 16:59:22 »
Not as of yet Doc, hopefully this fall we will get back to this and other RPG scenarios which I can then detail out for you.  ;)
Someone had to beat the drum like we will beat the Smoked Kitty Pirates

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #585 on: 21 July 2022, 17:27:10 »
Fingers crossed for all of us!  :thumbsup:

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #586 on: 21 July 2022, 17:31:26 »
The big question for me is who will survive?  >:D

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #587 on: 21 July 2022, 17:41:58 »
Perhaps I was unclear... "us" is who I'm crossing my fingers for...  :D

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #588 on: 21 July 2022, 20:15:45 »
Perhaps I was unclear... "us" is who I'm crossing my fingers for...  :D
it will be us, if we can play "outside" the box.  these Pirates have already shown they have no honor so... 

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #589 on: 05 March 2023, 20:31:49 »
Knock Knock. any updates

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #590 on: 05 March 2023, 20:34:43 »
Seconded!  :thumbsup:

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #591 on: 05 March 2023, 20:36:14 »
Thanks for knocking, we are soon coming to a furthering of our story here. Stay tuned!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #592 on: 05 March 2023, 20:38:06 »
Consider me (at least) dialed in to the frequency!  :thumbsup:

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #593 on: 04 April 2023, 18:44:57 »
Think we are all set for scenario number three of this battle which I've set up below. Love to hear your thoughts on it before we run it through. UPDATED!

Headhunters

Headhunters

Galaxy Commander Frederick Ott had ordered a headhunter strike even before the initial trial with the Sohei had taken place. Convinced that the Spheroids were incapable of engaging in honorable combat the stern Jaguar commander was intent on dispatching them with every tool at his disposal. While this ‘Wolf Clan tactic’ was not generally palatable to the rigid Smoke Jaguars the repeated dishonorable actions of the supposed noble Kurita samurai had left them embittered enough to overlook this distasteful battlefield assassination. A successful operation aimed at decapitating the Draconis headquarters staff and equipment here would enable the Clan to wipe out their despised foe in short order.

Attackers: Clan Smoke Jaguar

Psi Galaxy Command Trinary
Bravo Command Star (Clan Veteran)
Star Commander Klem, Elite, 4 Elementals
Point Commander Daga, Veteran, 4 Elementals
Point Commander Scoros, Veteran, 4 Elementals
Point Commander Granok, Regular, 4 Elementals
Point Commander Onyx, Veteran, 4 Elementals
   Bravo Command Star of Psi Galaxy Command Trinary was the honor guard that Galaxy Commander Ott had fought hard to build. Many second line commands lacked any such armored infantry formations in the Clans but Ott’s efforts and successes earned him this retinue. While these warriors are not the elite of Jaguar line formations or even the naval guard they are an experienced determined group. Either disgraced or older these Jaguar Elementals are extremely fanatical in nature and will succeed or die trying.

Defenders: Sohei

Mechasenshi Command Lance
Daniel McAlister, Elite, Hatamoto Hi [Takiro] {battle damage?}
Siriwan Kuna, Veteran, Grand Dragon [Takiro]
Hitomi Barca, Elite, Battlemaster [Takiro] {battle damage?}
Walter Kato, Veteran, Ono [Gus]

Combat Sappers
Dubhlainn O’Malley, Regular, Hatchetman [Doc_Agren]
Aya Fujioka, Regular, FS9-K Firestarter [Doc_Agren]

Mobile Headquarters - Command Elements
Miyuki Suzuki, Elite, Daimyo HQ 67-K [Takiro]

Hand of Kannon Artillery Company (12 Artillery Vehicles, set to deploy fire support)
   1st Battery (Long Toms and Ballista)
Frederica ‘Annie’ Sasaki, Elite, LT-MOB-25 Mobile Long Tom Artillery {Company CO}
Michie Cisneros, Elite, LT-MOB-25 Mobile Long Tom Artillery [Doc_Argen]
Yoriko Detlefsen, Elite, Ballista Self-Propelled Artillery Tank [Sharpnel]
Olivia Desjardins, Veteran, Ballista Self-Propelled Artillery Tank [Abele]
   2nd Battery (Thumper)
Sakura Rei, Elite, Thumper Combat Vehicle [Ice Hellion]
Nao Deguchi, Veteran, Thumper Combat Vehicle [Bradshaw]
Kenjiro Barmanski, Veteran, Thumper Artillery Vehicle [Abele]
Alexandra Kane, Veteran, Thumper Artillery Vehicle [Abele]
   3rd Battery (The Chaparrals)
Kiaria Isu, Elite, Chaparral Missile Artillery Tank [Takiro]
Akiko Tomanaga, Veteran, Chaparral Missile Artillery Tank [Takiro]
Honoka Syozi, Veteran, Chaparral Missile Artillery Tank [Takiro]
Heather Sutton, Veteran, Chaparral Missile Artillery Tank [Takiro]

Oniwaka 2nd Company (84 Infantry, deployed around the LZ as security)
Olgr Gangleri (Company Commander) [Ice Hellion]
David Sakamoto (Platoon Commander) [Calderon]
Tanya “Xena” Skrypnikova (Platoon Commander) [Doc_Argen]

The Landing Zone and Base Camp for the Sohei on Rockland is set on flat grassland around their three landed Dropships. The Overlord class Ninigi-no-Mikoto, the Seeker class Kakusareta Tora, and the Mule class Juraki Jakku stand ready to assist in operations. Repair and Recovery Operations are currently underway with four disabled Sohei BattleMechs and other Clan salvage being ferried in from the first trial.
« Last Edit: 10 April 2023, 15:30:08 by Takiro »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #594 on: 04 April 2023, 18:55:58 »
I daresay some danger-close fire from the Thumpers will put paid to the headhunters with minimal damage to the friendlies...  ^-^

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #595 on: 04 April 2023, 23:28:33 »
here is some of my earlier comments
On the other hand, we can take off the gloves and fight this battle groundside the way we want.  Arty the base, aim for storage and maintance locations.  Speaking of which they are on an ex-DC base.  Do we have maps of it, etc..

Also time for us to release Kris Stuer Hantā and the Burakkureidāsu...  to play in their backfield  8)

Also why was Tanya “Xena” Skrypnikova and the Heruhaundo, not deployed for base security?  They were design to hold positions.
Where are 2 combat engineering mechs?

Long Tom targeted as listed above.   

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #596 on: 05 April 2023, 04:59:37 »
While I do expect the Artillery Company to play a role in the defense here Daryk what you suggest could have bad side effects. I expect our Headhunters to quickly cross into the perimeter and Artillery fire there is a big no no.

Doc you will be pleased with the next scenario as the Sohei take the gloves off and escalate the conflict in a way. That operation is consuming attention as well as a slow advance by the Clan force on the Sohei.

Recovery operations also continue after the first trial. I also pictured marines present on the grounded dropships if it comes to boarding actions.

I may have overlooked Xena. I'll take a look.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #597 on: 05 April 2023, 13:02:39 »
To be honest as someone who has run headhunting/commando operations against enemy commands in BT.

If our Infantry doesn't detect the Elementals coming though the lines, we won't have a chance at stopping them.  Because most of the units here are Arty units and the Command Lance and MHQ.  We have no ground vees to support the security force.  Our only other hope is that their Headhunters are dumb and will turn off target in a chance to make a bigger kill.

Xena commands the Heruhaundo
Motorized Heavy Armored Infantry or ヘルハウンド “Hellhounds”    Vet
based on this idea http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Heavy_Infantry
Ours will be carrying Laser Rifles backed by Semi-Portable Particle Cannon.  If they are deployed correctly they can hold off a lance, and require you to send a Company worth of assets to dig them out.  They were raised by the O5P as a defensive force, yet have been transferred to Sohei as a combat unit against the clans.

and I'm glad to see the Sohei will be taking the gloves. 

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #598 on: 05 April 2023, 14:04:52 »
I looked Xena and her Hellhounds up today. Got no problems changing the Infantry Companies. So it will be 2nd Company rather than the 3rd.

I gotta look up the 2 other platoons in that company.

I figured the two combat engineering mechs might be deployed in the other Mech commands that lost units in the first trial.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #599 on: 05 April 2023, 22:59:21 »
I figured the two combat engineering mechs might be deployed in the other Mech commands that lost units in the first trial.
Well they will not be worth much in a fight but an extra "Mech and Pilot to dies"
   Combat Sappers
Dubhlainn O’Malley, Regular, Hatchetman
Aya Fujioka, Regular, FS9-K Firestarter

Now to get raining Longtoms shells on the Pirates Base..  No one likes Arty crash doiwn on them, even if it misses you keeps you on edge