Author Topic: (Answered) Torso Twist question  (Read 391 times)

Nethog

• Recruit
(Answered) Torso Twist question
« on: 22 January 2024, 08:20:23 »
I am a new player to the Battletech universe and just purchased the Battletech: AGoAC boardgame. Reading the rules for Torso Twists on page 15, it is not clear exactly *when* the torso twist is declared when you are designating the targets for each of a mech's weapons. The RAW do not state that torso twisting must occur before I declare any weapon's targets, so I assume that I can declare some weapon's targets, torso twist, and then declare all of the remaining weapon's targets using the new firing arcs. Is this a correct interpretation of the rules?
« Last Edit: 23 January 2024, 22:09:06 by Hammer »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Torso Twist question
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2024, 08:35:10 »
Torso twisting occurs during the weapons attack phase before any attacks are declared. The torso is then locked in position until the end phase. Note that this does not affect how the mech takes damage
« Last Edit: 22 January 2024, 08:38:17 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Nethog

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2024, 08:56:40 »
Torso twisting occurs during the weapons attack phase before any attacks are declared. The torso is then locked in position until the end phase. Note that this does not affect how the mech takes damage
Thanks Sartris, but the rules on p15 don't seem to explicitly match your feedback: "As part of each Mech's weapon attack declaration, a Mech can rotate its torso one hexside left or right ...".

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #3 on: 22 January 2024, 14:11:26 »
Wording aside, the intent is one twist per turn that is locked in until the end phase.

It’s always good too get fresh perspectives on wording. We will look into clarifying the text. Thanks

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?