Author Topic: Point defense and arrow IV  (Read 978 times)

DarkJaguar

• Master Sergeant
Point defense and arrow IV
« on: 13 March 2018, 21:02:06 »
Does point defense protect against all arrow IV munitions types (standard, air defense, air to air, homing, cluster)?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Point defense and arrow IV
« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2018, 21:41:04 »
Point Defense says it works against "arrow iv missiles". So the question is what counts as an arrow iv missile.
The bomb alternate munitions and the air defense alternate munitions directly call them arrow iv missiles.
p77  calls the Inferno IV an arrow iv missile, and also calls the standard arrow iv munition "standard arrow missiles". The Thunder entry also calls the standard round a missile, as well as the Thunder round being call a missile.

I think it's a safe inference that all Arrow IV attacks are "arrow iv missiles" and would therefore be affecting by Point Defense on the target unit.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

DarkJaguar

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 13 March 2018, 22:08:28 »
I figured as much, but Xochi thought that a cluster missle flak attack wouldn't count for point defense.

Xochi

• Sergeant
  • Three strengths he gave us.
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2018, 22:21:36 »
I figured as much, but Xochi thought that a cluster missle flak attack wouldn't count for point defense.

As Dj states, the special attack rule for Arillery Flak Attack converts a cluster munition into a flak attack. The way I read it was that this is no longer a missile attack but a flak attack and would be governed under those rules.

Register