Author Topic: ISaW Recon Raid Results  (Read 3344 times)

adamv215

• Recruit
ISaW Recon Raid Results
« on: 17 August 2020, 13:13:57 »
When a Reconnaissance Raid is performed in ISaW, do the results show the combat commands etc present on just the world, or the entire hex?

I ask because the recon results table jumps from information for the world you on below a result of six.  Above six you get information about adjacent HEXES.  But does it still mean just the world you are on?  I'm using the 3025 map and there are multiple worlds in most of the hexes.

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
Re: ISaW Recon Raid Results
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2020, 12:14:26 »
In our current game we go by what it states in IO. A good result may represent capturing deployment records in nearby systems from computers.

That said, with the release of Intel and Special Op rules in the 2nd SW source books recon raids are not used as much anymore due to the costs to pay full Combat Supply for the commands involved.
« Last Edit: 16 October 2020, 10:49:23 by The Purist »
Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assault of thought upon the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

"...Remember also the two "prime directives" in playing BattleTech:
1. HAVE FUN
2. DON'T LET YOURSELF GET SO CAUGHT UP IN THE RULES THAT YOU STOP HAVING FUN"
Page 168 - Reunification War

adamv215

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2020, 19:28:12 »
That's a good point.  I hadn't considered things in light of those expanded rules (and besides I haven't found anyone to try ISaW yet anyways.  The person I thought would try it backed out).  I'll need to look into them and see what the payoffs for recon raid vs intelligence/special-ops are.  I wouldn't mind a pretext to sometimes run a recon raid mission though.

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 01 November 2020, 14:22:37 »
A pretext may be found when an Intel Op is suspect. If you think the GM's report may not be complete you could send in a recon raid to verify. We see them on occasion, especially if someone wants confirmation before assigning attack forces or withdraw troops for other uses near by.
« Last Edit: 03 November 2020, 10:51:02 by The Purist »
Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assault of thought upon the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

"...Remember also the two "prime directives" in playing BattleTech:
1. HAVE FUN
2. DON'T LET YOURSELF GET SO CAUGHT UP IN THE RULES THAT YOU STOP HAVING FUN"
Page 168 - Reunification War

Register