Author Topic: Trailers?  (Read 935 times)

Nightgaun7

• Warrant Officer
  • The ends justify the means.
    • Built for War - A BattleTech TRO by fans like you!
Trailers?
« on: 01 July 2014, 22:52:32 »
I'm getting into vee design, and I wanted to make a few trailers. But I've seen conflicting information on what's actually required for them, so I figured I'd ask to see what you guys think is required for a rules-legal home-made trailer.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Re: Trailers?
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2014, 02:13:57 »
Could you be more specific?

Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Nightgaun7

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 02 July 2014, 22:02:28 »
Could you be more specific?

Biggest question is when do they actually need engines?

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #3 on: 02 July 2014, 23:14:39 »
If they are going to use any of their onboard equipment while detached from the tractor, then they have to have a minimum sized (10 rated) engine and a control system.

If they only operate onboard equipment while attached to the tractor, or alternately have no onboard equipment (the basic box on wheels used for cargo), then they don't require a control system or engine.

Hope that helps.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Nightgaun7

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 03 July 2014, 07:49:11 »
Yeah, I just wanted some independent confirmation of my interpretation of the TacOps rules. They seem pretty simple but I've seen some argument on it so better to check first.

Register