Author Topic: Could the Consciousness and Bleeding Check Rules be Better?  (Read 3313 times)

DevianID

• Captain
Re: Could the Consciousness and Bleeding Check Rules be Better?
« Reply #30 on: 22 November 2023, 02:31:25 »
So bit late, but question.  I guess we played it wrong, but with a TN of 7, is KO checks not a modified attribute check?  So with the average will of 4, I thought if there is no injury modifier you start with a 3+ (tn7 -4 will) for staying awake.  I may have assumed this from that being where battletech starts its KO rolls from.
We played it wrong, but close.  On my page 183 its a TN of 12 for a single attribute will check, but you also add your body.  So our joe average troops with 4 in each stat should have needed a 12-8=4 TN, -1 from injury up to 25%.  So we were off by 1 I guess.  Unless there is errata that further makes it weird.

If Consciousness is a skill roll, so you dont add your will to the role (well I guess if you have 7 will you add a measly 1), then shouldn't there be a skill I can buy instead?  Since for attribute checks you add your will versus the TN, and for skill checks you add the link score + skill versus the TN.  Seems odd the KO rules would use the skill rules but not have a skill to upgrade.

Edit: For bleeding, if our joe average bod4 troop took 3 damage, then they would need a bleeding check as it is more then half their bod.  This would be 12-4 for bod, so they would be bleeding unless they rolled an 8?  This makes bleeding pretty deadly unless you have a medic with kit already in hand right?  As it takes a simple action to pull out the kit, and a complex action to try and stop bleeding, so 2 turns most of the time?
« Last Edit: 22 November 2023, 03:43:48 by DevianID »

Register