Author Topic: Classic Battletech at Warzone Houston (Sept 2021)  (Read 5267 times)

DCMS_Geo

• Recruit
Classic Battletech at Warzone Houston (Sept 2021)
« on: 22 June 2021, 10:24:57 »
CGL / Demo Team;

Our local Battletech Gaming Group, Battletech Houston Facebook Group is active and currently has 188 members.  We are hosting two day-long Classic Battletech gaming opportunities on the first day of the three-day convention on Friday September 24th, at the upcoming Warzone Houston gaming convention (www.warzonehouston.com.

The first event will be a fully-hosted narrative event, recreating the the Clan Wolf action against the forces of ComStar during the Battle of Tukayyid.  This day-long game  (10am-5pm) will be hosted by our very active North Houston Battletech Group, utilizing the setup from the recently-released CGL sourcebook, and featuring thematically painted opposing forces, and terrain.  Players are welcome to join in or watch this narrative event.

The second parallel event will be a pick-up and play grinder event, also available to players all day (10am-5pm), providing pre-set, fully-painted forces from the Clan Invasion era; with rules and teaching support provided by our local Battletech community. 

If anyone reading this is interested feel free to reach out to myself via a post reply  (I am the CBT event owner for the convention) and tickets are now on sale at the Warzone Houston web page.

These two events are a go - our question is if CGL/Demo Team is interested in supporting/attending our events?

Thanks,
Jerome Hall

Is CGL interested

FenderSaxbey

• Master Sergeant
Re: Classic Battletech at Warzone Houston (Sept 2021)
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2021, 17:58:55 »
I'm not CGL or Demo team, but sounds well worth a day trip from Austin!