Author Topic: More crack please  (Read 237456 times)

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Re: More crack please
« Reply #1440 on: 12 October 2014, 11:30:40 »
The story will move forward when ilClan comes out.  Which will be after Ben finishes writing it and the art and layout are done and any new rules or equipment or tracks or whatever are playtested.

So it could possibly be said that ilClan will be a kind of beginning as well as an ending?  With the particulars representing the surprise.

Hmmmmm... Just musing.   About crack :)
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #1441 on: 12 October 2014, 11:57:00 »
The story willmove forward when ilClan comes out.  Which will be after Ben finishes writing it and the art and layout are done and any new rules or equipment or tracks or whatever are playtested.

I thought Ben outline it but someone else was writing it ?

To the patient go the spoils

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1442 on: 12 October 2014, 12:08:56 »
I thought he was writing it.  consider my post amended to Ben (or whoever)
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #1443 on: 12 October 2014, 14:05:49 »
I thought the writing was 90% done over 6 months ago. And I seem to recall another statement to the effect of "no ilClan in 2014"
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Gäiten

• Warrant Officer
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #1444 on: 12 October 2014, 14:06:45 »
Does he write or (and) does he direct the writing?

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #1445 on: 12 October 2014, 14:07:06 »
With apologies to Gandalf:

IlClan will not be late!  Nor shall it be early!  It will be published precisely when it is meant to!

:D

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #1446 on: 12 October 2014, 14:29:23 »
Given some of the comments I recall seeing in a gencon thread regarding the diorama, it's late.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1447 on: 12 October 2014, 14:38:26 »
It can't be late, it doesn't have a street date yet.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #1448 on: 12 October 2014, 14:39:19 »
Given features of the last two gencons, it seems pretty clear to me that the current schedule wasn't the original plan, is my point.

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1449 on: 12 October 2014, 14:52:40 »
No plan of action survives contact with the enemy.

gooseman

• CDT Miniatures XO
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #1450 on: 12 October 2014, 15:57:27 »
No plan of action survives contact with the enemy.

"Everything in publishing is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult." In publishing more than anywhere else things do not turn out as we expect. Nearby they do not appear as they did from a distance."

Ben von Clausewitz
Daoshen Liao: Wrong! Xavier! What is best in life?
Xavier McCarron: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

GhostBear

• Minister of Assimilation, TOG Empire
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
« Reply #1451 on: 12 October 2014, 17:35:21 »
Does he write or (and) does he direct the writing?

I am capable of doing both, you know.  :P
Eh.

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #1452 on: 12 October 2014, 17:39:09 »
Uh Oh! Genetic virus heading Gäiten's way.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #1453 on: 12 October 2014, 20:41:16 »
I am capable of doing both, you know.  :P

When you direct/outline do you leave the writer requirements like "gas this loremaster" "ortillery this planet" "have this type of mech step on Cold1's dog"???

I thought the writing was 90% done over 6 months ago. And I seem to recall another statement to the effect of "no ilClan in 2014"

These statements both happened, but we were never given a hard date nor was it ever in Coming Soon.  It got hopes raised for sure, but we were premature in our elation.

To the patient go the spoils

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #1454 on: 12 October 2014, 20:43:44 »
When you direct/outline do you leave the writer requirements like "gas this loremaster" "ortillery this planet" "have this type of mech step on Cold1's dog"???

Actually the Dog was my fault.  Don't ask me how I did it when I'm not even one of the writers, it is a VERY long story.  Mistakes were made.  But it is all in the past.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #1455 on: 12 October 2014, 21:06:28 »
Actually the Dog was my fault.  Don't ask me how I did it when I'm not even one of the writers, it is a VERY long story.  Mistakes were made.  But it is all in the past.
Technically it's quite a ways in the future.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #1456 on: 12 October 2014, 21:08:53 »
Technically it's quite a ways in the future.

When I say "mistakes were made", we're talking about causality breaking mistakes here.  Really screwed the pooch on this one.  Yep.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #1457 on: 12 October 2014, 21:38:24 »
When I say "mistakes were made", we're talking about causality breaking mistakes here.  Really screwed the pooch on this one.  Yep.

When are you going to leave that poor doggie alone?

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #1458 on: 12 October 2014, 22:18:04 »
Apparently he needs to keep causing paradoxes with it via biblically prohibited methodologies.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #1459 on: 12 October 2014, 22:51:32 »
These statements both happened, but we were never given a hard date nor was it ever in Coming Soon.  It got hopes raised for sure, but we were premature in our elation.

Never intended to imply that we were ever given a street date. This does not change my opinion that it is late. We have also never been given a street date to my knowlege, regarding IO or HBHK, but I regard those products as late as well.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #1460 on: 12 October 2014, 22:58:27 »
Apparently he needs to keep causing paradoxes with it via biblically prohibited methodologies.

This is what happens when you attempt to recreate a KF Drive in the real world with only a rudimentary (at best) understanding of physics.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1461 on: 12 October 2014, 23:04:27 »
The products are not "late" . The product is like Gandalf the new stuff showes up at the time it's needed.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #1462 on: 12 October 2014, 23:49:21 »
and that's exactly the stance I take issue with. It clearly wasn't their original plan to make us wait this long for ilClan. That stance makes it sound like this wait was the plan all along, and I have no reason to believe that it is.

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1463 on: 13 October 2014, 00:45:03 »
And that's exactly why CGL don't give release dates for books until they have the book in hand. 

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #1464 on: 13 October 2014, 01:27:43 »
and that's exactly the stance I take issue with. It clearly wasn't their original plan to make us wait this long for ilClan. That stance makes it sound like this wait was the plan all along, and I have no reason to believe that it is.

I'm not certain this was the case. I think fans got caught up with their expectations and assumed a lot...
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #1465 on: 13 October 2014, 02:39:06 »
I'm not certain this was the case. I think fans got caught up with their expectations and assumed a lot...

Here. Straight from the bear's mouth.

It means planning for this diorama started two years ago, and the shift of IlClan made everything suck balls with regards to timing. Oh well; at least the spoiler damage is minimal.  >:D

Let me isolate the most relevant bit

the shift of IlClan

This is not just me imagining something. ilClan shifted and messed up the timing.
« Last Edit: 13 October 2014, 02:46:35 by SteveRestless »

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #1466 on: 13 October 2014, 03:33:53 »
Which does not mean it's late, just that it was moved in the schedule. Not the same thing at all.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #1467 on: 13 October 2014, 04:19:22 »

In both terms of the delivery and the plot.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #1468 on: 13 October 2014, 05:18:28 »

The fans just wanna party!!!   :D  :Jumpy: [cheers] [rockon]

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #1469 on: 13 October 2014, 05:33:29 »
  [copper]
  Thread locked for length.  Please continue discussion of recently-released or upcoming products in the new thread, over here.  ;)
  / [copper]