Author Topic: Dropship and Small Craft calculator  (Read 5299 times)

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Dropship and Small Craft calculator
« on: 04 May 2018, 15:14:55 »
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JMY8L2hvMQOe3toys8LStw4rkQwZdr7kTXHASCTtOAE/edit?usp=sharing

Go to File and select make a copy to make a uuable version for yourself.

Similar rules to my warship/jumpship/station calculator: green fields are for user input, grey fields are automatic calculations.

The Filter section can filter the options under weapons and equipment. The yes/No cell at the top of the filter is answering the question "do you want the lists filtered" basically. No turns the filter off and lets you look through the whole list. The other choices below that seem somewhat self explanatory. They may or may not be useful to you.

It does not currently calculate C-bill cost or BV2. Frankly, I am too lazy right now to figure out how to get the sheet to autocalculate that, since dropships have the most convoluted BV2 calculations, beating even warships out for that title. I may do it some time in the future.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Re: Dropship and Small Craft calculator
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2018, 15:19:07 »
Oh, and before anyone asks: No, this spreadsheet will never ever work in a different spreadsheet program. Too many formula are different between programs and trying it will just make it break.

You can however use google sheets offline via the chrome browser with a browser extension, by following these instructions: https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2486399,00.asp

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2018, 04:50:46 »
also this is bloody handy!  Question though, like the WarShip one how does one make the TRO workup like thing or designate where the armour's meant to go?  Oh and how to make wing weapons point aft.
« Last Edit: 20 May 2018, 05:54:27 by marauder648 »
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2018, 00:57:00 »
Unlike the warship one, this one was kind of slapped together. I didn't build a TRO workup section for it.

For construction purposes, Aft pointing weapons only really make a difference when calculating BV2 (if at all, I haven't checked)... which this doesn't do. They use the same wing fire control limits as forward facing wing weapons. So, to simplify formula, I just leave them all as just "wing" weapons, and designate the rear facing ones when I can copying things over for presentation.

I attached a .txt document that I use to set up stats on. It's not as easy or fast as the warship sheet's stat blocks, but it hopefully makes your life just a little easier. You can copy paste individual cells from the sheet onto this text document, in the appropriate places. "#" is supposed to be replaced by an amount, "Type" by a name, and at the end of each line is where the mass goes. Most of it should line up pretty easily, but some of it will need adjusting after you copy and paste things. It is fairly easy to adjust the lines to all line up, as I used tab to line them up.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2018, 15:02:40 »
Thank you :) That's immensely handy :)
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 05 July 2018, 09:27:04 »
a couple issues:
IS Gauss Rifle ammo is calculated at 1 shot per ton
Heatsinks are always calculated as if they are doubles, and can give you negative weight.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 05 July 2018, 14:46:39 »
Like the warship sheet, and pretty much all my other ones, I've turned this over to Alsadius. Contact him to see any fixes.

Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 06 July 2018, 08:15:58 »
Like the warship sheet, and pretty much all my other ones, I've turned this over to Alsadius. Contact him to see any fixes.

I'm aware of this thread, and will work on it when I have a chance. (I should maybe make that post before you feel the need to jump in next time)

Register