Author Topic: 'Mech of the Week Repost: Pulverizer PUL-2V  (Read 27432 times)

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
Re: 'Mech of the Week Repost: Pulverizer PUL-2V
« Reply #60 on: 28 November 2017, 10:11:43 »
Targeting Computers were more a Goliath Scorpion and Coyote thing. The Spirits weren't known for them, especially with their level of pilots.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #61 on: 28 November 2017, 12:10:23 »
That, and they considered tarcomps too expensive with the perennially limited resources they had.

Cheers, Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #62 on: 02 August 2020, 12:02:05 »
Thread necro but new variants to talk about.

The full clan tech rebuild is very nice 2LPL and a ER PPC with enough heat sinks to use every turn yes please with max armor and SFE its a bit of a zombie mech.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #63 on: 02 August 2020, 12:11:22 »
Isn't there a moratorium on Golden Century material that hasn't been published before?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #64 on: 02 August 2020, 12:41:14 »
Thread necro but new variants to talk about.

The full clan tech rebuild is very nice 2LPL and a ER PPC with enough heat sinks to use every turn yes please with max armor and SFE its a bit of a zombie mech.

Its suprising that it continued in service all the way to the Dark Age. Originally its was a short lived Wolverine/Snow Raven design that quickly disappeared. Now we are finding it soldiered on.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #65 on: 02 August 2020, 13:06:22 »
Sarna does.

Isn't there a moratorium on Golden Century material that hasn't been published before?

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #66 on: 02 August 2020, 13:31:11 »

For Sarna or a Mech of the Week article. Not for discussing a variant.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #67 on: 02 August 2020, 13:40:48 »
Ah, well then.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #68 on: 02 August 2020, 14:39:28 »
Its suprising that it continued in service all the way to the Dark Age. Originally its was a short lived Wolverine/Snow Raven design that quickly disappeared. Now we are finding it soldiered on.
It seems to be more of a case of it being back in production.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #69 on: 02 August 2020, 17:58:03 »
The Mech pretty solid machine and its theRavens first built mech. 
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #70 on: 02 August 2020, 18:01:23 »
I just want to say how ashamed I am that it took me this long to realize that the Pulverizer is the biggest Wolverine. The resemblance is great in the positioning of the weapons and general looks over all.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #71 on: 02 August 2020, 18:03:24 »
The Mech pretty solid machine and its theRavens Wolverines first built mech.
FTFY
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #72 on: 03 August 2020, 01:04:44 »
What are these "improved" 4-ton large lasers?

cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #73 on: 03 August 2020, 04:47:12 »

cheers,

Gabe

Old Clan tech.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

LightGuard

• Master Sergeant
  • They called him Camouflage
« Reply #74 on: 03 August 2020, 06:49:42 »

cheers,

Gabe

Funnily enough, they are described in the 1st Edition Technical Readout 3050. It was really kinda neat to see them brought forward, and then used in the new TRO Golden Century.
The Things I Do for Love...

Do not try to apply real-world logic to Battletech.  Naught lies there but madness and ruin. - moneylovingogre4hire

That's fine, then.  I've been waiting since 2014 or so, what's another year?  Time laughs at all things, but BattleTech laughs at time.  Then launches a trial of possession for it. - rebs

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #75 on: 03 August 2020, 10:10:26 »

cheers,

Gabe

As LG mentioned, they come from TRO3050.

I don't have my copy in front of me but IIRC they are mentioned in the same area that tells us that Missile Launchers, MG's, & Flamers  weigh half as much & take up 1 less crit.

The difference is you never see the "Lighter" lasers used because the Small/Medium don't actually loose weight & why use the i-LL when you have the ERLL for same weight & crits.

I think the one unit they might be used on is Dropships from TRO2750, Titan & Confederate.
IIRC they get some extra cargo space since all the LL's are converted to the i-LL standard.
But I'm not even 100% sure of that & would have to double check the math.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #76 on: 03 August 2020, 10:50:11 »
The proto-clan gear rarely gets mentioned also because we never saw a formal listing of stats, not to mention just up until recently, mechs using them.

I'm sure there are players that would have been rather fussy seeing a custom design with the proto tech, asking to see the rules about it and then only given the line about 1 space smaller and 1 ton less, or half.

People need a full rundown to accept them. 

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #77 on: 03 August 2020, 12:32:38 »
Funny thing is, that line is what lead to us seeing the other tech, LRM, SRM, MG, Flamer.

The only thing we didn't see was the i-LL.

Probably because it eventually lead to the ERLL-c while the other weapons never went anywhere further except maybe seeing Streak's get reduced to the same tonnage as IS-SRMs.

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #78 on: 03 August 2020, 23:41:56 »
I believe it also had listings of clan standard autocannons.

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
« Reply #79 on: 04 August 2020, 02:27:09 »
Well, who could have predicted those would one day be useful again.  ;)
Savannah Masters are the Pringles of Battletech.
Ooo! OOOOOOO! That was a bad one!...and I liked it.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #80 on: 04 August 2020, 09:23:53 »
You know, it occurs to me, if they had just said all "3025 IS Tech" items were available to the clans at the same ratio as the SRM/MG/Flamer,  IE,  1/2 weight & 1 crit less.......  We might have actually seen a lot of the basic weapons.

When your IS-ML is now 1/2 ton, it starts to be competitive again v/s normal clan tech MPL/ERML.

It also would have given them something to base the Heavy Lasers on since its double damage.

Crimson Dawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #81 on: 04 August 2020, 13:51:42 »
Well a clan ER small is almost there it is a half ton 5 point damage weapon though it does have IS medium pulse laser range.  Give a mech some long range weapons to compensate and those small can be fairly nasty.

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
« Reply #82 on: 06 December 2020, 18:21:30 »
Looks like the all Clan tech version spent has an extra 1/2 ton armor just for 1 armor point.

Seems a waste IMHO.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #83 on: 23 June 2023, 10:02:19 »
While I love everything about this Mech I am not a big fan of the current sculpt however the new Amarok model looks like it could be cannibalised for better legs etc. does any one have any side by side comparison picts of the amarok next to other assaults?