Author Topic: Word of Blake Vs Kingston Rangers.  (Read 4365 times)

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
Word of Blake Vs Kingston Rangers.
« on: 29 October 2011, 18:26:11 »
Victoria
Victoria Commonality, Capellan Confederation
July 23rd, 3081
The Blakists have been routed, but they are still trying to lash out and do what little damage they still can.  A DropShip has slipped past our defenders and a small force is heading straight for our factories.  Your company is the only one in position to intercept.  Be warned that we have detected the tell-tale sign of nuclear weapons in their force.  Smash these monsters in the name of the Chancellor before they can do any damage!

Table Setup
Place a number of buildings on the defender's edge of the table, this represents the outskirts of the Victoria MechWorks facility.

Special Rules
Radiological Alarm! - A number of the Blakist attackers are carrying nuclear weapons, intending to detonate them in the factory.  A Liao unit with an active probe will be able to detect a nuke in range during the the end phase of the turn.  A unit without an active probe needs to spend 2 turns within range of a unit to detect a nuke.

Victory conditions
Score points as follows:

For every nuke detected: 2 points
For every Blakist 'mech destroyed: 4 points
For every Blakist vehicle destroyed: 3 points
For every Blakist infantry unit destroyed: 2 points
For every Nuclear weapon destroyed; +2 points over score for unit type

For every Liao unit destroyed: -6 points
For every nuclear-armed unit that reaches the buildings: -10 points.

Scores:
35+: Decisive victory
20 to 34: Marginal Victory
5 to 19: Draw
-5 to 4; marginal defeat
-5 + : Total defeat.

The Forces are.
                                 Kingston Rangers
Joaquina Paslariu                 Mad Cat     D          2   3
Ayesha Deyrmenjian    Ryoken                Pr   2   4
Jian-Ying Carrizo          BlackKnightBL-12-KNT   3   4
Gothuuera Subhaga            Ostol   OTL-9R   4   5

Asiannique Correeose   Ti Ts'ang   TSG-9C   3   4
Sonya Colrado                   Vulcan   VT-5SR   3   4
Hseuh Monveal           Vulcan   VT-5SR   4   5
Vitasa Varajas        Phoenix Hawk   PXH-5L   3   5

Taheiji King           Vulture                  B   2   3
Hokusai Boyton   Loki                   Pr    3   4
Ararat Bin Fudail   Warhammer WHM-11T   4   5
Anahid Saschihin   Lancelot       LNC25-06   4   5

Word of Blake Mixed unit
Seraph Eminus                                 Badger G
Preta                                                Badger G
Eidolon                                             Demon Heavy guass
Crab CRB-45                                     2 Battle Armor with ppc.
Buccaneer
Grand Crusader GRN-D-04

It seems we are losing light in our little corner of the shop.  So it played havoc with the camera on the evening.
Which resulted in shots being too Bright or too Dark.
Sorry about that.

Turn 1&2

The Wob forces make a bee line for the city. With the two Badgers attempting to sneak down the side.
While the VC troops divide into two forces. The command Lance staying in the city while the other two go out to play with the Wobbies.

The Rangers focus their fire on The Preta and the Demon after discovering it was sporting a Heavy Gauss.
The result is an Immobile Demon. And due to the luck of the Chancellor nearly every shot that hit the Preta and there was far more than should have hit. Went into the Left leg resulting in one knocked over Preta.
The Vulcan also managed to cause a motive crit on the Pegasus that got a little too close to it.
The Wob retailation knocked down one Vulcan while removing the arm of the second one.

A great start for the Liao forces .(IT WAS GREAT TO FINALLY NAIL THAT PRETA AFTER NEARLY 2 YEARS OF IT BEING A TORMENT ON THE TABLE)

Turn 3

The Kingston Rangers show their skills by Nailing the Buccaneer and opening up its torsos.
The Vulcan with the Plasma Rifle goes to play with the Bandits. But has little Effect.
The Ostol goes to cover the far flank just in case those Infantry decided to get out.
The Pegasi are both immobilsed but still on the field throwing out their E-ECM Bubbles.
The Wobs throw back some minor Armour damage on the closer Rangers mechs.
And the all clear is given on the  Preta for no Nukes on board.

Turn 4

The Wobs Drop the Vulcan on the right side of the table thanks to the Seraph Eminus Tbolts.
While the Rangers finish off the Pegasi.
The Badgers drop their Infantry and split up. One attempting to sneak the long way around into the base.
The Warhammer fails to finish the Preta.

Turn 5
A few of the Liao mechs are running hot. And take this turn to attempt to cool by hiding their themselves.
The Wob Crab Suffers the wraith of the others and goes down.
The Ti Sang moves up on the Preta who has managed to stand. But ends up getting knocked down by the Pretas fire.
The Warhammer makes a move on the Demon which has been left behind by its companions. Opening up the side.

Turn 6

With the mechs now cool the Liao force recommit to the fit.
One of the Badgers makes a Drive for the City. The Lokis active probe goes off warning of the impending danger. The Vulture ends its suicide run in a flurry of lasers and missles.
The Buccancer bounces behind the Ostol and manages to open up its back before the Mad Cat removes it.
The Warhammer and TiSang swap places and with the lancelot throw fire at the Seraph Eminus. While kicking the Demon and Preta to death.
The Seraph Eminus hit the Stormcrow again with the Thunderbolts taking more armor.
The Grand Crusader Takes the lions share of fire and which leaves half the mech on the ground and its heat pushing High above the red line. 
The Battle armor attempt to assist their side but too little too late.

Aftermath.
It was here we had to call the game.
The liao side was still fairly solid.

The remaing nukes where on the Seraph Eminus and the other Badger.
And the way the game was favoring the Liao side.
It was concluded that the Crud would be dropped in the next round with the WOB MECH being harrashed by the most forward 3 of the Liao mechs.
While the Vulture & Phawk would attempt to stop the rear badger before it reached the city.
It is highly likely that the Seraph Eminus will survive 2 more rounds thanks to the distraction of the Crud and Other units.
So we'll give the Wob side one Nuke denotation making this game a Draw. In terms of objectives.

On a whole thou the game was the Rangers game. They won Initiative in all bar 2 turns  and fire grouped like no ones business.

txMaddog

• Sergeant
Re: Word of Blake Vs Kingston Rangers.
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2011, 03:13:03 »
Nice battle report!

Where did you get the terrain?
Fan Fund the SC-V-1 "Vampyr" ScavengerMech!!  Why should the combat pilots have all the fun??

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2011, 14:03:12 »
The heroscape (Hex Stuff)
Was purchased from shops and the internet

The Buildings are a mix of the Ral partha Btech Buildings and various other bits we found about the place.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #3 on: 01 November 2011, 11:22:10 »
Oh man, this game was painful.  To see the Preta, Buccaneer and Grand Crusader all get mauled with massive groupings to one location while the rest of each mech was pristine... nearly made me cry.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

sherlox

• Sergeant
  • "You rebel scum...wait, wrong universe"
« Reply #4 on: 01 November 2011, 14:57:15 »
Fun game!  KR brought some nice firepower, but I guess there's something to be said for Blakist hotdrops get their cargo to the target. 

For mine own sanity - the wraith was standing in for the eidolon?  and why was the Vulture, an nice omnimech, picked for a suicide run? 

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #5 on: 01 November 2011, 15:04:12 »
The wraith was indeed standing in for the Eidolon.  And the Vulture didn't make a suicide run, it stopped a Badger from making one.

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #6 on: 03 November 2011, 14:44:59 »
For mine own sanity - the wraith was standing in for the eidolon? 
Yes. Sorry I wasn't on the ball regards that.

why was the Vulture, an nice omnimech, picked for a suicide run? 
As Lorcan has pointed out That was my Writing style. Sorry about that.

sherlox

• Sergeant
  • "You rebel scum...wait, wrong universe"
« Reply #7 on: 03 November 2011, 18:36:34 »
Hahaha, well I guess i could have applied basic grammar to understand the situation better :D

Question - were the blakists allowed to choose their nuke carriers?  Cause i'd've thought the Eidolon, or even more so the wraith standing in for it, would have been terrifying delivery devices.  I mean, a wraith thats trying not to be hit?  good luck even denting it.
And thank you again for using the ti ts'ang - I have a perverse love of that mech for some reason

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #8 on: 04 November 2011, 02:39:46 »
I wrote the scenario and chose the nuke carriers.  I felt if they were in the Eidolon or Preta it'd be too easy for the Blakists.

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #9 on: 04 November 2011, 06:44:21 »
Yeah had the Nukes been in the Preta or the Eidolon  they could have been in the city turn 3 with little the Liao could do to stop them. It wouldn't have been half as entertaining a game.

On the ti ts'ang Front.
Your Welcome.
I'm having a hard time getting used to the Plasma version of it. But it really is a fun mech to play with.