Author Topic: Did Focht know about the Thomas Marik duplicate?  (Read 10376 times)

Stormfury

• Major
  • Death couldn't stop me. How will you?
Re: Did Focht know about the Thomas Marik duplicate?
« Reply #60 on: 29 August 2012, 10:44:03 »
While I agree that it was a ROM/ComGuard operation, it was a rogue ROM operation as it had been set in motion prior to receiving proper approval from the Primus or the First Circuit.

It had only been planned for, not begun.
Mordin Solus: We need a plan to stop them.
John Shepard: We fight or we die. That's the plan.
Ashley Williams: Wow. That's the plan? Is it just me, or did Shepard have better plans before he died?
Urdnot Wrex: Silence! This is the best plan anyone, anywhere has ever had!
Garrus Vakarian: Yes! I AM SO THERE I AM THERE ALREADY!
Tali'Zora vas Normandy: *Facepalm*

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #61 on: 29 August 2012, 11:53:29 »
It had only been planned for, not begun.

By the time Waterly confronted Tiepolo before the First Circuit all the pieces were in place and the assault team was simply awaiting for the final 'go' order.  Your more conspiracy minded might speculate that Waterly assumed the 'go' order was a mere formality, had already issued the order and then was simply protecting herself politically by "asking" for permission.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Stormfury

• Major
  • Death couldn't stop me. How will you?
« Reply #62 on: 29 August 2012, 13:09:05 »
Or, based on the scene in Warrior: Coupe and what the ComStar book says, that the attack plan had been drawn up but had gone no further.
Mordin Solus: We need a plan to stop them.
John Shepard: We fight or we die. That's the plan.
Ashley Williams: Wow. That's the plan? Is it just me, or did Shepard have better plans before he died?
Urdnot Wrex: Silence! This is the best plan anyone, anywhere has ever had!
Garrus Vakarian: Yes! I AM SO THERE I AM THERE ALREADY!
Tali'Zora vas Normandy: *Facepalm*

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #63 on: 29 August 2012, 13:51:44 »
Or, based on the scene in Warrior: Coupe and what the ComStar book says, that the attack plan had been drawn up but had gone no further.

One, the ComStar states that Waterly had started recruiting volunteers 3 weeks prior to the meeting as well as stating that she had readied her troops weeks prior to the meeting which is what allowed her to strike so quickly. Two, what? You actually expected her to tell the First Circuit the truth: "I need for us to approve this attack so I don't get into trouble for launching an unauthorized attack on the capital world of the FedSuns.  An attack, which by the way is already going forward whether you approve it or not so you might as well approve it."?  Three, I did state: "Your more conspiracy minded".  I never stated that I believed it.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
  • Delete this account, please?
« Reply #64 on: 04 September 2012, 16:55:24 »
Off topic, but i lost count the number of emotcons above this text that my daughter pointed out, liking some of them.

On topic: *mumbles something about retcon stuff* Nope, he didn't know (more specific, he didn't have a need-to-know)...
« Last Edit: 04 September 2012, 17:11:13 by pensiveswetness »

Register