Author Topic: Aerospace Multi-Tasker  (Read 1226 times)

Xochi

• Sergeant
  • Three strengths he gave us.
Aerospace Multi-Tasker
« on: 18 January 2019, 16:56:15 »
I wanted to make sure I am interpreting this right.

Multi-tasker (MT) states that you can select up to two targets a round instead of one.
What happens if you do a strafe attack? Is some one with the MT SPA during a strafe able to do it twice?

A strafe is not defined as an AoE, as it doesn't pay the penalty for it like Artillery. It is also not a special ability like IF or SRM where that would only apply on the first shot.

So lets say you had an Avar with 5 DMG and decides to strafe an area of 4 'mechs. Would it roll for each mech twice at quarter damage (Half for strafe, half for MT) or would it select a single 'mech that it could try twice to hit for quarter damage?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Aerospace Multi-Tasker
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2019, 17:00:35 »
Doesn't work with Strafe at all, since you don't select a target.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Xochi

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 18 January 2019, 17:08:33 »
I appreciate it Nckestrel.

Thanks for the clarification, because under some technical rule lawyering it is "You are targeting all units in an area, so they are selected targets."

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 18 January 2019, 17:20:03 »
At some point of you are having to make up rules, just cut it off and say they aren’t meant to work together.
Also, strafing is already cheating. Anybody trying to make it do even more more should be politely told to cut it out. IMO.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Xochi

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 18 January 2019, 17:35:25 »
At some point of you are having to make up rules, just cut it off and say they aren’t meant to work together.
Also, strafing is already cheating. Anybody trying to make it do even more more should be politely told to cut it out. IMO.

Ahh I see you to, hate aerospace as much as me haha.

Register