Author Topic: 2016-02-07 Once You Go Traitor [Chris Hussey]  (Read 2446 times)

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
2016-02-07 Once You Go Traitor [Chris Hussey]
« on: 07 February 2016, 01:27:08 »
The onslaught forced the warrior back from where he had come, but she knew it would only buy them a few seconds at most.

The twisting maze within the mines of Parakoila have allowed Parakoila Battalion survivors to fight against the Jade Falcon occupation. But could their continued resistance be worth the risk?

[era]CI[/era]

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
Re: 2016-02-07 Once You Go Traitor [Chris Hussey]
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2016, 23:20:17 »
WHOO!  What a story.  :)  Almost the exact opposite of mine, which I really enjoy.  one of the things I -love- about the Battletech universe is there's usually no right or wrong, just different points of view.  This story and "Cold collaboration" are almost two sides of a coin proving that.  :)

Tight story, also shows rule underneath the falcons (while it might seem strange that so many of us picked them, the early FASA products were very much Wolf and Falcon focused.  To be blunt, there's more background data for that very specific era to work with for those Clans)

I really dug this story.  very much felt like a unit that'd spent years on the run, and was warring from within whether to go on or surrender.  Well done.  O0

CungrVanck

• Warrant Officer
  • Inner Sphere Historian
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2016, 16:21:33 »
Any story that has me flipping several source books  (i.e. Clan Jade Falcon and Invading Clans) is a good one.  Makes a short story plug into a far larger one!

Oboe Cop

• Private
« Reply #3 on: 09 March 2016, 22:55:16 »
Wow.

Thanks guys! Really appreciate the feedback! It was a fun story to write as well.

Register