Author Topic: List of parts by picture  (Read 1710 times)

Hythos

• The Embiggened Man
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
List of parts by picture
« on: 23 August 2018, 00:14:28 »
Has anyone ever created a pictorial list of parts from either IWM, or CAV/bones, or anyone others....
It'd work wonders for kitting and/or making custom designs.
Agent 722
Salt Lake City / Utah
Have 'Mech, will travel.

Luciora

• Major
Re: List of parts by picture
« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2018, 22:58:35 »
It would be a nice endeavor, and IWM does have a few pictures in the scrapyard, but the biggest problem is scale.  Since the parts have no reference to anything else, you don't know if it'll scale properly with your project. 

The best thing to do is just ask here in the forums and any one of the active modders can probably help you out.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2018, 11:31:13 »
I'd say the biggest problem is the massive number of miniatures and parts. Setting up a reference would be a full time job.

Heavyguard

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2018, 11:00:00 »
Aries Games and Minis carries parts and the owner tries to upload pics to his site when he doesnt have it or when IWM doesnt show it online.

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: 01 September 2018, 13:07:36 »
Yep...every time I get new parts in that don't have an image, I get them up right away!

Only exception is actual blistered stuff like mechs, vehicles, aero. Those...I don't open to get pics of. Someone somewhere has a pic, so no sense in trashing a blister to get a pic of it. Besides, those items are few & far between, Archive Daishi and the Koto are 2 off the top of my head.

The Thunderfox however is WELL overdue for a pic. I know Speck was going to post one at some point, but there are a couple of them in the wild as well, painted even, so just ask around.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Register