Author Topic: Mech of the Week HD-2F Hound  (Read 8158 times)

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Mech of the Week HD-2F Hound
« Reply #30 on: 20 July 2018, 11:46:33 »
Right, but that’s exactly why they’d remember Ian, the same way Americans revolutionary era might remember Queen Anne.  Except that there were probably significantly more living Filtvelters at the time who had been alive during Ian’s reign.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Iron Grenadier

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #31 on: 20 July 2018, 14:07:35 »
Well he have vehicle designs like the Patton/Rommel, Von Luckner and Zhukov all named after people dead for thousands of years, so 80 years is a drop in a large bucket.

If there isn't any additional information, that's fine was just curious.

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 21 July 2018, 01:50:33 »
This is the upgrade. It was originally designed with a ppc and ac10. I then looked at what could be easily upgraded from this leftover from Davion traders. Options were the lbx with a snubby and, rac5 with twin lppc were the options I came up with. Obviously we swapped them around and dropped the original.

PPC and AC10? I would have thought LL and AC10 myself.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #33 on: 11 August 2018, 21:30:45 »
Who says they have the tech to upgrade it?  Filtvelt is a backwater, and Periphery powers generally don’t tend to be able to build mechs, especially advanced ones, without assistance.  Designing and building a 70 tonner that makes limited use of new tech is pretty surprising.  At any rate, it came out in the TRO 3145 series.  There hasn’t really been much timeline advancement since then.  Where would news have come from?
Filtvelt's mortal enemies Tortuga have produced varients of the Brigand equipped with: Mace's, Endo-Steel, XL engines, Medium X-Pulse Laser's, Angel ECM, Double Heat Sinks, and Improved Jump Jets. And I believe all of that equipment is produced on Tortuga itself (Or in orbit for the Endo-Steel)

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 11 August 2018, 22:05:54 »
Only changes I'd make is strip out the medium laser, add CASE and half a ton of armour.
drop the lppcs, add the large back and case
granted I would prefer to swap the srms for an LRM5
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #35 on: 11 August 2018, 23:21:57 »
Filtvelt's mortal enemies Tortuga have produced variants of the Brigand equipped with: Mace's, Endo-Steel, XL engines, Medium X-Pulse Laser's, Angel ECM, Double Heat Sinks, and Improved Jump Jets. And I believe all of that equipment is produced on Tortuga itself (Or in orbit for the Endo-Steel)
The StarCorps Dossiers, which describes Vengeance Incorporated, describes their facilities as a cluster of repair bays, and indicated that they are not making its components themselves, just assembling stuff they had obtained through other means. in fact, the only component called out as locally produced is the standard armor.

all of the systems it uses are things that are in fairly common use at the time the variant appears, and could easily have been obtained through the black market or raids on supply ships. we also don't know how common most of those variants are relative to the standard model, which only has DHS and MPL's as its advanced tech.

« Last Edit: 11 August 2018, 23:27:13 by glitterboy2098 »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #36 on: 13 August 2018, 13:40:50 »
Yeah, most of the Brigand advanced tech is stolen.  There's a specific note to that in the (now unaccessible) 3067 MilSpecs articles.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #37 on: 27 August 2018, 20:44:17 »
Makes me think of a heavy Shadow Hawk minus jump jets. 

Register