Author Topic: problem when posting attachments  (Read 1639 times)

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
problem when posting attachments
« on: 16 February 2011, 11:20:46 »
Well, the main problem is that it only allows files of 128K, with a 192K maximum.  I have text files larger than that! 

What I've noticed is that when you try to attach something too big, you have to start the entire message over.  You can't just hit the back button, change your attachment and hit post because nothing happens.  Then when I went back further and tried to reply again, I got some kind of database error.  I had to refresh the page a couple times in order to post a file of the correct size.  Fortunately, I learned long ago from horrible experiences on the CSO forums (Thank you for logging in!  You are not logged in!  Please log in while I erase your post!) to copy any message of significant size before hitting Post. 

deathshadow

• Lieutenant
  • Special Tasks Group
    • Cut Code Down - Minimalist Semantic Markup
Re: problem when posting attachments
« Reply #1 on: 17 February 2011, 02:33:23 »
This is not photobucket, rapidshare, fileserve, megaupload, mediafire or any of the other free file hosting services, this is a forums and we do not have endless petabytes of drive space for hosting files.

Once again I would remind people this is NOT a file hosting service and that attachments may be flushed/destroyed at any time!

Deal with it.
« Last Edit: 17 February 2011, 02:34:56 by deathshadow »
Death will take those who fight alone.
But united we can break a fate once set in stone.

CUTCODEDOWN.COM

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
Re: problem when posting attachments
« Reply #2 on: 17 February 2011, 15:56:09 »
So did that fix the problem with the message not being postable?