Author Topic: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 4, The Madness Begins  (Read 177960 times)

Speedbump

• Master Sergeant
I've already sent a message to Catalyst on Kickstarter, but am I the only one seeing the Star Commander pledge level as being $5 dollars cheaper on the pledge manager than on the Kickstarter page?

DarkSpade

• Major
Keep this in mind.  Until the minis are painted, they can easily be stored in a plastic tub!  :thumbsup:

I just got a reminder e-mail that I haven't close my pledge yet.  It hasn't been a week, chill.  ??? Are we running really short on time or something?  I haven't seen any mention of a deadline yet.  I'd like to wait a little while before I do my 54 choices(holy crap!) just to make sure the kinks are all out.

Also, anyone know if the shipping is calculated as you go?  I want to make sure I leave enough of my original pledge so as little comes out of my current wallet as possible.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Charlie 6

• Captain
I'm going to ask again, here at least, has anyone found where in the pledge manager the $200 Canon Character add-on is?  That add-on is the "as long as you name it after your the kids and me," thumbs up on my bid from the spouse check.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kilderkin

• Corporal
I'm going to ask again, here at least, has anyone found where in the pledge manager the $200 Canon Character add-on is?  That add-on is the "as long as you name it after your the kids and me," thumbs up on my bid from the spouse check.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Came to forums to see if this had been mentioned. I can’t find any mention of the canon character on the pledge manager. Considering that’s why I went to the level I did is a bit concerning.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Came to forums to see if this had been mentioned. I can’t find any mention of the canon character on the pledge manager. Considering that’s why I went to the level I did is a bit concerning.

You and me and a LOT of others!
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Oh man that IS a big omission

It affects what 2000+ backers?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Reldn

• Lieutenant
Wow, Star Colonel . . . 50 items in the bundle outside of the Lance/Star selections.  To be fair, some of this as digital content has already been delivered but its still something like 20 physical items in the bundle shipping in Wave 1.  I am doing my selections when the toddler is in bed so I can focus.

That did indeed get formidable. I lost my mind and added on for a second Star Colonel Pledge....That definitely turned into a bit of a headache to sort through.  xp

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Keep this in mind.  Until the minis are painted, they can easily be stored in a plastic tub!  :thumbsup:

I would only try that with one-piece molds. Otherwise you risk a lot of bent, separated, or outright broken pieces.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
My goac minis have suffered no such fate in a quart bag in a tub with their their plastic brethren from the past 30 years

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Oh, right. You can do that with plastic minis. Was thinking of pewter.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
I've already sent a message to Catalyst on Kickstarter, but am I the only one seeing the Star Commander pledge level as being $5 dollars cheaper on the pledge manager than on the Kickstarter page?

They removed the wave 2 standees and record sheets from the pledge levels, so people who only wanted lance and star packs from Wave 1 wouldn't have to choose between waiting for Wave 2 or paying extra to get some small items shipped later.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

DarkSpade

• Major
Oh, right. You can do that with plastic minis. Was thinking of pewter.

Oh hell, I'd never do that with pewter! :o  That's all either in pluck foam trays or cluttering my desks.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer

Lorcan Nagle covered it, but I’ll add that the pledge manager says something to this effect (except in less detail) in the pledge level’s description (at least the ones I saw).  That’s how I found out about the change.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Finished my selections today.  I wouldn't say it was difficult, but it was a lot of loot to keep straight.  Thankfully I wrote most everything down ahead of time.  Should there be another BT Kickstarter, please trim the selections just a bit. ;)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Wolf72

• Captain
I think the add-ons would have been easier if it could have been divided into multiple pages instead of having everything on one huge page.

That was my feeling, too.  Those two pages were looooooong.  I had to wait until someone posted here to find the plushie, it blended in so well with all of the other add-ons in its section.  Splitting the pages into comparable products would have been nice ... I think, I don't design this stuff.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Finished my selections today.  I wouldn't say it was difficult, but it was a lot of loot to keep straight.  Thankfully I wrote most everything down ahead of time.  Should there be another BT Kickstarter, please trim the selections just a bit. ;)

Yeah, they sort of went Oprah on us . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Today was rough for me at work, so I'll probably do my selections tomorrow...

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Yeah, they sort of went Oprah on us . . .

I think you mean:

Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
I think you mean:
:toofunny: Thanks for the brown ale out the nose.  :beer:
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
They removed the wave 2 standees and record sheets from the pledge levels, so people who only wanted lance and star packs from Wave 1 wouldn't have to choose between waiting for Wave 2 or paying extra to get some small items shipped later.

Thank you for posting this!

Now off I go to add those...
I have spoken.

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel

Thanks

Because it's neither a digital or physical reward, the canon character is being handled separately. It's been requested they publish an update regarding the canon character option and how it's handled.

For now, I would leave your Pledge Manager open.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Asgo

• Warrant Officer
Because it's neither a digital or physical reward, the canon character is being handled separately. It's been requested they publish an update regarding the canon character option and how it's handled.

well technically, since they had an addon for an additional canon character on their campaign page they made it a digital product at least, not just a side effect of any pledge level.
It's interesting to see that this is missing from the PM. My guess would be that the idea of additional chars has been dropped or that you can add one in that separate way of dealing with chars. I just hope for CG that they don't get too many complaints from people who already added money for that during the campaign. ;)

Eisenwolf

• Sergeant
  • Martius Lupus
In the Pledge Manager scenario # 5 Last Stand is not listed as "when finished". Have we gotten this one allready? 'Cause I can not find it anywhere.  :-\

Charlie 6

• Captain

Thanks, makes sense.  Nice quote from 3CL in your bio that I too keep clicking into.

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
I always thought that a "Voucher for one Divorce Lawyer" would be an addon that would sell well on those big ks projects. ;)

In a Word, Magnets.

So there's the expensive way, and the cheap way.  Expensive way is Battlefoam, Cheap way is some scrap wood and cheap sheet metal or ferrous cookie sheets.

For me it's just to invest in proper foam tray carriers from a reputable manufacturer.

It’s almost like you guys aren’t even TRYING to be a good influence on my spending habits.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Charlie 6

• Captain

It’s almost like you guys aren’t even TRYING to be a good influence on my spending habits.
You could always claim to be spending against next year's budget. It would be true if the PM stays open that long.

Asgo

• Warrant Officer

in my case that has nothing to do with your spending habits - I'm just a bad influence in general. ;)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
Heh... I was within $3.70 with my shipping estimate.  So I picked up digital copies of Decision at Thunder Rift and Mercenary's Star for an extra $0.28.  I was originally going to go for a ComStar coin, but the black and gold combination really only left me one option: the Federated Suns.  ^-^

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
Ack... just got the e-mail on how to redeem my digital rewards.  Could it be any more user unfriendly?  Seriously, only one redemption code per checkout??

Codes may be use only once, and due to security limitations only one code for a free item may be used at a time. Please complete the entire process before you click the next link.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
Dang it... the e-mail also didn't include Decision at Thunder Rift (though it did have Mercenary's Star).  Weird... off to the KS page...

OK, I see what they did... instead of grouping the two add ons together in the list, they split them up...  ::)

Still a pain to redeem, though...
« Last Edit: 16 November 2019, 08:59:57 by Daryk »