Author Topic: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing  (Read 166488 times)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing
« Reply #1170 on: 02 January 2019, 13:22:28 »
wizard of legend came in this month's humble bundle. pretty good action rogue-like

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #1171 on: 04 January 2019, 05:00:28 »
I'm getting back into Rising Storm 2, and I forgot how satisfying it is to get headshots in that game. That nice PLINK you get when you nail someone in the helmet is the best sound.

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #1172 on: 05 January 2019, 03:36:29 »
Like the sound of armor penetration in Steel Panthers and Close Combat. As long as it was not one of your tanks that was hit.
Shoot first, laugh later.

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #1173 on: 05 January 2019, 07:42:49 »
Planetside 2 again, and it looks like the bulk of our regular outfit has moved to the Soltech (Japan) server. Looks like I'm going to have to build my character up once more.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1174 on: 05 January 2019, 12:32:04 »
Nuka-World.... Ants and the bad language!

Oh boy.... now where's Cappy again? ;)

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #1175 on: 05 January 2019, 17:33:23 »
Nuka-World.... Ants and the bad language!

Oh boy.... now where's Cappy again? ;)

TT

Where are you at on Odyssey now? I recently re-beat Bowser on a new playthrough (old cartridge got stolen at the airport). I'm at about 40-50 moons in Mushroom Kingdom and haven't touched the Cube moons of the game's 2nd half.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1176 on: 05 January 2019, 17:36:46 »
Playing a Steam early release called Graveyard Keeper. Introduced by a friend, it's a crafting/tech tree oriented game with an art style and feel like Stardew Valley. But it's dark. Actually quite dark and demented. Your character does things with cadavers that are just... ew. I'm a sucker for this kind of game flow and I like it so far, but I'm not sure whether I'll be interested in RP'ing a reluctant necromancer or inquisitor.

Also, apparently, the characters talk about the Town as if it's an actual place to visit. You can get a town pass, but lightning kills you every time you try to travel there. It is apparently a dev joke, but I think it's a bit too obscure to be detected by players.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #1177 on: 06 January 2019, 03:47:48 »
Proper response to an uppity Synth Courser who you happen to need a Courser chip from;

- Three doses of Nuclear ordnance
- Fifteen doses of Missiles
- One dosage of 44 Magnum directly to the cranium, applied as a critical hit.

In case it wasn't obvious, I really, REALLY hate the courser in that particular mission.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1178 on: 06 January 2019, 11:53:23 »
I liked the snarky response you could give him.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #1179 on: 06 January 2019, 17:43:13 »
I liked the snarky response you could give him.
I used to, until I realized how much I like calzones and how my character would problably be one of the few left on Earth to know how to make one.

Now it just makes me sad.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1180 on: 06 January 2019, 19:05:25 »
Curse you for pointing that out!  Now I'm sad!

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1181 on: 07 January 2019, 10:58:49 »
2 Nuke Mines is all it took, had Curie with me in a her new body, so there! She did have Ashmaker tricked out tho...

If that helps... I currently am using Ada in Nuka World in max capacity... god I hate MR. Floatys...  :D Sooo many bad puns here.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1182 on: 07 January 2019, 13:15:28 »
I'm pretty sure my reaction to that Courser was to just employ Spray N Pray in his general direction for a short amount of time.

PsihoKekec

• Captain
« Reply #1183 on: 12 January 2019, 03:16:13 »
I did DRL Archangel of 666 challenge again, this time without Dragonslayer. Still, I found no less than four nuclear (self charging) BFGs during the play, modifying one into BBFG9000, doing duble damage of regular BFG. Superb for clearing out the masses of monsters often surrounding  me at the start of the level.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
« Reply #1184 on: 12 January 2019, 03:27:30 »
I started a new game of Kingdom Come Deliverance last night. I like it pretty well. Much better after I learned how to draw my damn sword!!!  ;D  I think I died 6 time in the first real fight just button mashing trying to braw the sword...  xp

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #1185 on: 13 January 2019, 03:51:32 »
Less of a 'playing' and more of a 'building'-I recently bought the Halo 5 "Hannibal Mantis" set, and it kind of rekindled the desire to get Halo sets once again.

Seriously, this thing's awesome. The usage of ball joints in the leg make it far more posable than any mech lego set I've ever used short of Bionicles, and that's not even getting into the posing joy that is Megabrand's Halo minifigures. Articulated KNEES and ELBOWS, people, that's the future right there. The quality has really taken a massive step up from that Halo Wars-era Warthog I got way back when.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1186 on: 13 January 2019, 09:29:47 »
New Super Mario U is good. I never had a Wii U so this was a fine opportunity to dive into some lovely HD side scrolling action. Nintendo's virtuosity at exploring mini mechanics for one or two levels is really dominant here and a pleasure to explore as they confidantly play with whole sections of the screen to introduce challenges. Animations are top notch but more complicated and longer than the SNES days. The direction changes and skid stops also take longer. The interactive elements of the world map are fine but Nintendo doesn't do much with them. For example, I don't see a lot of decision making opportunites. The paths are colorfully and well disguised to not look linear but linear they are. It's more SMB3 than SMW in design. I liked the latter more for a reason. I have not yet gotten a chance to play single screen coop yet. It may be that the party game aspect is the real feature of the game that opens up so much more.

Altogether I think the Wii U port is a very solid Switch addition. They needed a decent 2D partner to flesh out the Mario lineup and this does an excellent job. But there are very good reasons Super Mario World is the Platonic ideal of a 2D platformer. The multi path hidden key exit alone created an interplay between overworld and level that I still have yet to see in a game.

PsihoKekec

• Captain
« Reply #1187 on: 14 January 2019, 01:06:59 »
MechCommander Gold with Darkest Hours mod. As fun as I remember it.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1188 on: 14 January 2019, 23:58:15 »
PsihoKekec~

PM sent...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #1189 on: 15 January 2019, 00:14:40 »
I've decided to do a play-through of the original Super Mario Bros. NES game via Switch Online's subscription.  With Practice after practice, I've  made it to World 4-1.  I know this following sentence would be a cop-out but, are you ready for it? here we go... I used the save state feature whenever I completed a level or save to a safe spot to take a break from it.

PS- remember folks, this is a thread for Non-BT video games.
« Last Edit: 15 January 2019, 00:20:11 by SapphireWolf »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1190 on: 15 January 2019, 00:20:48 »

Does Hawken count?  xp

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1191 on: 15 January 2019, 00:25:43 »
Does Hawken count?  xp

TT

In terms of Non-BT video games, you can talk about other mech games that is not Mechwarrior and/or Battletech such as Armored Core and as you mentioned, Hawken.  :)

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #1192 on: 15 January 2019, 00:28:01 »
such as Armored Core
Speaking of, I heard that a new Armored Core's all but confirmed, but I can't remember where I heard that from.

On another mech note-or, rather, a mini-mecha note (Because Power Armor/Battle Armor doesn't adequately describe it to me), Anthem's preorders are available now.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1193 on: 15 January 2019, 11:21:48 »
I've decided to do a play-through of the original Super Mario Bros. NES game via Switch Online's subscription.  With Practice after practice, I've  made it to World 4-1.  I know this following sentence would be a cop-out but, are you ready for it? here we go... I used the save state feature whenever I completed a level or save to a safe spot to take a break from it.
Youth these days, can't play through a platformer game without saving.

You know level 1-2 has a short cut, right? When you come to the steel beams (or whatev) going up and down, go up all the way and jump on top of the top-most bricks just below status bar. Run all the way to the end, and you should come across a room with 3 pipes going down and text "WARP ZONE" if I recall correctly.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1194 on: 15 January 2019, 11:48:36 »

it's all good fun. bragging about living through the "nitnendo hard days" is like my great grandfather grousing about his sons getting to use tractors instead of an animal-drawn plough. i would have given a finger back in the 80s for savestates.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1195 on: 15 January 2019, 13:55:34 »
To say nothing about the old Mega Man games. Man, those aren't Ghosts and Goblins or Ninja Gaiden hard, but they were still in the top tier for NES.

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1196 on: 15 January 2019, 13:59:11 »
You know level 1-2 has a short cut, right? When you come to the steel beams (or whatev) going up and down, go up all the way and jump on top of the top-most bricks just below status bar. Run all the way to the end, and you should come across a room with 3 pipes going down and text "WARP ZONE" if I recall correctly.

*sigh* yes I know.  I'm totally aware of warp zones

Youth these days, can't play through a platformer game without saving.
*facepalm* I'm an adult who's almost 3 decades old
« Last Edit: 15 January 2019, 14:04:16 by SapphireWolf »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1197 on: 15 January 2019, 14:05:59 »
I like platformers with save games.  I no longer have the time or the attention span needed to play a game for three straight hours.

Not to mention the fact that it allows for much larger and more complex games.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1198 on: 15 January 2019, 14:34:02 »
To say nothing about the old Mega Man games. Man, those aren't Ghosts and Goblins or Ninja Gaiden hard, but they were still in the top tier for NES.

sometimes you can just feel the coder's gleeful sadism. I'm pretty sure part of the QC check before some of those games went out the door had a box to tick off entitled "makes children cry."

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1199 on: 15 January 2019, 14:49:24 »
sometimes you can just feel the coder's gleeful sadism. I'm pretty sure part of the QC check before some of those games went out the door had a box to tick off entitled "makes children cry."

Arcade quarter design habits.