Author Topic: The Oberon Conference- Dogs of War  (Read 2520 times)

Fritz

• Recruit
    • Wargamer Fritz
The Oberon Conference- Dogs of War
« on: 12 May 2016, 13:10:36 »
“It’s all about deniability in the board room, and that along with confidentiality is what you buy when you send in the Dogs of War.”

“My best negotiator will be sent to this Oberon Conference, along with one of our top troubleshooters.”

“You don’t want another misunderstanding like the one on Kentares…”

And with that the Dogs of War are off to Placidia’s capital of New Water to attend the Oberon Conference.

On the record all of the Houses were sending diplomats to open up relations with the world, and off the record various mechwarriors were using it as cover to slash and burn the country side in search of any lost-tec.

Following up on one of the many bar-room leads, the Dogs of War clashed with elements of House Davion’s 1st Argyle Rangers. They were hard to miss with their self-righteous symbols and happy yellow mechs.

In the opening minutes of the confrontation our professional troubleshooters pushed back at the Davion aggressors, showing true restraint for the local eco-system as they returned fire.

Davion air support and mech coordination was admittedly superior, which was later attributed to an unsanctioned communications officer who compromised our communications frequencies, and who has subsequently had his employment with the company terminated.

Dogs of War losses amounted to one Slayer plane and some light mech damage, of which we were unable to secure negotiations at this time regarding the lost-tec lead.

In closing we wish to extend our continued support and admiration to House Davion, especially in clearing up the potential misunderstanding regarding their downed Jenner mech. Clearly our troubleshooters thought the mechwarrior had ejected while we continued to fire on the mech while it was down and disabled.

We understand how this could be seen as targeting a downed mechwarrior, but clearly in the fog of war these misunderstandings happen from time to time.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2016, 13:49:44 by Fritz »
My Battletech tactics & podcasts: http://www.wargamerfritz.com

Fritz

• Recruit
    • Wargamer Fritz
Re: The Oberon Conference- Dogs of War
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2016, 13:12:30 »

Fritz

• Recruit
    • Wargamer Fritz
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2016, 13:14:15 »

Fritz

• Recruit
    • Wargamer Fritz
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2016, 08:31:29 »
As we continue to enjoy the hospitality of the Oberon Conference, I’m honored to announce the commitment of the Dogs of War to Placidia and how we would like to support the efforts of the local community.

Following this initiative, we had dispatched some of our troubleshooters to deliver vital medical supplies to a remote children’s hospital in the country side, admittedly not far from the site of where the los-tec was discovered.

However, it is with great shock that I report our relief effort was savagely ambushed by elements of House Davion as our troubleshooters fought to the last mech.

Such valiant heroics are captured in the last moments of this pic-feed as our one of our corporate mechwarriors piloting a Stalker fends off multiple Davion attackers from all directions.

I ask House Davion, why?

Why?

Why would you attack such a relief effort?

In response as to why the Dogs of War would send a lance of heavy and assault class mechs to deliver medical supplies, I answer with the obvious- we did it for the children.

What child doesn’t like their holo-pic taken in the pilot’s chair of a mech?

What child wouldn’t want their holo-pic taken next to a mechwarrior and meet their real life heroes?

Sadly, through the aggressive efforts of House Davion, these children will never have that experience now.

I ask for a moment of silence for our brave mechwarriors who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Credit donations to their widows can be made through the Dogs of War corporate account link below… 
« Last Edit: 13 May 2016, 08:35:42 by Fritz »

Fritz

• Recruit
    • Wargamer Fritz
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2016, 08:32:15 »
More pic-captures of our relief efforts...

Fritz

• Recruit
    • Wargamer Fritz
« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2016, 08:33:46 »
The last moments of our brave Stalker pilot fighting against 5-1 odds.

primalucem

• Corporal
« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2016, 18:30:54 »
You forgot to add the tag at the end "This week's lies brought to you by House Kurita".  Yes, we saw the Kurita crews salvaging your mechs.

The Dogs of War clearly needs a new Press Officer - this one's falsehoods are so transparent that one of their fictional orphans could see through it. Not only has there never been an orphanage within 100 clicks of the battlefield, but the only supplies carried by the mechs in question were ammunition for their weapons.  The 1st Argyle Rangers had ample time to scan the wrecks, after all, as the Dogs of War lance was utterly crushed despite their numerical advantage.

It should also be noted that once again the battle in question saw a Dogs mech firing at a downed mechwarrior, who thankfully ejected with only minor injuries. As for the FedSuns unit, the last mech on the field, a heavily damaged blackjack, was chivalrously offered favorable terms for their surrender, but refused without response.

It is possible that this was not fanaticism, but fear. Especially with the discovery of the mutilated body of the ex-Dogs of War comm officer who was recently "dismissed". Clearly, the Dogs learned many lessons from their brutish Kurita masters. It might also explain why their Stalker pilot recklessly overheated their mech, resulting in the ammo explosion that killed him or her.

Towards the just end of transparency, something prized as a central freedom in the Federated Suns, the 1st Argyle Rangers will soon release their own report of the recent action. Interested parties and the accredited press will be given cockpit cam records to clear up any disparities in the record.