Author Topic: 2018 Fan Funding Suggestion Thread  (Read 28878 times)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
Re: 2018 Fan Funding Suggestion Thread
« Reply #120 on: 16 October 2018, 10:33:30 »
Most of the reasons I've seen range from "they never choose what I want" to "the official board sucks, is full of elitists and they banned me cuz I didn't toe a party line"  the second is especially funny because usually those people have very strong opinions of their own in discussions and usually end up killing any they are in.

i guess if someone can't hold their nose long enough to post in one thread and then vote in a poll, kick rocks?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #121 on: 16 October 2018, 12:04:23 »
"the official board sucks, is full of elitists and they banned me cuz I didn't toe a party line"  the second is especially funny because usually those people have very strong opinions of their own in discussions and usually end up killing any they are in.

I've found that 99% of he time, anyone who says stuff like that is really someone who thinks that attacking the sexual orientation of someone they disagree with is the height of intellectual argument.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #122 on: 16 October 2018, 12:29:09 »
Alright, folks, break it up and obey the rules here.

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #123 on: 16 October 2018, 16:43:03 »
Ursa URA-2A
Kuma

EDIT: Oh, missed the post from Speck. >_<

Nooo0000oooOOOoO! My Kuma-bro, you could have saved our pick from being a one-voter! Together we could have saved the poor mech from a lifetime of confusion thanks to weird art that doesn't match the stats of any variant!

...Next time, friend...next time.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #124 on: 20 October 2018, 08:00:21 »
I will have the poll thread created this week.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #125 on: 21 October 2018, 16:42:57 »
So how does the poll thread then work?   The top suggestions from this one are voted on again?
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #126 on: 23 October 2018, 15:37:04 »
Generally, yes. The way it worked last time (which could always change) was that the top few requests which had the most votes were added to a poll. Then, everyone was allowed two votes, and voted for which two they wanted the most. When it was over, IWM ended up making the two units that got the most votes.

I would assume it will be a similar format this time around, but no idea if we will still get two votes and the top two will get made, or if the numbers will be different. We should find out soon!

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #127 on: 23 October 2018, 15:57:07 »
Generally, yes. The way it worked last time (which could always change) was that the top few requests which had the most votes were added to a poll. Then, everyone was allowed two votes, and voted for which two they wanted the most. When it was over, IWM ended up making the two units that got the most votes.

I would assume it will be a similar format this time around, but no idea if we will still get two votes and the top two will get made, or if the numbers will be different. We should find out soon!

Got side tracked on Sunday and then the week started. I will have up this week.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #128 on: 27 October 2018, 10:27:04 »
Poll Threads have been created, so I am locking this thread.