Author Topic: MWO - MechCon 'Mech 2018 - The Cosair - PGI Original  (Read 11408 times)

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
Re: MWO - MechCon 'Mech 2018 - The Cosair - PGI Original
« Reply #30 on: 14 March 2019, 22:12:52 »
Just finished up MECH-CON last night. My son, who is also a Demo Agent was helping run a free Play Grinder-esque table at MECH-CON, and at the end of the night was gifted a 3D-printed Corsair model by one of the PGI devs.

While yes it's not a crisp, professional model, the best part is knowing that because PGI or their workers printed it I can show it off.

Sir, you have my respect and my contempt.
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #31 on: 15 March 2019, 12:37:07 »
Quirks are up!

https://mwomercs.com/news/2019/03/2250-countdown-to-corsair-release-march-19th

And oh my, these things are hideous.  Anyone remember which one is the freebie we got for playing back in December?

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #32 on: 15 March 2019, 13:25:41 »
And oh my, these things are hideous.

Anyone remember/play HAWKEN? The Corsair is reminiscent to me of the "recycled trash mech" designs in that game.
That said, I do like that it looks so different from all the rest of the mechs in MWO. A little diversity goes a long way.
I love how detailed the model actually is...

ETA: Also, it almost looks good in that Davion Brigade of Guard scheme...
« Last Edit: 15 March 2019, 13:27:51 by IAMCLANWOLF »

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #33 on: 15 March 2019, 15:43:01 »
Quirks are up!

https://mwomercs.com/news/2019/03/2250-countdown-to-corsair-release-march-19th

And oh my, these things are hideous.  Anyone remember which one is the freebie we got for playing back in December?

The BR - most notable 10% Gauss Cooldown, so expect either lot of double LGR and GR or people sacrificing the arm ballistic for a HGR left torso.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #34 on: 15 March 2019, 19:22:06 »
That picture makes it look stubby.
Which one is the freeby?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #35 on: 19 March 2019, 05:15:26 »
Are you ready to get dieselnurdling, because I know I am!
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #36 on: 19 March 2019, 05:32:31 »
How good are the hit boxes on this thing?  Charger & Hatamoto-Chi had some bad ones.   Fin on the Hatamoto-Chi counted as rear armor for example.  Thus why things are rare or poof gone.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #37 on: 21 March 2019, 21:53:54 »
Well, i've gotten used to mine.  I've settled making it a sniper machine. updating larges into ER Larges.  Dumping the secondaries weaponry to make room for more ammo for the gauss rifles, increase engine speed and armor.  So  far it's working better.

I did dabble, found Ultra AC/10s work well with Broadside variant (aka hero).  However, i have alot mechs with twin UAC.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #38 on: 22 March 2019, 00:33:07 »
I'm having a lot of fun with my dual LBX-10 and MRM-40 Dieselnurdler myself. "Broadside" is an apt name for what it unleashes.

As a side note, I love the cockpit. Ashtray, clipboard, loose panels, exposed wires, jumper clips... you name it. It really does look like utter junk.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Register