Author Topic: Faction Infantry Squads  (Read 1752 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Faction Infantry Squads
« on: 22 January 2023, 13:55:43 »
Last weekend, I did a Davion vs. Kurita infantry scenario as requested by Daemion.  This weekend, I upgraded my AToW spreadsheet and fleshed out squads for a number of other factions as well (attached).  A summary is below:

Last week's matchup:
Davion: 1 Squad Leader, 2 Snipers with Lancelot Mk V Sniper Rifles (from Shrapnel #1), and 4 Troopers with Auto-Rifles with recoil compensation (plus some AP ammo and hand Grenades for everyone)
Kurita: 1 Squad Leader (with Vibrosword), 2 Portable Machine Gunners (and Swords), and 4 Troopers with Auto-Rifles and Swords
     NOTE: The Draconis Combine affiliation throws a chunk of XP into Pain Resistance, and with cheap gear, the Kuritan troops went for it.

A pair with the EXPENSIVE toys:
Steiner: 1 Squad Leader, 1 Heavy Support Laser Gunner, 5 Troopers with DWS L5L Sniper Rifles (from Shrapnel #9)
     NOTE: The DWS L5L qualifies for the Heavy Burst special at TW scale.
Marik: 1 Squad Leader, 2 ER Support Laser Gunners, 4 Troopers with Sunraker Laser Rifles (from Shrapnel #9)
     NOTES: The Free Worlds League Armor Kit is encumbering on its own, so these guys stole a Bulldog truck (from AToW).  Also, the Sunraker qualifies for the Heavy Burst special at TW scale.

And who says you have to have money to have fun?
Liao: 1 Squad Leader, 2 Standard SRM Launchers, 4 Troopers with SD-31 Shotguns (from Shrapnel #7, and some AP ammo to share around)
     NOTE: With AP ammo, the SD-31 qualifies for the Heavy Burst special at TW scale.
Taurian: 1 Squad Leader, 2 Troopers with Suns Killer Sniper Rifles, and 7 Troopers with Auto-Rifles (everybody as plenty of AP ammo)
    NOTE: Taurian Squads are 10 strong, and since their gear is simple and cheap, the extra XP went into Attributes

You can either use individual squads against each other or use four (three for the Taurians) as platoons.  When I get time, I may add a Canopian vs. Marian matchup (possibly next weekend, depending on how things go today).

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Re: Faction Infantry Squads
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2023, 22:34:50 »
So next weekend is October?

:wink:

Would love to see more, even Clan / Society, what about a BA with ShrapnelTech (tm)?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #2 on: 30 September 2023, 07:45:19 »
Heck THIS weekend is October... will have to see what I can do between reading the news to find out what my Monday looks like...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #3 on: 30 September 2023, 09:45:10 »
I'm starting to sketch out a Lothian vs. Marian match up.  Something along the lines of:

Lothian Squad (Insurgents): 8 Auto-Rifles, 2 Suns Killer Sniper Rifles, Taurian pattern Helmets, Boots and Gloves, and Tanker Smocks set up to heat vice cool (all camouflaged).  Maybe some grenades if they have cash left over (trying to fit this kit into 1,000 C-Bills per trooper).

Marian Contubernium (II Legio): 10 Tiberius SMGs, Marian Armor Kit (should fit in 2,500 C-Bills per trooper).  I may give them a Support Weapon, but their main job is counterinsurgency, so maybe not...

I figure the scenario will look something like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WZurJy4B9o (this was the only clip I could find with English sub-titles).

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #4 on: 30 September 2023, 13:51:17 »
I've got that film...

Awesome yet gritty.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 30 September 2023, 19:20:10 »
I'm starting to sketch out a Lothian vs. Marian match up.  Something along the lines of:

Lothian Squad (Insurgents): 8 Auto-Rifles, 2 Suns Killer Sniper Rifles, Taurian pattern Helmets, Boots and Gloves, and Tanker Smocks set up to heat vice cool (all camouflaged).  Maybe some grenades if they have cash left over (trying to fit this kit into 1,000 C-Bills per trooper).

Marian Contubernium (II Legio): 10 Tiberius SMGs, Marian Armor Kit (should fit in 2,500 C-Bills per trooper).  I may give them a Support Weapon, but their main job is counterinsurgency, so maybe not...

I figure the scenario will look something like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WZurJy4B9o (this was the only clip I could find with English sub-titles).

Make sure the Marians have a radio and there is an artillery unit nearby.  The artillery unit will be busy, and any Lothian insurgents will learn to MOVE after firing.  Add some defensive barriers to block line of sight if the Lothians want to come out and go after the artillery crew with sniper rifles.

The Lothians will know that as long as they can kill Marian troopers at a 2:5 ratio or better (2+ Marian troopers dead for 5 of their own) then they will win economically.  There will be a lot of casualties though.  Just keep the small factories that are making arms/ammo/armor safe from Marian scouts.

This Lothian loadout looks like a good one for all sorts of insurgent units.  Have you thought about making an infantry platoon line based on them, for Foot/Motorized platoons?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #6 on: 30 September 2023, 19:40:13 »

Register