Author Topic: Hanse-Melissa Wedding - Guest List?  (Read 1976 times)

VhenRa

• Captain
Hanse-Melissa Wedding - Guest List?
« on: 17 March 2017, 23:01:00 »
Can anyone give me a list of named characters who were at the Wedding?

Its for a project/idea best summed up with "That's a nice wedding you have there, real shame if something were to happen to it."

I am worried I might be missing someone.

Archangel

• Major
Re: Hanse-Melissa Wedding - Guest List?
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2017, 02:29:27 »
Federated Allard
-Hanse Davion
-Marie Davion
-Michael Hasek-Davion
-Morgan Hasek-Davion
-Kym Sorenson
-Quintus Allard
-Tamara Kearny Allard
-Riva Allard
-Felicity (last name unknown), Baroness de Gambier
-Ardan Sortek
-Cardinal Francis Flynn
-Anton Vitios

House Steiner
-Melissa Steiner
-Katrina Steiner
-Jeana Clay
-Misha Auburn
-Cardinal John Maraschal

House Liao
-Maximillian Liao
-Elizabeth Jordan Liao
-Candace Liao
-Justin Allard
-Romano Liao
-Tsen Shang
-Pavel Ridzik
-Alexi Malenkov

House Kurita
-Takashi Kuita
-Jasmine Kurita
-Yorinaga Kurita
-Akira Brahe

House Marik
-Janos Marik
-Brownwen Rafsani
-Janek Hansen

ComStar
-Julian Tiepolo
-Ulthar Everston
-Myndo Waterly
-Villius Tejh

Mercenary
-Jamie Wolf
-Morgan Kell
-Daniel Allard
-Scott Bradley

(Note:  Not all listed may have actually attended the wedding ceremony.)
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2017, 02:42:05 »
It would have been a blast if a young Fritz Donner had somehow been there.  :D

That said, you've got the House leaders with their family and their partners; names are dropped at the wedding reception scene in Riposte. From memory, the named guests include
Michael Hasek-Davion & Marie Davion, Morgan Hasek-Davion, Quintus & Tamara Kearny Allard, Daniel Allard, Riva Allard, Felicity de Gambier;

Katrina Steiner, Morgan Kell, Jeana Clay, Misha Auburn

Maximilian Liao & Elisabeth Jordan-Liao, Candace Liao & Justin Xiang Allard, Romano Liao & Tsen Shang, Pavel Ridzik, Alexi Malenkov;

Takashi & Jasmine Kurita, Yorinaga Kurita, Akira Brahe;

Janos Marik & Brownwen Rafsani; unspecified "Marik family" members

Jaime Wolf, Scott Bradley
Cardinal Flynn (New Avalon Catholic Church), Cardinal Maraschal (Tharkad)

ComStar personell on site included Julian Tiepolo, Ulthar Everston; Myndo Waterly is present on Terra but not mentioned during the wedding proper.

All great Houses brought extra entourage to Terra who weren't invited to the wedding proper and stayed at the hotel. That's how Michael Hasek-Davion brought Anton Vitios and how Romano Liao brought Thuggee assassins.
« Last Edit: 18 March 2017, 02:43:40 by Frabby »
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2017, 04:05:40 »
All great Houses brought extra entourage to Terra who weren't invited to the wedding proper and stayed at the hotel. That's how Michael Hasek-Davion brought Anton Vitios and how Romano Liao brought Thuggee assassins.

Is the hotel on the same island? If so that distinction doesn't matter. (My idea has a REALLY big bomb being employed. This is no mere Donner bombing)

So no sign of the Draconis March Lord? Anything to do with other Marik Lords? Duggan, Duncan?

Other members of the first circuit on the island? I know Precentor New Avalon, Precentor Sian, Precentor Tharkad, Precentor Dieron are all present at Hilton Head. Precentor ROM is also there. I wonder if Precentor Atreus is also present?

Basically, I am trying to figure out how heavily each state is destabilized by Hilton Head being essentially vaporized.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 18 March 2017, 04:39:25 »
Yes, they're all on Hilton Head.

It is mentioned that the Marik family filed in behind Janos Marik and Brownwen Rafsani. I guess that would cover all his children and their offspring who weren't already dead or banished at the time.

It stands to reason the entire ComStar First Circuit would be in addendance, not only judging from those who are named as being present but also simply by the fact that this takes place at Hilton Head island, basically their regular workplace.

Generally, I think your question is easier to answer by looking at who isn't present. Theodore Kurita is named as absent (in a passage where it is discussed how the House Lords are parading their heirs), and the disowned Tormano Liao isn't mentioned anywhere either.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if Dame Catherine Humphreys was present, or if any periphery state heads were invited.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 18 March 2017, 05:44:22 »
Tormano Liao is commanding a battalion in a CCAF Mech Regiment at this point IIRC. (One that just came under attack by the first wave of Operation Rat I believe).

Theodore is with his regiment as well IIRC.

As far as Marik family. Kristen is probably not there, Thomas is unlikely to be there... others, including his nephew Duncan is a possibility though.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 18 March 2017, 09:26:35 »
I believe the guests stayed in bungalows and not a hotel.

Tormano Liao had a falling out with his father when he married a commoner and was disowned.

Dame Humphreys may have been there.  After all she was one of the most important nobles in the FWL and she had no real quarrel with either the Lyrans or the Davions.

And yes the entire First Circuit was gathered for the occasion.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 19 March 2017, 02:13:57 »
About the only groups I can see bombing this event are some rouge C* faction, likely one of the groups that would go on to make up the WoB, in an attempt to provoke a general war and weaken all sides; or a Clan group trying to get the IS to unite against some unknown outside aggressor.

Now if it was done by the former and they got the results the later was after, that would be interesting.

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2017, 07:10:48 »
The ones doing it is a Terran anti-Comstar group.

The target... was the First Circuit and the ComGuards cache under Hilton Head. The House Lords... are collateral damage. Convenient collateral damage, but collateral damage.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 20 March 2017, 09:19:40 »
About the only groups I can see bombing this event are some rouge C* faction,

No, they would never risk the damage to the cosmetic industry if the Steiner ladies died.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.