Author Topic: Skye Rangers colors??  (Read 2591 times)

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
Skye Rangers colors??
« on: 08 June 2020, 22:33:12 »
Hello, mechwarriors!
This is Karl, down in the mech bay. I'm about to repaint the unit's mechs for the next mission, but the work order just says "Skye Rangers standard dark red with black arms". But see, there are quite a few different regiments in the Skye Rangers, and each regiment has it's own accent color or colors to set them apart... Now, I could just use whatever ol'paint I got sitting around after the last mission?? Purple, perhaps? Or yellow? I can be creative! But since this mission is important to the Master and, if you warrior types get caught masquerading as the wrong regiment down there then this whole operation is blown (not to mention we are all likely dead at that point...) I figured I'd look into it before we start spraying.
My research at the Camospecs data-site only identifies 3 specific regimental colors: green for the 4th, gold for the 17th, and white for the 22nd... where could I find the colors for the rest of the Skye Rangers regiments??
Alright, thanks for your time, and Peace of Blake be with you.
P.S. tell Acolyte Wilson that if he fuses his ankle actuator trying to dance in his Legacy ONE MORE TIME,  I'm reporting the replacement expenses to the Precentor...

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Skye Rangers colors??
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2020, 23:43:38 »
Short form, most of the rest didn't survive the Succession Wars. The 4th, 17th and 22nd were presumably the ones who survived to the "novels" period - 4th War to Civil War. Although I notice that the 10th made it all the way to the Battle of Coventry before being wiped out. Either way, CSO artists (which are the only ones who can canonise new schemes outside official books/etc) mustn't have been inspired to do the others.

So by all means, go for it - use your own colours. Check www.sarna.net, search for Skye Rangers, and see when which gets whatted!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"