Author Topic: Surface of Warship or Spacestation  (Read 1921 times)

Jonathan Cyr

• Recruit
    • Baron Munchhausen's Home for Retired Adventurers
Surface of Warship or Spacestation
« on: 03 January 2019, 11:46:08 »
Has anyone ever made the surface of a warship or a recharge station as terrain? The images I see of warships make the surfaces look pretty 'smooth' but maybe if one got up closer we'd see more textures from weapon ports, heatsinks, conduits, etc.? 

I'd love to hear or see what others have done with this.
"When I was 16, I drove a J-27 ordinance vehicle behind enemy lines, looking for units in need. We found units alright! Luckily they were just as low on ammo as our side." - SFC Oleg Berkovsky

"Don't let her size fool you. She can kick the balls off a bull in zero-G." - Capt. Rachel Emmons referring to Trini Bez.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Surface of Warship or Spacestation
« Reply #1 on: 03 January 2019, 12:55:21 »
I want to say there had been a spaceship that used magnets to hold the mechs in the hexes.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2019, 13:25:23 »
At Bubonicon 23, a guy nicknamed "Sarge" brought a 1/286 scale model of a York destroyer/carrier on a car trailer and had an aerospace fighter battle (using pre-drilled peg holes for the fighters stands to be jabbed into.)
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #3 on: 03 January 2019, 18:21:42 »
At Bubonicon 23, a guy nicknamed "Sarge" brought a 1/286 scale model of a York destroyer/carrier on a car trailer and had an aerospace fighter battle (using pre-drilled peg holes for the fighters stands to be jabbed into.)

We have a tiny, old pic of it that doesn't do it justice.

Jonathan Cyr

• Recruit
    • Baron Munchhausen's Home for Retired Adventurers
« Reply #4 on: 04 January 2019, 18:12:11 »
That warship is amazing. Lots of work. Thank you for sharing that.
"When I was 16, I drove a J-27 ordinance vehicle behind enemy lines, looking for units in need. We found units alright! Luckily they were just as low on ammo as our side." - SFC Oleg Berkovsky

"Don't let her size fool you. She can kick the balls off a bull in zero-G." - Capt. Rachel Emmons referring to Trini Bez.

Register