Author Topic: New and Upcoming Releases Volume XII: Baker's Dozen  (Read 217752 times)

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: New and Upcoming Releases Volume XII: Baker's Dozen
« Reply #480 on: 19 March 2018, 11:43:07 »
The Armored Combat box set has a picture of a painted Griffin, but there is no Griffin in the box; This might confuse some people...I'd hope not, but it might.

They always put that "actual contents of the box may vary from what's depicted" in fine print somewhere.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #481 on: 19 March 2018, 11:45:32 »
The Armored Combat box set has a picture of a painted Griffin, but there is no Griffin in the box; This might confuse some people...I'd hope not, but it might.

a subtle hint to collect them all ;)
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #482 on: 19 March 2018, 11:52:45 »
Except that it's the 5th.     ::)

That's what I get for peering at the unit logo and not the trim.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #483 on: 19 March 2018, 11:56:29 »
Record sheets printed on Fruit Roll-Ups. Pop off each bubble as you take damage, then eat the whole limb/torso when it's blown off.

That would create problems, if you take damage and have to correct because you ate the  wrong location.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #484 on: 19 March 2018, 11:58:26 »
That would create problems, if you take damage and have to correct because you ate the  wrong location.

once you eat the damage off, it's official.  No take backs.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #485 on: 19 March 2018, 12:04:17 »

Are you confused? No? Then don't worry about it.

That's not to say that nobody will be confused. I can guarantee that shortly after the box sets hit shelves, we're going to get some really stupid posts here. But that's just the nature of the beast: someone is always confused. Let me share an anecdote: back when I worked at a comic book/game store, I had a very concerned older lady come up to me and comment that the Warhammer 40,000 boxed set seemed awfully violent for eight-year olds. I agreed with her, and asked her why she was asking. She pointed to the back of the box: "(Smiley Face) 8+." She'd confused the product safety warning with a suggested age. I politely steered her towards some Teen Titans merch.

Record sheets printed on Fruit Roll-Ups. Pop off each bubble as you take damage, then eat the whole limb/torso when it's blown off.

Oh, now you lot are trying to exclude diabetics like me from playing BattleTech. Joke's on you: I'm too good to ever take damage!
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #486 on: 19 March 2018, 12:34:01 »
first off, it doesn’t that I recall. That’s just on the web site article so we can have nice pictures instead of just text.
Secondly, the box has record sheets, AS & pilot cards and standees for the Griffin, so it is represented in there.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #487 on: 19 March 2018, 12:48:40 »
first off, it doesn’t that I recall. That’s just on the web site article so we can have nice pictures instead of just text.
Secondly, the box has record sheets, AS & pilot cards and standees for the Griffin, so it is represented in there.

Oh. *douses torch* Sorry, lads. Next time.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #488 on: 19 March 2018, 13:28:05 »

Hold on, does that mean you are also providing AS cards for all the cardboard represented mechs as well?  Just asking, I have yet to play AS since my TT group is solid but your statement made me wonder.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #489 on: 19 March 2018, 13:40:47 »
Since the spice (information) is now flowing, couple questions:

1) Recordsheets 3150 NTNU: In the same 'someday' bucket as TRO: Golden Century, or a different bucket?

2) Alpha Strike Commanders Edition: There was a rather extensive pile of discussion and math done on re-engineering the point conversion system for Alpha Strike last year to remove some of it's less-than-balanced wrinkles. It started with costing fast units more appropriately, but ultimately touched on a variety of different areas of imbalanced point values. Are they any plans to include any of the 'new' point calculation algorithms in this new version of the AS rules?

On a personal note, I am ecstatic to finally see a book with that Battlemaster art on the front! I'm still wistful about it not being on the front of CM: Davion, but I've been waiting to get a large-format version of that picture for years now! Looking forward to the new box sets and the maps, and a big thumbs-up on the Brush Wars idea as well.

Thanks for the info CGL folks!

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #490 on: 19 March 2018, 14:26:50 »
Hold on, does that mean you are also providing AS cards for all the cardboard represented mechs as well?  Just asking, I have yet to play AS since my TT group is solid but your statement made me wonder.

I believe Ray has stated somewhere that the cardboard represented 'mechs are duplicates of the minis (plus the main box set has Griffin cardboard). So they're more Wolverines, Battlemasters, Catapults, etc, not different units.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

SpudBot

• Corporal
« Reply #491 on: 19 March 2018, 14:28:36 »
once you eat the damage off, it's official.  No take backs.

For some reason, this discussion reminds me of that line in Restaurant at the End of the Universe - 'do people want fire that can be fitted nasally?'

Kudos on the upcoming minis, which look even better than the high quality ones in the 25th anniv. set!   I was a little surprised to see a return to standee cardboard 'mechs, but then again that's how I originally learned to play.

Xtrahmxwohld

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Utinni! A beton nya mombay m'bwa!
« Reply #492 on: 19 March 2018, 14:35:11 »
Whoops, I missed a word,  "Announcement" , should have been in there.
CDT Agent #319

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #493 on: 19 March 2018, 15:29:10 »
1) Recordsheets 3150 NTNU: In the same 'someday' bucket as TRO: Golden Century, or a different bucket?

Same bucket. If it's not on the Coming Releases page, it's not being actively worked on.

2) Alpha Strike Commanders Edition: There was a rather extensive pile of discussion and math done on re-engineering the point conversion system for Alpha Strike last year to remove some of it's less-than-balanced wrinkles. It started with costing fast units more appropriately, but ultimately touched on a variety of different areas of imbalanced point values. Are they any plans to include any of the 'new' point calculation algorithms in this new version of the AS rules?

Going to have to kick this one up to Adrian Gideon. But my guess would be that if those involved in that discussion and math have not been contact by management to use their work in this new volume, it's probably not going to be incorporated without asking.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #494 on: 19 March 2018, 15:50:22 »
I know I'm late to this particular party, but I saw something about Brush Wars getting serialized.  ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!  So long as I get GUERRERO and the Absorption War, I'll be the happiest camper ever.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #495 on: 19 March 2018, 15:54:52 »
Um...guys, "unpainted" doesn't have a hyphen in it.

Dak

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #496 on: 19 March 2018, 16:16:02 »
Um...guys, "unpainted" doesn't have a hyphen in it.

Added for emphasis--making sure a casual reader sees it. :)

Dak

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #497 on: 19 March 2018, 16:18:06 »
Added for emphasis--making sure a casual reader sees it. :)

Dak

UNpainted

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #498 on: 19 March 2018, 16:20:20 »
I do not want my mechs being that UN robin's eggshell blue!
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #499 on: 19 March 2018, 16:22:52 »

Ironically that reading would require the aforementioned hyphen  :))

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #500 on: 19 March 2018, 16:58:41 »
Best thing about this whole announcement?

*Golden Rule
*Eyestorm
*Forever Faithful.
*Rogue Academy

thecybersmily

• Sergeant
« Reply #501 on: 19 March 2018, 18:23:55 »
Are there also plans for new Alpha Strike Lance Packs with some of the new box set mini as well as possible Alpha Strike Star Packs (hint, hint)?

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #502 on: 19 March 2018, 18:52:23 »
Are there also plans for new Alpha Strike Lance Packs with some of the new box set mini as well as possible Alpha Strike Star Packs (hint, hint)?

For the moment they're only available in the boxes. As for any future plastic releases - We're not able to say at this time, but metrics and data from these boxes will be part of that decision.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #503 on: 19 March 2018, 19:05:20 »
For the moment they're only available in the boxes. As for any future plastic releases - We're not able to say at this time, but metrics and data from these boxes will be part of that decision.

I would buy so many if you did... Now if only I represented a majority of buyers...

Hmm... Now I kinda want to paint mechs robin's egg blue.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #504 on: 19 March 2018, 20:28:24 »

Along those lines, will the IWM releases of the new seen continue again once the box sets are out and established?  Love my new Shadow Hawks  :drool: .
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #505 on: 19 March 2018, 20:43:43 »

A great tragedy, and lost opportunity of the BTU is that this was never the color of the Republic of the Sphere.

William J. Pennington

• Lieutenant
« Reply #506 on: 19 March 2018, 23:11:15 »
I would buy so many if you did... Now if only I represented a majority of buyers...

I'm with you. I don't need starting materials, but I like those models. I also would prefer to leave intro boxes in stock for new players. Having existing players eat up the stock of the set to get the miniatures they desire results in intro sets going out of stock, which is annoying for Catalyst.

I'd cheerfully pay the price these higher quality figures call for, sold as a separate box.

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
« Reply #507 on: 19 March 2018, 23:19:03 »
I'm with you. I don't need starting materials, but I like those models. I also would prefer to leave intro boxes in stock for new players. Having existing players eat up the stock of the set to get the miniatures they desire results in intro sets going out of stock, which is annoying for Catalyst.

I'd cheerfully pay the price these higher quality figures call for, sold as a separate box.

No.

Catalyst has said that they will keep these in stock and get more done on a routine basis, so fans who want more should not hold off. More sales = more product. This isn't like last time.
No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #508 on: 19 March 2018, 23:28:23 »
Honestly, I'm going to buy both to excess, should the opportunity present itself.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #509 on: 19 March 2018, 23:45:42 »
Not going to lie, I am strongly considering buying at least two of each
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?