Author Topic: HABeas2's Cats  (Read 5496 times)

Fletch

• Captain
HABeas2's Cats
« on: 01 September 2011, 03:12:04 »
Relax! The well-being of the inner sphere depends on CGL's staff being overworked, under considerable time pressure, and being taunted by specially selected members of the fanbase. For special occasions, we get overseas manufacturers involved to ensure the stress levels never have a chance to drop!

W   ;)

Since we have a thread on the man, why not one on his cats.  What role do they really play to ensure CGL's staff are being overworked, under considerable time pressure, and being taunted by specially selected members of the fanbase?  How many units and technologies do they really design.  How much input and influence did they have over GhostBears cats during the writing of WoR? Do they have the codes to the nukes?
« Last Edit: 01 September 2011, 03:14:14 by Fletch »

txMaddog

• Sergeant
Re: HABeas2's Cats
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2011, 04:46:09 »
Must resist urge to break out the Critter-Tek book!!  :D

His cats probably have their own suits of Battle Armor.  [notworthy]
Fan Fund the SC-V-1 "Vampyr" ScavengerMech!!  Why should the combat pilots have all the fun??

StoneGiant

• Master Sergeant
  • CLAN WIND SHRIMP
« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2011, 05:30:46 »
If they're anything like my cat they do not understand and therefore cannot respect the concept of being busy or working, or anything other than it is time to pay attention to the cat, pet the cat, feed the cat, and love the cat, and lo that is actually both your giri and also your ninjo.

The cat walked across my keyboard while I attempted to type this.  :D
555th Prawn Grenadiers, Tempura Galaxy, Scampi Cluster, Gumbo Super Nova, Risotto Trinary, Creole Star.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2011, 05:43:10 »
Don't forget the ever popular sink hogs. Nothing like lounging in a cool porcelain sink while a silly human needs to run the water. Usually one look can stop said human dead in their tracks and go find another sink (and another cat in said sink) or the hand washing gel (which we have carefully hidden from said human thus wasting more time.)

StoneGiant

• Master Sergeant
  • CLAN WIND SHRIMP
« Reply #4 on: 01 September 2011, 06:03:03 »
My cat insists on drinking water ONLY from the bathroom sink, if I fill his water from, ANY OTHER water source, the kitchen sink, a hose, bottled water, he will not drink it. Almost makes me wonder what he knows or perceives that i do not.

The sinks that are not in the bathroom have the old "metal pipe" taste to them, and the bathroom sink water does not, I can't decide if it's some sort of coincidence or preference on the cat's part or something more sinister.  :(
555th Prawn Grenadiers, Tempura Galaxy, Scampi Cluster, Gumbo Super Nova, Risotto Trinary, Creole Star.

Warpimp

• Warrant Officer
    • "Down, Out, and Dispossessed in the Third Succession War" my BattleTech Fan Fiction
« Reply #5 on: 01 September 2011, 11:10:22 »
I do believe they wrote a some of the fluff in one of the Jihad hot spots books and did the specs for the Fafnir.
"Down, Out, and Dispossessed in the Third Succession War" my BattleTech Fan Fiction
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,38140.0.html

"Against the Clans" Against the Bot ruleset for Clan campaigns project thread
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,39685.0.html

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #6 on: 01 September 2011, 11:14:06 »
Hate to say it, but if this thread stays open, it'll probably get tossed into the MW Hall. 
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

Charlie Tango

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm feeling a little sketchy...
« Reply #7 on: 01 September 2011, 12:19:25 »

[copper]

Ask and ye shall receive.

/  [copper]
"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature.
There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."

-- William S. Burroughs

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #8 on: 01 September 2011, 20:18:18 »
What if we don't want it? We have enough problems with dealing with Wombat! Now you are inflicting Herb's cats on us as well?
If you are waiting for me to go out of my mind you will have to wait. The exits are not clearly marked and the doors open the wrong way. Oh, and the doors are trapped!

Hersh67

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 01 September 2011, 20:50:31 »
Charlie Tango, Not nice!   >:(

sir_spamalot

• Major
  • Pip pip Spammy O. Jolly good can then.
    • Really Pathetic Productions
« Reply #10 on: 04 September 2011, 17:25:44 »
Well It certainly doesn't up the insanity level any.....   :D

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #11 on: 04 September 2011, 19:00:02 »
What if we don't want it? We have enough problems with dealing with Wombat! Now you are inflicting Herb's cats on us as well?

What even scarier is if Wombat and Herb's cats come to an agreement....

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #12 on: 06 September 2011, 13:38:05 »
WomCat?
Maker of big things.

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
« Reply #13 on: 06 September 2011, 14:57:15 »

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)