Author Topic: Tribute to Jeana Clay  (Read 2293 times)

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
Tribute to Jeana Clay
« on: 26 January 2022, 23:08:08 »

Something I did last year. I was reading Warrior: En Garde while I was working on this piece. It was originally going to be about Melissa Steiner being in the middle of everything (so the famous wedding cake and Sword of Damocles were always going to be a part of it). As I read on, I became intrigued by the Jeana Clay character, so I swapped her out before I finished the first novel.

Which brings me to the "mistake" of the piece. I scouted ahead on Sarna to get some broad strokes about Jeana and places and people that were important to her, and I wanted to incorporate elements of Daniel Allard into the piece. By the time the two meet, Daniel Allard is already piloting a Wolfhound, rather than the Valkyrie he started with in Warrior: En Garde. But by the time I realized my error at the beginning of Warrior: Riposte, this piece was already finished, so I didn't alter the 'mech.
Hayden

Middcore

• Lieutenant
  • The Inner Sphere could always use more Heroes!
Re: Tribute to Jeana Clay
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2022, 13:32:25 »
"Mistake" or no, this is one of the most imaginative pieces of fan work I have ever seen.
I write BattleTech fanfics. You can find them all on ScribbleHub, and I welcome your comments.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2022, 10:36:24 »
Damn this is good!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2022, 17:47:41 »
Nice work indeed!  :thumbsup:

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #4 on: 14 February 2022, 15:32:25 »
Great work.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 02 March 2022, 18:25:18 »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Well done
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #6 on: 04 March 2022, 13:08:44 »
Very nice. Unsung hero of the Federated Suns & Lyran Commonwealth.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Flieger

• Warrant Officer
    • DoktorWhisky.de
« Reply #7 on: 09 March 2022, 16:55:55 »
That is why you are the master.

Just brilliant, I am in awe. And as a staunch Lyran loyalist, I like the subject anyway.