Author Topic: New and Upcoming Releases Volume XII: Baker's Dozen  (Read 217842 times)

sadlerbw

• Captain
Re: New and Upcoming Releases Volume XII: Baker's Dozen
« Reply #960 on: 15 June 2018, 21:19:16 »
Quick question. I’ve been off playing all day at Origins and I’m not sure what stuff f Pls have gotten pictures of. I saw one for the new TW cover, but have there been any of the new t-shirts or dice that I think are new. Also, I saw a small mousepad with a timber wolf on it that I don’t remember. I have pics of the mouse pad and I can get one of the T-shirts and some of the dice if there haven’t been any. I don’t think the hells horses, taurian, or nova cat aluminum dice have been released before, but I could be wrong. Not sure if any other dice were new, but there were a bunch!

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
« Reply #961 on: 15 June 2018, 21:37:47 »
Quick question. I’ve been off playing all day at Origins and I’m not sure what stuff f Pls have gotten pictures of. I saw one for the new TW cover, but have there been any of the new t-shirts or dice that I think are new. Also, I saw a small mousepad with a timber wolf on it that I don’t remember. I have pics of the mouse pad and I can get one of the T-shirts and some of the dice if there haven’t been any. I don’t think the hells horses, taurian, or nova cat aluminum dice have been released before, but I could be wrong. Not sure if any other dice were new, but there were a bunch!

I don't believe we have seen those ones in aluminum before. Nobody has posted photos of shirts or dice yet, or mouse pads.
No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

Dak

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #962 on: 15 June 2018, 22:13:45 »
There are two new t-shirts, one has the Beginner Box Griffin artwork in full color, and there is another 'Athletic Department' shirt for the Capella War College (with a Thunderbolt on the back!) Sorry, no pictures.

Dak

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #963 on: 15 June 2018, 23:16:50 »
Ok, let’s see what I can do. Apologies in advance, as I have had a non-trivial number of old fashioned’s tonight. Also, the black shirt has nothing on the back.

And a couple from IWM since I have no idea of they have pics up on their site or not!

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #964 on: 15 June 2018, 23:23:01 »
Sorry, I didn’t buy the taurian dice. They are sort of metallic bronze with the taurian concordat logo in a dark silver. I found them pretty hard to read so I passed on them. There are also some pretty cool shadowrun aluminum dice that come in their own milled aluminum stick-container with a magnetic top, available in multiple colors. They are not BT, but I bought some as souvenirs for my kids. I can show those in purple if anyone wants to see them. The main difference is that they have sharp corners rather than rounded, compared to the BT aluminum dice, and th cool carrying case.

Also, Cubby, are you at Origins? If so, I’d like to say hi. My name is Bret and I’ll likely be at the alpha strike main events or the grinder tables most of Saturday. If you are here, come by and say Hi! I’ve got the ridiculous mutton chops and soul patch.
« Last Edit: 15 June 2018, 23:37:36 by sadlerbw »

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #965 on: 16 June 2018, 07:46:44 »
Like the new shirt. Hope I can get one that isn't at a convention .
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #966 on: 16 June 2018, 09:16:28 »
I need to throw money at people for dice sets (that aren't the five main Houses)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #967 on: 16 June 2018, 10:30:59 »
New dice sets are normally released at Gencon, so don't expect anything new yet.

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #968 on: 16 June 2018, 19:53:36 »
Ok, so this isn’t exactly new release news...but it kinda is. I played the Alpha Strike feature event today at Origns (which, by the way, was a total blast) and it was recreating a soon-to-be-canon event: The Robinson’s Rangers defending New Avalon from the Wolf’s Dragoon’s! I believe it was Gamma regiment of the dragoon’s we were fighting. As the Rangers, we got our butts kicked repeatedly by the Dragoon’s, and our remnants had to retreat off planet. Apparently, that is likely (but not for sure) going to match what actually happens. So, the outcome could be tweaked, but still...New Avalon is in trouble!

Also, I can confirm that in the Alpha Strike campaign at GenCon, Malvina Hazen will be taking the field...and you can shoot at her. No word yet on whether you can still shoot at her, even if you are also a Falcon. I mean, Ristars have been known to demand trials at inadvisable times, and she DOES seem like she would be an awful boss!

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #969 on: 17 June 2018, 13:27:41 »
Spoke to Randall on Friday about Combat Manuals. They didn't sell well enough, and they're dead.

Saw prototypes of new Boxed Sets and they are awesome. The cardboard standees have the 'Mechs, and leftover room was used for some hexpack-style terrain modifier tokens. Really slick, but I can't remember if they're in the Beginner Box or just the GoAC box.

The Beginner Box isn't going to be a two part box like we've been used to where you lift the lid off. They're going to be side opening sleeve type like the Shadowrun boxes.

According to Brent, the reason we haven't seen any new product is that they're focusing the entire stable of BT authors/developers on moving the storyline forward via fiction. This means that they've got to focus on that and even the smaller products would be a distraction from that effort. There should be new fiction, in Barnes and Noble at least, sometime next year.

That's everything I remember (It was two days ago and I'm tired).
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #970 on: 17 June 2018, 13:51:56 »
Spoke to Randall on Friday about Combat Manuals. They didn't sell well enough, and they're dead.

That's very sad, as those are imo the best products CGL has ever published.

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #971 on: 17 June 2018, 13:56:43 »
Got a few more pics from Origins before I left:

The proofs of the new box sets were there. I know we have seen pictures of the art, but these were real...and I could actually touch them! Didn't get pics of all the contents (booth was still kind of busy), but Brent was kind enough to grab a pic of me with them so I could pretend I had bought them and freak out a couple of my friends:

I also got pics of the new maps for both the World Wide Event this year, and the ones for the new box sets. The actual maps will be front-and-back, but they were shown here with both sides printed on one big sheet of paper.

World wide event:

New box set maps:

Also, I tried to set up an album with all my Origins pics, but I'm not sure if it is shared right. You can try this link and see if it shows you everything with links to the enormous full-size pictures:

https://1drv.ms/a/s!ApDHaN8p702Hgj-9hcYWjEWPj_c2

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #972 on: 17 June 2018, 13:59:44 »
Nice maps. Little disappointed that the new box set isn't going to have the classic Battletech map. But I think I'd rather have all new maps.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #973 on: 17 June 2018, 14:12:58 »
Nice maps. Little disappointed that the new box set isn't going to have the classic Battletech map. But I think I'd rather have all new maps.

Having like, 15* of those maps already, I'm OK with something new

*15 is an exaggeration, but only a minor one.  I've got the basic BT map at least 8 times.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #974 on: 17 June 2018, 14:24:05 »
Nice
Maybe down the road they'll do it in a map pack.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #975 on: 17 June 2018, 14:46:42 »
Having like, 15* of those maps already, I'm OK with something new

*15 is an exaggeration, but only a minor one.  I've got the basic BT map at least 8 times.

I suspect I have 20 or 25 of them.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #976 on: 17 June 2018, 15:24:36 »
Also, Cubby, are you at Origins? If so, I’d like to say hi. My name is Bret and I’ll likely be at the alpha strike main events or the grinder tables most of Saturday. If you are here, come by and say Hi! I’ve got the ridiculous mutton chops and soul patch.

Ah, sorry I couldn't make it out. Kiddo no. 2 arrived early Tuesday morning, so Origins was a no-go for me obviously. I hope to be there next year, definitely try to connect with me! Always good to meet a forum regular.

The cardboard standees have the 'Mechs, and leftover room was used for some hexpack-style terrain modifier tokens. Really slick, but I can't remember if they're in the Beginner Box or just the GoAC box.

Punch-out Mechs are in both. Terrain, I'm not personally sure about. I'll check.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Dak

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #977 on: 17 June 2018, 15:59:18 »
Punch out ‘Mechs and terrain come in both boxes. The terrain is limited in the Beginner Box since the rules only use woods, but several hexes are blanks intended to cover up existing terrain on the maps themselves (to mix things up). The AGoAC box has a bunch of different stuff (levels, woods, water).

Dak

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #978 on: 17 June 2018, 17:12:58 »
Will those WWE maps be available for sale anywhere? In physical format, naturally.

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #979 on: 17 June 2018, 17:37:18 »
Beautiful work on those maps!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #980 on: 17 June 2018, 19:20:44 »
Will those WWE maps be available for sale anywhere? In physical format, naturally.

No. At least that is not the plan. I spoke with Brent about the maps this morning before I drove home. He said Mary had pushed to get some special maps just for the world wide event, and these were the result. They are not producing them in the numbers they would for a general release, just enough to supply the demo team.

However, Brent did mention that he wants to get the image files for the new maps available as free downloads so people can print them on their own if they want. I didn’t think to ask if that meant just the ones in the new box sets or also the world wide event, or something else. Personally, I think that sounds like a cool idea, and I’m guessing we will have more details at GenCon.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #981 on: 17 June 2018, 19:37:57 »
Incredibly cool map and not available for sale. ****** it!

Printing it by myself is not an option. Just not practical, nor would it look good.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #982 on: 17 June 2018, 19:50:24 »
So very awesome. Can't wait for the box sets.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #983 on: 17 June 2018, 20:05:45 »
Incredibly cool map and not available for sale. ****** it!

Printing it by myself is not an option. Just not practical, nor would it look good.

Office Depot/UPS Store plotter? Rates are usually not too over-the-top.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #984 on: 17 June 2018, 20:10:53 »
Office Depot/UPS Store plotter? Rates are usually not too over-the-top.
I don't think we have printing services here. If there are, i have no idea about the rates but i suspect high, Finland isn't a cheap country.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #985 on: 17 June 2018, 20:15:13 »
Print shop prices very from shop to shop. If cost trumps quality, you can always set your home printer to poster mode or recreate the map using Hex Pack or other counters.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #986 on: 17 June 2018, 20:23:34 »
I got only black and white printer (color is not worth it for home printing ever in my experience). If black and white maps were OK to me, i'd just draw them myself. Got one of those playmats with hex grid.

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
    • The Livewire's Battletech Blog
« Reply #987 on: 17 June 2018, 20:48:16 »
Just getting home and going to bed soonish.  Will have some of my own thoughts on my last Origins elsewhere, but let me say:
  • Met Brent Evans, chatted for a bit, feel that the line is in enthusiastic hands. (no, didn't ask about the HG thing, wouldn't be polite.)
  • Boxed set looked excellent, even if the Wolverine is now right handed. :-(
  • Picked up a couple Battletech Pins, Wolverines and House Davion.  Lamented no Confederated Suns or Rim Federation.  Brent politely expressed empathy, even if he likely thought "really?"
  • Am really hoping we have the 2018 event some time in Columbus
  • Add me to the list of those who want the Event maps after the event.
Alamo - When you care enough to send the very best.

And Purifiers *still* suck.

Now doing battletech blogging
https://livewire2112.blogspot.com/search/label/Battletech

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #988 on: 17 June 2018, 22:25:10 »
I got only black and white printer (color is not worth it for home printing ever in my experience). If black and white maps were OK to me, i'd just draw them myself. Got one of those playmats with hex grid.

Catalyst is working on creating new sets of map sheets that WILL be actual purchasable products. Its just the world wide event maps that aren’t planned to be purchasable. There are other maps, beyond what is planned to be in the boxed sets, they they are working on as well. They just weren’t previewing that stuff at Origins. So, you will be able to buy maps, just not necessarily those four. That make you feel any better?

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #989 on: 17 June 2018, 22:31:47 »
Its just the world wide event maps that aren’t planned to be purchasable.
Although I had input in what I was looking for with the maps, the maps were not created by me. So while I have ideas about what I would like to do with the maps after the conclusion of the WWE I can't say what will happen. Those maps are CGL's not the CDT's.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh