Author Topic: Dropship/Jumpship Flotilla Logistics Worksheet  (Read 3826 times)

BaachicLitNerd

• Freelance Writer
  • Corporal
  • Tactical Shushing Action
Dropship/Jumpship Flotilla Logistics Worksheet
« on: 07 May 2021, 22:18:15 »
The Worksheet in Question!

A little over a year ago I put together my first version of a logistics worksheet that allowed the user to work out how many of what kind of dropship would be needed to transport a given size of ground combat formation in Battletech. It was pretty fun, but required a lot of cutting and pasting and you had to be super careful about the formatting and it was kind of a hassle, plus I had only included the most common ships.

Fast forward a year of quarantine and my nerdery has only grown. So I returned to the project with an eye to improve it. First off, rather than copying and pasting you now select ships from a dropdown list (I highly recommend typing at least the first few letters of the ship you're looking for), then the sheet will autofill the relevant capacity fields by pulling from the libraries on other tabs. Secondly, I did a BUNCH more data entry, and it not includes practically every dropship, jumpship, and warship I have access to a full TRO entry for in my EXTENSIVE collection of PDFs, and the capacities calculated now include bulk cargo and docking collar usage. With all these shiny new features, I figured it would be good to share it with the community at large.

To use this worksheet, Create a copy, fill out the transport needs of the unit in question in the appropriate fields in Column M, then select dropships by typing names or selecting from the dropdown until the needs of the unit are met. Next, select ships in the KF Flotilla to meet the resulting dropcollar requirements. If you wish to add custom variants or new ships to the worksheet, I HIGHLY suggest adding them to the existing library tabs rather than just wildcatting them into the front end of the worksheet, unless you like rebuilding VLOOKUP functions.

Go forth and calculate logistics!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Dropship/Jumpship Flotilla Logistics Worksheet
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2021, 08:22:05 »
Looking good... will you add Jump/Motorized/Mechanized/Field Gun infantry at some point?  Also, I think you're slightly off on your ComStar/WOB infantry Level I description.  Pure foot formations are 36 troopers while jump are 30.

BaachicLitNerd

• Freelance Writer
  • Corporal
  • Tactical Shushing Action
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2021, 09:35:21 »
Good catch. I was basing that number off the older FM: Comstar, but as you say, Battle of Tukayyid says 36/30. Updating now. I might see about adding the various infrantry types, but that would end up adding a lot more formatting to the sheet I think, so it may be a while.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2021, 10:56:09 »
Most of us are used to waiting by now, so no worries!  :thumbsup:

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2021, 11:45:11 »
Tagged.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2021, 01:58:42 »
Looks like your missing the Leviathan Jumper and the Leviathan II Warships.

And as a Point of reference, swapping Nova in front of the Binary / Trinary might be a better idea. As is writing Binary with the first Supernova. And then, Clans do use Jumpships and Warships in " Points " too... for clarity.

And the CS and WoB both used " Choir ", Infantry mixed with a transport in Level IIs and IIIs.

( BA or PBI, half and half just like Clan's Nova )

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Register