Author Topic: The Wars of Reaving  (Read 40156 times)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
The Wars of Reaving
« on: 03 August 2011, 18:58:06 »
This thread is for all issues and problems with The Wars of Reaving.

Product Link: http://bg.battletech.com/?wpsc-product=the-wars-of-reaving

There is no compiled errata for this product at this time.

Please remember to follow the errata report template when reporting issues.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 01 December 2011, 22:25:35 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
Re: The Wars of Reaving
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2011, 21:12:45 »
PDF Initial Release
Page 46, Declaration of Honor

Third paragraph, second sentence: "...Huey..."  Per the style guide, the name of a Combat Vehicle is not supposed to be italicized.

Solution: Unitalicize the word.

Fifth paragraph: "...Ariel Sukorov):..."

Solution: Change to Ariel Suvorov, consistent with usage throughout the rest of the book.

Page 253, Trial of Grievance

Second sentence: "The victorin the match..."  (Underline mine.)

Solution: Should be "victor in".

Page 248, Table

Sheridan has no percentage listed for any clans.

Solution: It should probably be 100% Star Adder, like it was in 3067 and 3085.
« Last Edit: 15 September 2014, 17:30:50 by Xotl »

Orin

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2011, 23:23:18 »
Page 26

Khan Kell of the Wolfs-In-Exile rather than Khan Ward

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #3 on: 04 August 2011, 02:43:11 »
Page 38, section entitled "The Scorpion and the Star League":

"The Light Horse fought valiantly, but ultimately failed against the superiority of the Goliath Scorpion. The light battalion that remained was taken as isorla and, with great fanfare, Khan Suvorov conducted an honorable bondsref ceremony, accepting these Inner Sphere abtakha into our Clan."

Bondsref is a form of ritual suicide designed to escape becoming a bondsman because the shame is too great. Unless Khan Suvorov or the Horsemen were being killed, using the term in that spot makes no sense. I'm honestly not sure which word was intended there, because AFAIK there's no word of the cutting of the bondcords, which I believe in the context is what was trying to be expressed.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Carbon Elasmobranch

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 04 August 2011, 09:42:04 »
Page 206, Expanded ProtoMech Structure and Armor Table lists the legs of 14 and 15 ton ultra quad protos as having 16 structure boxes, but with a maximum armor allocation of 28 points.  14 structure boxes would seem to fit the progression of structure in quad legs and match the maximum armor allocation.

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 04 August 2011, 09:52:43 »
p. 160/161, 163, 165, 168/169, 171.
The TO&Es of all clans save the Bloodspirits misses the percentages (%) in the strength column.
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 04 August 2011, 10:09:08 »
p. 175
Pryde offered a ten year truce between the two Clans and the the worlds of Persistence and Winfield to the Horses.
one of the "the"s could be dropped.  :)

p. 180
In 3080, the Wolves hit Seduits and Harvest;
'Seduits' should be 'Seiduts'.
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

Dread Moores

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 04 August 2011, 11:12:38 »
pg. 166

The Lion rejoined the bandit DropShip a month later

Issue: Judging by the rest of the paragraph describing a Trojan Horse style operation and the fact that the Lion being referred to is a DropShip (and the next paragraph referring to the capture of the Bandit JumpShip), I believe that the Lion rejoined the bandit JumpShip.

Suggestion: Change DropShip to JumpShip.

GhostBear

• Minister of Assimilation, TOG Empire
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
« Reply #8 on: 04 August 2011, 20:24:53 »
Page 26

Khan Kell of the Wolfs-In-Exile rather than Khan Ward

Not errata.
Eh.

Snake Eyes

• Lieutenant
  • I am here to keep the peace
« Reply #9 on: 05 August 2011, 01:07:33 »
Page 203: Nova CEWS:
The cost in C-Bills seems to be messed up (1,1100,000)......is this 1,100,000 or 11,000,000 ???

BlazingSky

• Lieutenant
  • Ah yes, the rabble and their "Medium Mechs"
« Reply #10 on: 05 August 2011, 01:42:15 »
<snip>

According to Era Digest: Golden Century, this could be called either a Trial of Adoption or Absorption, depending on what all of the assets were taken. Not to derail this with discussion, but that may be that either one would fit, since it refers to Phelan Kell being adopted, rather than Absorbed.
I don't post to play nice with everyone. I post to posit my ideas. If this offends you, there's an ignore function.
I knew this day would come! The day of the stapler men has arrived!

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #11 on: 05 August 2011, 04:49:59 »
Page 131, paragraph 5:

"It is akin to the philosophical theorizing by the late Twenty-third century sociologist Dr. Julie Miller. One of her key questions was how modern society would react if a man-made essential such basic electricity had suddenly been removed. At the time it was a thought exercise that spawned much debate in the Hegemony’s academic circles and was even documented on a few colony worlds."

In the late 23rd century, there was no Terran Hegemony; the Terran Alliance was not overthrown until 2316. Given the phrasing "at the time", which would seem to indicate that the debate was contemporaneous with Miller herself, the Hegemony reference would appear to be in error.

Suggested correction: change "Hegemony's" to "Alliance's".

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

BlazingSky

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 05 August 2011, 05:38:49 »
Page 136

"The  Adder  information  was  immediately  shared  with Galaxy Commander Unther cooper,"
Should be changed to
"The  Adder  information  was  immediately  shared  with Galaxy Commander Unther Cooper,"
I don't post to play nice with everyone. I post to posit my ideas. If this offends you, there's an ignore function.

BlazingSky

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 05 August 2011, 06:04:37 »
Another one, this time on page 138,

The line: "only it overwhelmed the Hawk (Column split here) Eye’s  operational  systems"

Should be: "only it overwhelmed the Hawk (Column split here) Eye’s  operational  systems"

rim_pirate

• Corporal
  • Thomas HOGAAAAAAAAAARTH!!!
« Reply #14 on: 05 August 2011, 08:11:56 »
I found a few typos:

pge 160, Military Commands: replace "Calistan" with "Castillian"

pge 167, top right: replace "Oqriq" with "Opriq"

pge 180 third last line in the second paragraph: replace "Beruben" with "Bruben"

pge 181 "... than allies the inevitably": 'the' seems superfluous

pge 193 "... decision to severe ..." imo should be "... decision to sever..."

pge 201 iATM construction rules, first bullet "... built up any ..." imo should be "... build up any ..."

pge 205 Crash-landing: "..., of if the ..." should be "..., or if the ..."

pge 229 opening vignette: "Edwin Rommel" should probably be "Erwin Rommel"

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 05 August 2011, 08:13:46 »
pg. 52, left text column: "The battle outshined the previous naval engagement..."
Issue: Grammar/spelling
Suggested fix: "The battle outshone the previous naval engagement..."

pg. 56, lower left column: "Nyserta, Oberon IV and Paulus Prime..."
Issue: The capital world of the Oberon Confederation was Oberon VI (not IV), though it is admittedly possible that there are several habitable worlds in the Oberon system. Later references on the next page are for Oberon VI.
Suggested fix: "Nyserta, Oberon VI and Paulus Prime..."

pg. 58, "The Scorpion Wanders" textbox, 3rd paragraph: "When the Clans 'small force of three JumpShips was suddenly accosted by an unidentified Peregrine-class WarShip."
Issues: Hyphen wrongly set one space after 'Clans' and directly ahead of 'small'; also, sentence is broken grammar-wise; a half-sentence seems to be missing.
Suggested fix: "The Clans' small force of three JumpShips was suddenly accosted by an unidentified Peregrine-class WarShip."

pg. 59, "The Momentum of Progress" textbox, 3rd paragraph ending: "the last two centuries,    ?"
Issue: Half sentence seems to be missing
Suggested fix: Add missing half-sentence.

pg. 61, "Bandit Caste: Commodus Van Houten" textbox, 2nd paragraph: "A former Clan Burrock warrior caste out in 3041"
Issue: 'caste out' should be 'cast out'
Suggested fix: Replace 'caste' with 'cast'

pg. 68, "Return of Orbital Bombardment" textbox, 4th paragraph: "The Clans hat not utilized the tactic until Turtle Bay during Operation REVIVAL."
Issue: The 1st Somerset Strikers sourcebook establishes as Canon (sidebox, pg. 20 - report to Kanrei Theodore Kurita) that Nicolai Maltus' orbital bombardment of Remus City on the planet Romulus really took place (and a similar incident is mentioned for Quarrel). I was under the impression that the orbital oblitarition of Remus City happened prior to the Turtle Bay massacre.
However, there is one marked difference: Unlike the Jaguars, who deliberately bombarded the civilians of Turtle Bay, the Jade Falcons evacuated the citizens on Quarrel and presumably did the same on Romulus prior to orbital-bombarding the cities. Perhaps this is why Turtle Bay is widely regarded as the first 'proper' case of orbital bombardment.

pg. 69, right column (The Hellion Strikes), 3rd paragraph: Bone Norman
Issue: Previously spelled as "Bone-Norman"
Suggested Fix: Spell with dash

(...still reading. More if I find them.)
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #16 on: 05 August 2011, 11:41:03 »
pg. 52, left text column: "The battle outshined the previous naval engagement..."
Issue: Grammar/spelling
Suggested fix: "The battle outshone the previous naval engagement..."

outshined is fine.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 05 August 2011, 17:50:48 »
pg 85, left column top: "SaKhan Samantha Clees arrived at the Dark Nebula system..."
Issue: The Dark Nebula is not a (single) system; it is a region of space containing a cloud of ionized gas and several white and red dwarf star systems and at least 17 pulsars. See BTW entry: Dark Nebula.
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #18 on: 06 August 2011, 16:54:26 »
Bookmarks:
Founders Future:
The Wolf bookmark is a sub bookmark of the Snow Raven bookmark. It should stand on its own.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 06 August 2011, 19:02:22 »
pg. 102, Raven's Dirge, end of 1st paragraph: "Quatre Bell"
Issue: Misspelling of Quatre Belle
Suggested Fix: Replace with "Quatre Belle"

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: 08 August 2011, 04:11:23 »
A small formatting error on p. 215, Alternate Configuration A

Location, Critical and Mass is displaced by one column for the TAG.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #21 on: 08 August 2011, 12:41:04 »
Possible issue page 83, possibly deliberate misinformation.
Snippet marked "SUCCESS!" is written past-tense covering events from 17 December 3071 to 0435 19 December 3071.  According to apparent date convention used in log records, the entry was made prior to those events - 17123071 seeming to be 17 December 3071.  If this is an error, easy fix is adjusting date tag to 19123071 or 20123071.  If not an error, then that's an "interesting" little incident.   ^-^
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #22 on: 08 August 2011, 23:19:58 »
Looking through the book for the Warships, something is odd with CGS Andromeda.  She was apparently sunk ("gutted") at Huntress July 3072, pp100-101, and does not appear on the list of surviving WarShips on page 160, however does appear and defeat the Mako-class Fuchida on page 128 at Waypoint 531 - in 3073.  Was a different ship supposed to be at Waypoint 531?
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

GhostBear

• Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
« Reply #23 on: 09 August 2011, 07:48:21 »
Looking through the book for the Warships, something is odd with CGS Andromeda.  She was apparently sunk ("gutted") at Huntress July 3072, pp100-101, and does not appear on the list of surviving WarShips on page 160, however does appear and defeat the Mako-class Fuchida on page 128 at Waypoint 531 - in 3073.  Was a different ship supposed to be at Waypoint 531?

Nope, she was repaired to partial functionality and then unleashed at 531. She's one of the unnamed vessels destroyed in the New Kent assault.
Eh.

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: 09 August 2011, 08:55:47 »
p. 113 'Silence of the Falcon'

Nearly half of the Horses’ worlds also went silent, as did several Wolf worlds. The sudden loss of intra-world communications was a complete shock.
Shouldn't this be inter-world communications? The whole paragraph describes the shut-down of the HPG network and affecting the worlds of the respective OZs, not the communication of each specific world.

Merchant Factor Daniel petitioned the Clan leadership to allow the merchants to assist with the Clan’s Trial of Annihilation. The Khans agreed and allowed those Trueborn warriors who wished to join the Clan Watch to pass a Trial of Position.
They allowed trueborn merchants to perform a trial of position. These were washouts, not warriors.

Suggested Solution: [...] and allowed those trueborn washouts/or/trueborn merchants who wished to join [...]
« Last Edit: 09 August 2011, 09:00:03 by Demos »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #25 on: 09 August 2011, 15:06:06 »
Page 201, IATM stat block.

Under the third line.

The player must roll for a targeting lock each turn, even if he achieved a lock in the previous turn. A
separate To-hit Roll is necessary for each individual Streak system being fired.

Should be:

The player must roll for a targeting lock each turn, even if he achieved a lock in the previous turn. A
separate To-hit Roll is necessary for each individual IATM system being fired.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Redjack

• Corporal
  • No relation...
« Reply #26 on: 09 August 2011, 18:03:25 »
Page 25, left column bottom of the page:
Proof that the Diet concept had failed was the exceptionally low turnout for the 3067 Diet; barely 20 representatives arrived from the Inner Sphere, as opposed to the 1,200 in 3061.

Should be:
Proof that the Diet concept had failed was the exceptionally low turnout for the 3067 Diet; barely 20 representatives arrived from the Inner Sphere, as opposed to the 1,200 in 3062.
At the top of the page 24 the Diet is described as taking place "September 3062".

Page 37, first sentence after the "Stalking the Desert" header:
Clan Coyote, still stinging from the censure of their actions against the first Babylon Diet and the audacity of the Goliath Scorpions to hold a second in 3066, looked for ways to accelerate the growth of their touman.

Should probably read"
Clan Coyote, still stinging from the censure of their actions against the first Babylon Diet and the audacity of the Cloud Cobras to hold a second in 3067, looked for ways to accelerate the growth of their touman.
Date change in reference to the prior quoted section on page 25 which described low turnout for the 3067 Diet.

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #27 on: 10 August 2011, 06:57:54 »
PDF release, page 170, last paragraph, last sentence:

Even with the careful application of their forces, the Lions barely scrapped together three Clusters...

That should probably be
Even with the careful application of their forces, the Lions barely scraped together three Clusters...
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: 10 August 2011, 11:56:35 »
p. 237, 'Options'

A player may a maximum of two Options to their track.

Apparently a verb like 'select'/'add' (?) is missing.

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: 12 August 2011, 02:13:52 »
p. 167 / p. 192

At p. 167 Star Captain Freya bring the 'Jaguar' down, at p. 192 it is Star Captain Frey Star Adder.

Solution: Adjust either p. 167 Freya to "Frey" or p. 192 Frey to "Freya".

JAY241

• Recruit
« Reply #30 on: 13 August 2011, 20:23:06 »
p. 101. Coyote's Victoria Ward

The Ward wasn't one of the ships traded to the Coyotes but they do have their own Liberator the Spirit in the Sky.

Jay

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #31 on: 15 August 2011, 08:16:04 »
p. 101. Coyote's Victoria Ward

The Ward wasn't one of the ships traded to the Coyotes but they do have their own Liberator the Spirit in the Sky.

Jay
The correct ship should be the Relentless Pursuit, per Ben.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

St0nY

• Recruit
  • never forget...
« Reply #32 on: 16 August 2011, 08:10:22 »
Page 130, right side, first Sentence: "The Shark SDS made short work of the Courage and the Broken Sea..." missing an "l", should be the Broken Seal
The Grand Council, in arrogance, gave their decree: Blood Spirit, you must conform to the Way of the Clans. You have strayed from the Path; we will lead you back. The flash of the blade, the striking knife, the traitor's stab! On the Path our step is true, while the other Clans falter. We held out our hands, in the spirit of Kerensky's Dream, and our brethren chose to treat the gesture as folly. Isolation's embrace, we forsake all and live for the future.

mbear

• Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #33 on: 17 August 2011, 12:31:35 »
first PDF release, page 103, At the Crossroads, first paragraph, second sentence:

It is oneI hoped...

should be two words
It is one I hoped...

Page 168, Military commands, last sentence before WarShips heading:

...have become the defacto arbiter...

De facto is usually two words.

Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #34 on: 17 August 2011, 12:46:26 »
p129.
Issue: several lines before make it clear that Myers was not in charge of the mission, being dead and Rood taking the saKhan position and charge of the task force.
"Scorpion saKhanKelton Myers was killed in the trial - SK] The united Clan then voted Connor Rood as the new saKhan"
"SaKhan Rood was charged..to take a small task force"
"the Scorpions hesitated before Rood ordered to engage"
is followed by:
"and would end Myer's mission quickly".

Suggestion: "and would end Rood's mission quickly."
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

mbear

• Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #35 on: 19 August 2011, 08:57:55 »
Initial PDF release, page 216:

Osteon OmniMech has incorrect internal structure. The center torso says it has 11 points of IntStruct, according to TechManual Master Table it should have 27 points.

Side torsos have 27, they should be 18.
Be the Loremaster:

mikewoo

• Recruit
« Reply #36 on: 21 August 2011, 03:41:06 »
Initial PDF release
Improved ATM, p.201-202

The iATM systems indicate their Type as M,C,S in the stat box on p.202. However, the text on p.201 indicates they are treated as Streak launchers - either all missiles hit or the weapon doesn't fire, no roll on the Cluster table needed.

Since iATMs aren't rolling on the Cluster table, they shouldn't be marked as Cluster weapons.

Suggested Fix: change Type to M,S in the stat box on p.202

Fusillade, p.199

Damage for this weapon is noted as 6(6) in the stat box on p.199. This weapon is available only to ProtoMechs, so AeroTech Damage is irrelevant. Further, unlike the Improved ATMs this weapon is not treated as a Streak launcher, so the Damage column should reflect use as a Cluster weapon.

Suggested Fix: change Damage to 2/Msl, C5/3 (0) in the stat box on p.199
« Last Edit: 21 August 2011, 11:08:23 by mikewoo »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #37 on: 21 August 2011, 11:49:54 »
Actually, the IATM rolls on the cluster table if it's fired indirectly.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

PucKviruS

• Recruit
« Reply #38 on: 24 August 2011, 10:33:50 »
PDF Initial Release
Page 98, Sinister Depths

The Date listed at the bottom of "Sinister Depths"
—Clan Jade Falcon Loremaster Kael Pershaw, Watch Addendum 30053072

Issue: The date listed above happened before the "Donner Bombing" even took place. In Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents p. 36 - Bombing and Barbarism - Diana Pryde listed among the dead among the Jade Falcon delegation which occurred in 22013073.

In the Third paragraph, second sentence of Sinister Depths references the bombing: "This splinter faction has caused several of the Great Houses many problems of late, including the recent bombing on Arc-Royal that saw the death of a Star of our best warriors."

Solution: Fix the date somehow of the Watch Addendum that it appears after the 22013073 date. Or delete the part that references the bombing (since it didnt occur yet)

« Last Edit: 24 August 2011, 10:44:50 by PucKviruS »

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
  • Fanah’s Fangs (formerly of the Talitha Division)
« Reply #39 on: 26 August 2011, 18:31:25 »
Pg. 158, 2nd column, third paragraph:
Error: "...act in decisive faction."
Corr: "...act in decisive fashion."

Charlie Tango

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm feeling a little sketchy...
« Reply #40 on: 27 August 2011, 01:31:20 »
Initial PDF release

P. 53, column 1, first paragraph under "The Coyote Prowls"

Last sentence reads: "Seeing Khan Andrew’s play for what it truly was—a power grab—Kufahl finally had a target for his Clan’s ambitions and began plotting ways to break the burgeoning Snake Alliance."

Highlighted word has the apostrophe misplaced.

Suggested fix:  Change to  Andrews'

P. 142.  under heading "What of Strana Mechty?"

Second paragaph, third sentence:

"The Society propaganda insisted the Not-Named’s honor was manipulated and sullied by Nicholas, that the
Dhera Dun incident was a grievous Snow Raven error turned back on the purest of Clans."

All previous sources list the location of this incident as Dehra Dun.

Suggested fix.  Change spelling to Dehra Dun
« Last Edit: 28 August 2011, 00:31:16 by Charlie Tango »
"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature.
There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."

-- William S. Burroughs

Werewolf

• Sergeant
  • CWN ANNWN
    • Thomas S. Wolf - Portfolio
« Reply #41 on: 03 September 2011, 08:23:17 »
Initial PDF release.
Rules annex, p.220, right column, Mutagenic Virotherapy, Game Rules, 6th paragraph:

'Slow versions of MW take four weeks..."

should probably read

'Slow versions of MV take four weeks...'
Cpt. Samoth Ze'ev
Unit: CŴN ANNWN, Spectre Company, Command Lance
'Mech: PKP-!A Peacekeeper

hussar

• Private
« Reply #42 on: 15 September 2011, 17:18:51 »
Initial PDF release.
Rules annex, p.215 Cephalus omnimech has incorrect internal structure.
The values written are:
Head 3 
Center Torso 11
R/L Torso 8 
R/L Arm 6
R/L Leg 8
According to the tech manual it should be:
Head 3
Center Torso 8 
R/L Torso 6
R/L Arm 4
R/L Leg 6

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #43 on: 18 October 2011, 16:24:01 »
PDF and Printed versions - Page 134

Third paragraph, first sentence in the small article named Lorenzo's Run.

Factor Lorenzo and the Sharks assisted the Spirit forces in offfloading and repairing their
damaged equipment on Haven for roughly six weeks.

Please correct offfloading to offloading.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
« Reply #44 on: 15 November 2011, 18:05:57 »
Page 237 states,

A player may add Options after battlefield setup but before selecting their objectives and forces.

while page 241 states,

If a player wishes to use additional objectives, they must be selected after setting the battlefield but before selecting options or forces.

These seem contradictory.

GhostBear

• Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
« Reply #45 on: 16 November 2011, 08:29:56 »
Page 237 states,

A player may add Options after battlefield setup but before selecting their objectives and forces.

while page 241 states,

If a player wishes to use additional objectives, they must be selected after setting the battlefield but before selecting options or forces.

These seem contradictory.

Delete "options or" in that sentence on p. 241.
Eh.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #46 on: 26 November 2011, 15:28:14 »
Print edition page 201/201. 

The rules for the iATM on page 201 list the rules level as Experimental.  The Stat block on page 202 lists the level as Advanced.

Suggested fix:  Change one to match the other, presumably the stat block on page 202 should be changed to Experimental.

Page 203. 

In the Nova CEWS rules, the rules level is listed as Experimental.  The Stat block lists the level as Advanced.

Suggested fix:  Change one to match the other, presumably the stat block should be changed to Experimental.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Lord Harlock

• Captain
  • Watching from the Shadows
« Reply #47 on: 02 August 2012, 01:11:59 »
Quote from page 192- ""The Jaguar" Russou Howell"
Born: 3019
Should read "3022".

According to Exodus Road, Trent and Russou Howell were sibkin, so they'd be the same age.

The narrator states on page 49 of Exodus Road in chapter 4 starting on 6 July 3052:
Trent felt a pressure that only a trueborn could experience. He was a Clan
warrior, but he was thirty years old.
« Last Edit: 02 August 2012, 01:13:56 by Lord Harlock »

Alan Grant

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: 10 August 2012, 23:01:52 »
Not sure if this is an error or not.

Page 129. PDF.

The Mist refused all attempts at communication and evaded most of Star Admiral Torie’s attempts to box it in.

Star Admiral Torie, no bloodname?

GhostBear

• Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
« Reply #49 on: 17 August 2012, 13:07:15 »
Not sure if this is an error or not.

Page 129. PDF.

The Mist refused all attempts at communication and evaded most of Star Admiral Torie’s attempts to box it in.

Star Admiral Torie, no bloodname?

Correct. No Bloodname.
Eh.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #50 on: 09 February 2013, 00:12:24 »
Collected Nova CEWS Developer-level Errata:

PAGE 203
The Nova CEWS can be mounted on units with the Null Signature System and/or Chameleon Light Polarization Shield, and does not interfere with either system in any way.
The Nova CEWS generates +2 heat while active.  Units with this system that do not track heat must have enough heat sink capacity to deal with this.
Cost: 1,100,000

PAGE 208
Add the following line to the Nova's BV rules:
"In addition to their defensive battle rating Nova CEWSs add 5 percent of the total BV of all friendly units equipped with the system on the battlefield to each of the units equipped with it (but never more than 35% of the friendly force's BV overall). This effect applies regardless if the units are linked at the beginning of the game or not. There must be at least two friendly units equipped with Nova CEWS for this rule to apply."
« Last Edit: 09 February 2013, 00:13:59 by Xotl »

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #51 on: 07 May 2013, 08:45:18 »
PDF, pg. 84, right column, last paragraph

The Falcons arrived at Evciler on 10 February and, with the CJF Janis Hazen in the vanguard, Alpha, Delta, and Gamma Galaxies all dropped on the planet.

Per pg. 95 of FM: Crusader Clans and pg. 49 of FM: Update, the name of the WarShip in question is spelled Janice Hazen.

Suggested Correction: Correct spelling of WarShip name from Janis Hazen to Janice Hazen.

- Klarg1

BaldDen

• Sergeant
« Reply #52 on: 25 August 2013, 02:28:21 »
PDF
p.162
Military Commands

"Each Galaxy now has at least one Cluster each of BattleMechs,battle armor / ProtoMechs (Striker Clusters), and aerospace. "

But in the roster on p.163 no matches "Striker Clusters", but only "Stalker Cluster"

Solution: replace "Striker" on "Stalker"

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #53 on: 22 September 2014, 12:24:38 »
BV for Sprite listed as 589, should be at 622

Calculated by hand.

Code: [Select]
Defensive BV
65 (total armor) x 2.5 = 162.5
35 (total IS) x 1.5 = 52.5
(162.5 + 52.5) x (1.3 + 0.1) = 301

Offensive BV
(55 x 4) (4 LRM-5s)  (7 x 2) (LRM-5 ammo) = 234
234 x 1.37 (speed factor) = 320.58

320.58 (offensive bv) + 301 (defensive bv) = 621.58, round up to 622
« Last Edit: 22 September 2014, 19:21:43 by GreekFire »
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #54 on: 06 February 2015, 10:22:35 »
Page 247

At the end of the second paragraph under "Trading," add the following: "As an option, GMs may refer to the detailed SP Activity Cost Table: Units chart on p. 246 for a more varied trade experience."

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #55 on: 20 February 2015, 17:51:31 »
Initial PDF release, page 137, "Death of a Kindraa", first two paragraphs

Issue: The first two paragraphs of page 137 describe Jaguar taking the Streaking Mist to Atreus in early 3072, attacking/raiding the Fire Mandrill enclaves and then, as a mysterious plague began spreading, blockading the system and staying in place for several months while raiding Mandrill and Steel Viper enclaves. However, there are no records I can find in Wars of Reaving of the Steel Vipers having any enclaves/presence on Atreus prior to the Absorption of a number of Ice Hellion enclaves by the Steel Viper Alpha Galaxy in September-November 3072 detailed on pages 106-107. The text continues by stating that the Mandrill and Viper enclaves held on until a Steel Viper task force arrived in July 3073. The final paragraph of the "Infestation" section on page 117 mentions that communications from Atreus had stopped "shortly after the turn of the year" (3073). The date of the Jaguar's raiding spree on Atreus of early 3072 doesn't seem to fit with the details on pages 106-107 amd 117.

Solution: Amend the date of the Jaguar's arrival on page 137 to early 3073.

Initial PDF release, page 130, "Vengeance on Vinton", paragraph two, line one.

Issue: at the beginning of the second paragraph, the date of the Clan Coyote invasion of Vinton is given as "late August". However, the remainder of the text on the page relating to the invasion takes place in "January", and the first paragraph in the section also refers to events in "January 3073" and the following page discusses the Diamond Sharks holding out through February and into March. This makes me think that the mention of the invasion beginning in August is in error, as it contradicts the rest of the detail.

Solution: replace "late August" with "late January".
« Last Edit: 20 April 2015, 03:23:30 by BrokenMnemonic »

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

ClanWolverine101

• Corporal
« Reply #56 on: 08 August 2015, 09:31:37 »
Initial PDF release
Page 57 / Page 60

Marialle Raddick should be Marialle Radick

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: 03 September 2015, 03:24:02 »
Initial PDF release, page 55, "Fuel for the Blood Feud"

Issue: the text of the second paragraph on the page states that "Trapped because of the lack of available DropShips, the Seventh Raven Regulars and the Second Raven Garrison Cluster fought hard but were completely destroyed." This is inconsistent with Field Report: Clans and Field Manual: 3085, which list the Seventh Raven Regulars as an active veteran unit deployed inside Delta Galaxy, and Field Report: Clans mentions that two of the three Clusters within Delta Galaxy were actually transfers from Kappa Galaxy - those two look to be the Sixth and Seventh Raven Regulars, based on the unit roster in Field Manual: Updates.

Solution: almost no Snow Raven ground units are name-checked in Wars of Reaving (the two in that paragraph might be the only two, based on the searches I've done) so the mention of the Seventh Raven Regulars being destroyed could be replaced with one of the other Kappa Galaxy units that doesn't appear to have survived the Wars of Reaving - either the Fifteenth or Sixteenth Raven Garrison Cluster.

Xotl: This and any errata above was considered for the PoD re-release; formal errata to come later.
« Last Edit: 17 April 2020, 11:06:08 by Xotl »

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

assaultdoor

• Sergeant
« Reply #58 on: 01 April 2020, 16:46:31 »
Initial? PDF release, page 102, last paragraph of left column

Problem: The text claims that Salonika is seventy light years from Tethis. According to the map on page 227, that is incorrect. Tathis is back with the Clan homeworlds, while Salonika is more than half-way to the Inner Sphere. For that matter, I don't see any systems on the map within 100 light years of Salonika.

The relevant text is between the dashes here:
Two weeks later, in mid-July, the Sharks were still gathered at Salonika. The main Burrock fleet, summoned from Tathis—only seventy light years away—arrived among the Shark convoy, which now numbered seventy-one vessels.

S.gage

• Lieutenant
  • The Nova Cat is a subtle hunter.
« Reply #59 on: 16 April 2020, 22:10:01 »
p. 156
"The Adders arrived on 5 October 3084. ..."

p. 167
"... The Adders sent three Galaxies to the system in 3084 and over the course of two months. ..."

Issue: If the Adders arrived on Haven in October 3084, this means they waited 14 months to "Absorb" Clan Blood Spirit after the civilian resistance encountered by Clans Coyote and Stone Lion (p. 155).

Solution: 1) Do nothing, it is right.
2) Change both dates from 3084. ...3083

S.gage
« Last Edit: 16 April 2020, 22:24:23 by S.gage »
"WHO PUT 6 ARMOR ON THE RIFLEMAN'S HEAD?!?" - Peter S., while marking damage from a PPC, 1994.
"Ich bin Jadefalke!!!! Ich bin MechKrieger!!!!" - German students on their field trip to Leipzig, 1998.
Until the next Clan Invasion or Jihad, Clan Schrödinger's Cat is and is not Annihilated. :)
Early Clan Refit BattleMechs, Novel Clan Golden Century BattleMechs, Early Clan Refit Combat Vehicles, 1st & 2nd Generation Clan OmniMechs.

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #60 on: 31 January 2021, 22:47:35 »
I realize this is now 10 years on, but I just noticed this one as I am re-reading the book...

initial PDF release

p.99, end of first paragraph

error:
"The Osis’ Pride, now somewhat repaired, fully crewed, and under Ice Hellion control, resumed its journey back to the Clan Homeworlds. It arrived at Hector in February 3074."

correction:
"The Osis’ Pride, now somewhat repaired, fully crewed, and under Ice Hellion control, resumed its journey back to the Clan Homeworlds. It arrived at Hector in February 3073."

later sections indicate that Connor Rood and the Osis' Pride reached Hector in early 3073, and 3074 would make no sense:
p.111 "By the end of 3072, the Ice Hellions could muster...saKhan Rood arrived six weeks later with the Osis’ Pride."
p.127 "Ice Hellion Khan Connor Rood’s arrival at Roche in November 3073"
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #61 on: 19 April 2021, 10:32:25 »
p.71

"The Fortieth Hellion Lancers, detached from Alpha Galaxy, struck back against the Falcons at Golandrinas in order to seize the Clan’s new Jupiter facility, critical to the Hellions’ resupply plans."

The Jupiter facility is found on Erewhon, not Golandrinas. Replace "new Jupiter facility" with "industrial facilities".
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #62 on: 19 May 2022, 14:09:46 »
pg. 194

Under Coyote General Bloodnames, one is listed as "Rosanke"

Correct spelling to "Rosanske"

- Klarg1

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #63 on: 31 May 2022, 12:34:36 »
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I didn't see this one in here (and if I missed it, sorry)

Page 237
Tiber
Days to jump point: 6.19 Hours

pretty sure this should be days, since it's the same type of star as Vinton (same page) and it's 6.19 days.  The sarna entry also lists it as days.

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #64 on: 06 July 2022, 14:25:41 »
Page 63 (Bandit Caste: Commodus Van Houten)

Error: This section claims the Prinz Eugen disappeared and was given to Van Houten sometime after January 3072, then immediately claims that Van Houten used the Prinz Eugen in raids during 3071.

Correction: Change the beginning of the Prinz Eugen's raid to 3072, and its permanent reassignment to the Tanis system to 3073.

EDIT:

Page 125

Error: Typo; SLB-32 mislabeled as SLF-32.

Correction: Change SLF-32 to SLB-32.
« Last Edit: 08 July 2022, 15:30:23 by pokefan548 »
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

S.gage

• Lieutenant
  • The Nova Cat is a subtle hunter.
« Reply #65 on: 27 August 2023, 17:02:00 »
Error found in "Scorpion Gambit", Page 125:

Problematic text, p. 125, paragraph 3 -
The battle was brutal. The Viper vessels did their  best to disrupt the Scorpion landing, losing the Ophidian but managed to destroy the Auriga, Serket, and Corona Borealis. The Silver Snake, heavily damaged, shepherded itself and the Viper’s remaining fighters to the far side of Foster’s primary moon.

Issue -
* Early in the section, Clan Goliath Scorpion attempted to relieve their enclave on Foster in March, 3073, but were thwarted by Clan Coyote. When they returned in June, 3073, they faced elements of Clan Steel Viper, and a misunderstanding between the two factions led to accusations of "taint". However, events on Foster ended by the end of p. 124. On p. 125, the Scorpions encountered the Vipers again, this time on Glory.
* The identity of the colony being Glory is supported by the presence of Kindraa Mattila-Carrol, who took part of the Coyote enclave (former Wolf holdings) in response to Clan Wolf's theft of genetic material in early December, 3071 (WoR, p. 82)

Solution - Change the last sentence of the third paragraph to read:
The Silver Snake, heavily damaged, shepherded itself and the Viper’s remaining fighters to the far side of Glory’s primary moon.

S.gage
"WHO PUT 6 ARMOR ON THE RIFLEMAN'S HEAD?!?" - Peter S., while marking damage from a PPC, 1994.
"Ich bin Jadefalke!!!! Ich bin MechKrieger!!!!" - German students on their field trip to Leipzig, 1998.
Until the next Clan Invasion or Jihad, Clan Schrödinger's Cat is and is not Annihilated. :)
Early Clan Refit BattleMechs, Novel Clan Golden Century BattleMechs, Early Clan Refit Combat Vehicles, 1st & 2nd Generation Clan OmniMechs.

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: 23 February 2024, 22:45:51 »
Page 248
Political balance table 3075

based on the text of the sourcebook and previous Balance tables, it looks like Kirin and Tamaron's numbers got flipped. Tamaron is the final redoubt of the Coyotes throughout the book, while Kirin belongs to other Clans (the Horses are attacked on Kirin in 3069, page 36, as an example.)

Register