Author Topic: Ghost Bears Cave  (Read 193020 times)

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Re: Ghost Bears Cave
« Reply #630 on: 28 September 2011, 02:10:31 »
*laughs* I was about to say something, when i changed the channel to Tosh.0 and saw a polar bear mauling someone... *takes his eyes away from screen* Anyway, We have to do some more of those, they were epic and informational in the kind of dmg one could expect elementals to take. Like limbs shorn off stuff like that ^__^
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #631 on: 28 September 2011, 03:48:26 »
http://www.classicbattletech.com/index.php?action=products&mode=full&id=370  hopefully there will be some information about the native galaxy's
A member of Clan Ghost Bears Legal Team

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #632 on: 28 September 2011, 23:38:51 »
Well having read the Field Report I now know what Beta galaxy was up to, they lead the assault on Pesht, and other worlds before moving down to Dieron.

And Also:
NNNNOOOOOOO!!!! Not my 304th Assault Cluster! But at least we went down swinging in the Chiloe Pass, probably led the breakthrough. Guess I will have to shift to my second favorite unit, the 3rd Bear Guards (The Illkhan's Shield).
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #633 on: 29 September 2011, 00:56:19 »
wait....wait wait wait...you read the field report??...it's out?!?!  :o [drool] [rockon]
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #634 on: 29 September 2011, 02:07:08 »
Yep. Would you believe that I have read it already  :)

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #635 on: 29 September 2011, 05:22:04 »
Yep. Would you believe that I have read it already  :)
Really no it does not Trothkin.

I will post my thoughts on the Bears when I reach that point

Grand Titan

• Corporal
  • You dont need pants to see the world ends.....
« Reply #636 on: 29 September 2011, 10:17:37 »
Both my 304th and 297th were destroyed..., anyone recommends any other good bear cluster (with high percentage of assault mechs?)

Clan Stone Lion - Hi, it's better than "Hell's Horses Who Got Stuck In The Homeworlds"

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #637 on: 29 September 2011, 10:38:22 »
Both my 304th and 297th were destroyed..., anyone recommends any other good bear cluster (with high percentage of assault mechs?)

1st Tyr assault cluster?

I will post my thoughts on the Bears when I reach that point

Well here are my thoughts on the Bears.. Damn we have a touman and a half fourteen (active) GBD galaxies and three native ones plus militia.
Our navy is sadly under strength warship wise but it seems our jump ship fleet is more than up to the task and it seems we have production to spare since we offered to build some for the republic, (I wonder who else we are selling to? CDS maybe?)
« Last Edit: 29 September 2011, 11:05:06 by nova_dew »

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #638 on: 29 September 2011, 11:59:40 »

332nd Assault Cluster, 357th Assault Cluster
nova_dew mentioned the 1st Tyr

to nova_dew
keep in mind that a majority of those Clusters are in the 40% strength range and some of those Galaxies only have 2 or 3 Clusters
while the same can be said for some of the other Clans, i'm just pointing out that we're not as well-off as we might first appear
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #639 on: 29 September 2011, 12:28:02 »
332nd Assault Cluster, 357th Assault Cluster
nova_dew mentioned the 1st Tyr

to nova_dew
keep in mind that a majority of those Clusters are in the 40% strength range and some of those Galaxies only have 2 or 3 Clusters
while the same can be said for some of the other Clans, I'm just pointing out that we're not as well-off as we might first appear

True but unlike most clans we have a militia force on a lot of worlds and while some what questionable i think they will keep any pirates busy so we can use the native galaxies as reinforcements if needed

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #640 on: 29 September 2011, 12:43:54 »
well yes, we have a militia force, but we don't actually know where they are deployed to or if they are actively being used, as the entry says the Clan has no idea what to do with them and that other Clan units are recruiting from them heavily (ie. Sigma)

it is reasonable to assume they are being used while the Clan figures it out, but the fact that the other Clan units are basically recruiting from them to fill their own depleted ranks makes me think they won't be around for long in any significant way

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #641 on: 29 September 2011, 14:17:19 »
while the same can be said for some of the other Clans, i'm just pointing out that we're not as well-off as we might first appear
Yes, but those clusters are still on the roster even if at only 40%. That means they will be rebuilt. And considering that everyone has most of their units at 40%-60% strength we are still doing fairly well. Honestly I did not expect to have 14 Galaxies after the Jihad. I though several Galaxies would be disbanded to rebuild others. We actually have more Galaxies now than we did in the 3060's (even if there are probably less troops overall). overall I am quite pleased.
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1

Dread Moores

• Captain
« Reply #642 on: 29 September 2011, 14:21:39 »
Yes, but those clusters are still on the roster even if at only 40%. That means they will be rebuilt.

Not necessarily. We've seen units survive one conflict, only to die in the next one, or be disbanded to shore up several weakened units. This is at the end of 3079, after the final fights of the Protectorate have occurred, and Terra has been retaken. FM: 3085 is where you'll get a much clearer picture on what exactly rebuilding has done. A few more years of rebuilding (rather than the few months since operations finally ceased) will give answers to that. Right now, it's difficult to predict.

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #643 on: 29 September 2011, 14:24:05 »
Sorry, you will not tear down my eternal optimism so easily!  :P  ;D

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #644 on: 29 September 2011, 14:33:40 »
Honestly I did not expect to have 14 Galaxies after the Jihad. I though several Galaxies would be disbanded to rebuild others. We actually have more Galaxies now than we did in the 3060's (even if there are probably less troops overall). overall I am quite pleased.

agreed, i was expecting along the lines of like 7 Galaxies left or something going by the snippets gleaned from the Touring the Stars articles

although if you count em up, we're down to something like 42 Clusters (in name, not force strength), not including the Kungsarme units counted as irregular troops...so we've lost about 20 Clusters, more if you consider that 4 of the ones listed are new since FM:U

Grand Titan

• Corporal
  • You dont need pants to see the world ends.....
« Reply #645 on: 29 September 2011, 15:40:13 »
Ahhh..,yes, the 357th, "The Steiner Cluster". this could be intersting. although i will always miss the 297th and their easygoing nature (which is good for some RPG settings)

Clan Stone Lion - Hi, it's better than "Hell's Horses Who Got Stuck In The Homeworlds"

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #646 on: 29 September 2011, 17:56:27 »

Everything is going to be heavier these days. Sourcing medium OmniMechs is difficult.

Sorry, you will not tear down my eternal optimism so easily!  :P  ;D

Enjoy it. It is downhill from here. And thats a good thing.

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #647 on: 30 September 2011, 04:29:55 »
Everything is going to be heavier these days. Sourcing medium OmniMechs is difficult.

Enjoy it. It is downhill from here. And thats a good thing.

You mean we use mediums for anything other then elemental taxi's..........?
And as long as we do not start arming industrial 'Mechs for front line clusters I could live with most things

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #648 on: 30 September 2011, 05:32:02 »
I don't want to give too much away, but there is a real lack of light and medium OmniMech production in the Inner Sphere. The best fast medium that the Bears have easy access to is the Shadow Hawk produced at Orestes.

In contrast we have a couple of light light 'Mechs, multiple heavy Omnis and 'Mechs and a lot of assaults.

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #649 on: 30 September 2011, 06:03:41 »
What gets me is that we can get our paws on some very nice fast lights/mediums useful as scouts but few if any are omni and since we use a lot of elemental's we have few ways of transporting them other than vehicles maybe it is time for some magnetic clamp BA quaff?

As for mediums most forces tend to use them as ultra heavy lights or pocket heavies anyway.... or is that just me?

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #650 on: 30 September 2011, 12:31:46 »
Wow my poor Omegas took a beating.
I can only hope we rebuild by the Dark Age.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #651 on: 30 September 2011, 12:46:27 »
Wow my poor Omegas took a beating.
I can only hope we rebuild by the Dark Age.

Well...

By the Dark Age, Omega is on the verge of being disbanded because the rest of the Bears find their familiarity with Spheroid ways to be too much of a taint. They are saved when their commander gets them sent to Vega to help restore stability to the fracturing Republic... and then she promptly defects from the Dominion to create the Vega Protectorate in cooperation with Spheroids and then marries the acting governor of the planet, even adding his surname to her own Bloodname as a hyphenated monstrosity.

So, there's that to look forward to. ;)

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #652 on: 30 September 2011, 12:49:40 »
Hey we were trained to fight like Spheroids and, by Tseng and Jorgensson, we went full bore on that thought!  ;D
If it takes a couple of our warriors to blend with them then so be it.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #653 on: 30 September 2011, 13:31:59 »
I don't want to give too much away, but there is a real lack of light and medium OmniMech production in the Inner Sphere. The best fast medium that the Bears have easy access to is the Shadow Hawk produced at Orestes.

In contrast we have a couple of light light 'Mechs, multiple heavy Omnis and 'Mechs and a lot of assaults.

We do still produce the Firemoth, although I do miss the Viper line.

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #654 on: 30 September 2011, 13:42:43 »

what do you mean? we have the Mad Dog, quiaff?  ::)

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #655 on: 03 October 2011, 08:44:00 »
And the Arcas too for the second line forces

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #656 on: 03 October 2011, 16:57:11 »
And the Arcas too for the second line forces

? ???

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #657 on: 04 October 2011, 04:53:34 »
He is probably unaware of the oversized medium stereotype.

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #658 on: 04 October 2011, 05:38:50 »
He is probably unaware of the oversized medium stereotype.
just a wee bit, and half asleep when i posted  ::)

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #659 on: 04 October 2011, 11:43:49 »
just a wee bit, and half asleep when i posted  ::)

those can be some of the best posts evar! wake up the next day and be all like, wait, I posted what!?!?
;)

more seriously, how do you all feel about the latest info which has Bear troops garrisoning what are basically RotS worlds? (from FR: Clans)
we "know" from DA material that there will be some Bear units that go over to the Devlin Stone camp