Author Topic: Resolute 60t Marik post-Jihad trooper mech.  (Read 393 times)

Isokrates

• Warrant Officer
  • Dare to love the LGR.
Resolute 60t Marik post-Jihad trooper mech.
« on: 15 February 2024, 05:32:33 »
After the loss of Stewart and the Thunderbolt production line, Irian with its Anzu became the prime manufacturer of the new FWL´s "trooper mech".

Though reliable and versatile, the Anzu remains an ammo equipped extralight engine mech with whatever that means in terms of survivability, production cost and need for  well organized supply lines. Also the design uses an endo steel frame being able to be produced only from orbital production facilities. In constant threat of loosing even cardinal worlds like Stewart due to the proximity to the Wolf Empire and in dire need for a simple, reliable and forgiving mech that can be produced in volume even from simple production lines anywhere in the realm the Resolute was born.

The design is protected, like the Anzu with 178 armor points but on a 60t standard structure frame. The armament is purely energy based making the need for well organized supply lines redundant. 

The heat profile and weapon usage is similar to the Thunderbolt 10M. The primary weapon of the design is a Fusigon Strongtooth heavy PPC, able to threaten any Battlemech on the field. A Fusigon Smarttooth snub nose PPC offers very good accuracy medium and especially close range. Any adversary that seeks to exploit the minimum range disadvantage of the HPPC will have to face a nasty surprise in the form of a Diverse Optics Large VSPL. An ER medium laser complements the weapons package. 26 DHS offer decent heat management capabilities and padding against enemy fire that may puncture 9 tons of heavy ferro fibrous armor.

Use the HPPC and SN PPC at range. Up close you can swap the HPPC for the large VSPL and ERML.

BV is identical to the Anzu.

Code: [Select]
Resolute RST-2M

Mass: 60 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Experimental Tech
Era: Dark Ages
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-F-E
Production Year: 3132
Dry Cost: 6,506,560 C-Bills
Total Cost: 6,506,560 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,528

Chassis: Resolute MkI Standard
Power Plant: Magna 240 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: None
    Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: StarSlab/7 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
    1 Fusigon Strongtooth Heavy PPC
    1 Fusigon Smarttooth Snub-Nose PPC
    1 Diverse Optics Large VSPL
    1 Diverse Optics Sunfire ER Medium Laser
Manufacturer: earthwerks Incorporated
    Primary Factory: Calloway IV
Communications System: Neil 8000
Targeting and Tracking System: RCA Instatrac Mark X

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard                      99 points                6.00
Engine:             Fusion Engine                240                      11.50
    Walking MP: 4
    Running MP: 6
    Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             13(26)                    3.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 2 LT, 2 RT
Gyro:               XL                                                     1.50
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor:              Heavy Ferro-Fibrous          AV - 178                  9.00
    Armor Locations: 1 HD, 6 LT, 1 RT, 4 LA, 5 RA, 2 LL, 2 RL

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     20           26       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  7         
                                           L/R Torso     14           23       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  5         
                                             L/R Arm     10           18       
                                             L/R Leg     14           22       

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Snub-Nose PPC                                RA        10        2         6.00
Large VSPL                                   LA        10        4         9.00
Heavy PPC                                    RT        15        4        10.00
ER Medium Laser                              RT        5         1         1.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 1

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      6    Points: 15
4          3       3       2       0      3     1   Structure:  5
Special Abilities: ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Resolute 60t Marik post-Jihad trooper mech.
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2024, 13:00:11 »
4/6 speed and a max weapon range of 18 is rather limited for a post-3070 trooper...

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2024, 17:50:05 »
4/6 speed and a max weapon range of 18 is rather limited for a post-3070 trooper...

I get what you're saying.  Not entirely sure I agree, but I get it, and I may have a proposal on how to resolve that potential issue.

First, I'm not entirely sure about VSPLs.  I get the utility: same weird range curve as a snubbie PPC, pulse laser to-hit bonuses, but that weight...wow.  My first thought, then, is to swap the VSPL-L for another snubbie PPC, saving three tons.  Congratulations, you've not got the mass for three jump jets!  Yay!

Next up, swap the heavy PPC for an ER PPC.  That frees up another three tons.  Spend one ton increasing your jump to 4 MPs, and you've got two tons.  Throw on a couple PPC capacitors.

"But, Gio," you note, "there are three PPCs."  That's a very good point.  So, OK, drop the second snubbie for a light PPC, which gives you a second weapon from the Anzu parts bin (I'm assuming your new jump jets are from the same bin).  Now you've got a PPC capacitor for the ER PPC, snubbie PPC and light PPC, with two more tons remaining.  No problemo, my dude: two more heat sinks, assuming you have the room.  If not, switch to standard ferro-fibrous armor and add one ton to the armor protection, which still nets you an extra double heat sink.

Net result, you've still got 178 points of armor.  You have a 10-pointer at 23 hexes, a 10-pointer at 15 hexes, a 5-pointer at 18 hexes, a 5-pointer at 12 hexes, and the three PPCs can all be cranked up to 15, 15 and 10 points as needed.  You also share more parts in common with the Anzu, which is a neat side benefit.

Of course, you can skip the capacitors, too, and just mount a second light PPC: then you hit for 10 points at 23 hexes, 20 points at 18 hexes, 30 points at 15 hexes, etc., before factoring in heat management shenanigans, but you've got plenty of options for that, too.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Isokrates

• Warrant Officer
  • Dare to love the LGR.
« Reply #3 on: 19 February 2024, 02:57:12 »

Take a look at the 3145 FWL trooper mech, the Anzu

I get what you're saying.  Not entirely sure I agree, but I get it, and I may have a proposal on how to resolve that potential issue.

First, I'm not entirely sure about VSPLs.  I get the utility: same weird range curve as a snubbie PPC, pulse laser to-hit bonuses, but that weight...wow.  My first thought, then, is to swap the VSPL-L for another snubbie PPC, saving three tons.  Congratulations, you've not got the mass for three jump jets!  Yay!

Next up, swap the heavy PPC for an ER PPC.  That frees up another three tons.  Spend one ton increasing your jump to 4 MPs, and you've got two tons.  Throw on a couple PPC capacitors.

"But, Gio," you note, "there are three PPCs."  That's a very good point.  So, OK, drop the second snubbie for a light PPC, which gives you a second weapon from the Anzu parts bin (I'm assuming your new jump jets are from the same bin).  Now you've got a PPC capacitor for the ER PPC, snubbie PPC and light PPC, with two more tons remaining.  No problemo, my dude: two more heat sinks, assuming you have the room.  If not, switch to standard ferro-fibrous armor and add one ton to the armor protection, which still nets you an extra double heat sink.

Net result, you've still got 178 points of armor.  You have a 10-pointer at 23 hexes, a 10-pointer at 15 hexes, a 5-pointer at 18 hexes, a 5-pointer at 12 hexes, and the three PPCs can all be cranked up to 15, 15 and 10 points as needed.  You also share more parts in common with the Anzu, which is a neat side benefit.

Of course, you can skip the capacitors, too, and just mount a second light PPC: then you hit for 10 points at 23 hexes, 20 points at 18 hexes, 30 points at 15 hexes, etc., before factoring in heat management shenanigans, but you've got plenty of options for that, too.

The L- VSPL is there because of FWL past tendency to install pulse weaponry on many designs.
The design is meant to be simple in its use without gimmick that require finese in their use like capacitors or ultra AC weapons and that could hurt the mech.
Also the mech is meant for novice pilots that could use all the help they can get with accurate weapons.

If range and accuracy is what we need then I would swap the HPPC for an ERPPC and install it in the RA with an A.E.S together with the SN PPC and the ERML.

BV remains pretty much the same

Code: [Select]
Resolute RST-3M

Mass: 60 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Experimental Tech
Era: Dark Ages
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-F-E
Production Year: 3132
Dry Cost: 6,626,880 C-Bills
Total Cost: 6,626,880 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,555

Chassis: Resolute MkI Standard
Power Plant: Magna 240 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: None
    Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: StarSlab/7 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
    1 Fusigon Longtooth ER PPC
    1 Fusigon Smarttooth Snub-Nose PPC
    1 Diverse Optics Large VSPL
    1 Diverse Optics Sunfire ER Medium Laser
Manufacturer: earthwerks Incorporated
    Primary Factory: Calloway IV
Communications System: Neil 8000
Targeting and Tracking System: RCA Instatrac Mark X

Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass 
Internal Structure: Standard                      99 points                6.00
Engine:             Fusion Engine                240                      11.50
    Walking MP: 4
    Running MP: 6
    Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             13(26)                    3.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 2 LT, 1 RT, 1 LA
Gyro:               XL                                                     1.50
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA+LA
Armor:              Heavy Ferro-Fibrous          AV - 178                  9.00
    Armor Locations: 1 HD, 6 LT, 9 RT, 1 LA, 2 LL, 2 RL

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     20           26       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  7         
                                           L/R Torso     14           23       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  5         
                                             L/R Arm     10           18       
                                             L/R Leg     14           22       

Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass 
Snub-Nose PPC                                RA        10        2         6.00
ER Medium Laser                              RA        5         1         1.00
ER PPC                                       RA        15        3         7.00
A.E.S.                                       RA        -         3         2.00
Large VSPL                                   LA        10        4         9.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 0

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      6    Points: 16
4          3       3       1       0      3     1   Structure:  5
Special Abilities: ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 19 February 2024, 07:11:22 »
AES is very nice. I prefer mounting it on both arms, thought.

Anyway, regarding pulse lasers... How about ERPPC, HPPC, 2xMXPL, 16 DHS? No super-accurate weapons, but reasonably easy to handle.

Isokrates

• Warrant Officer
  • Dare to love the LGR.
« Reply #5 on: 19 February 2024, 15:42:15 »
AES is very nice. I prefer mounting it on both arms, thought.
Thanks!.
No tonnage left for a second A.E.S. Besides you have a L-VSPL on that arm. You don´t really need it

Anyway, regarding pulse lasers... How about ERPPC, HPPC, 2xMXPL, 16 DHS? No super-accurate weapons, but reasonably easy to handle.

It would be a good mech. Different weapon envelope, but nice. For more accurate pilots though.

Did a cavalry 5/8 70tonner a while back with ita n HPPC-ERPPC combo