Author Topic: Resolving damage on battle armor  (Read 1372 times)

drdaniel5

• Recruit
Resolving damage on battle armor
« on: 04 March 2019, 00:47:24 »
So.maybe I'm blind, but I'm reading the rules and I can't figure out if there's any extra rules in regards to damaging battle armor.

The card for a clan elemental unit shows it has 5 bases ( or does "squad" mean how many models in a base?) but only 2 armor and 2 internal damage pips. So does each base have that much health or just the unit? How do you determine what base got hit?
« Last Edit: 04 March 2019, 00:49:23 by drdaniel5 »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Resolving damage on battle armor
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2019, 01:23:35 »
There are no separate bases for Battle Armor in AS.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

drdaniel5

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2019, 12:30:55 »
There are no separate bases for Battle Armor in AS.

What do you mean by this? Is the unit card represented on the table by one base of elementals? So if I wanted a whole star I would need 5 cards to track them?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2019, 12:40:42 »
AS does not track individual suits of battle armor. An AS unit of battle armor is the full squad, the armor, structure, damage are for the full squad.
IE. the fact that it's four, five or six suits of armor is purely fluff in AS.  it's one unit.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 04 March 2019, 12:45:19 »
If the AS card says it has 2 armor and 2 structure for a 5 man squad, all 5 troopers together register as 2 armor/2 structure.

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2019, 08:14:33 »
If the AS card says it has 2 armor and 2 structure for a 5 man squad, all 5 troopers together register as 2 armor/2 structure.

Which is to say, as soon as that 5 man group of battle armor is dealt four damage, the whole unit is eliminated. 
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Xochi

• Sergeant
  • Three strengths he gave us.
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2019, 10:34:04 »
There is however a special damage rule for them. They do not track heat, so they take automatic damage for any point of heat applied, ontop of any rolled damage.

So if you do 2 dmg, 2 heat, they are quite dead.