Author Topic: A little MW4 Graphical bug... Help please.  (Read 1666 times)

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
A little MW4 Graphical bug... Help please.
« on: 22 November 2014, 21:18:48 »
Alright, so this is a simple little problem I get whenever I try to boot up MW4:Mercs on my computer. This little glitch is annoying, because it won't let me get past the start menu (Being able to select your company, et cetera).

So, it boots up everything just fine, the intro sequence, the little company credits. But it all goes to hell when it gets to the load/start game screen. Here's a link of my problem, in picture form.

To clarify; My computer runs off of Windows 1.8, and is a laptop. I have tried to use MTX, and it did not solve the problem. If you suggest it, I will be dissappointed. I have also tried all compatibility modes.

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
Re: A little MW4 Graphical bug... Help please.
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2014, 22:05:05 »
What graphics card do you have?

I had something similar to this once. I can't remember exactly how I cured it but it was something to do with the graphics settings I'd used.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 22 November 2014, 22:22:41 »
My graphics card is Intel HD Integrated Graphics, apparently.

If that helps. I really hope I don't have to swap to Windows 7, that'll be... Annoying.
« Last Edit: 22 November 2014, 23:35:37 by Caedis_Animus »

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2014, 18:54:20 »
I don't think I can help, sorry. I get that problem when I use my Intel graphics (HD4000) but not on my nVidia card, so I just run the game on the dedicated card.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 24 November 2014, 20:03:35 »
Not sure what the problem could be.  When I installed it on 8.1(I'm assuming you meant 8.1) It hit a snag when i first tried to run it, but right away windows began searching for a solution and quickly downloaded and installed some driver, compatibility program, or whatever it was(this was a year ago).  After it was done I force closed the game before restarting it and everything worked great.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 24 November 2014, 23:33:54 »
Unfortunately, I haven't lucked out that way with this program. In fact, it's acting like there isn't a single issue with it whatsoever. The only thing it does is that it asks me why I closed the program.

jackpot4

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 10 December 2014, 00:50:27 »
You're lucky you got that far, i have the disk and have tried dozens of times to make my computer run it, but nothing i do gets me anywhere. (windows 7)
Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Be the Light in the darkness.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 10 December 2014, 08:26:32 »
I'm considering swapping over to Linux/Ubuntu and trying to run it via Wine. Sounds like it's pretty successful doing it that way.

Register