Author Topic: battletaxi nl-42 question  (Read 1096 times)

nroe03742

• Master Sergeant
battletaxi nl-42 question
« on: 18 March 2019, 08:46:18 »
hey everyone according to the wiki this design is supposed to have a naval tug adaptor but when I open it and look it doesn't have one and when I try to add one it goes over the weight limit I was wondering if there was something wrong with the original file that I got with the 0.45.3 update. I have attached the file in question.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Re: battletaxi nl-42 question
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2019, 09:30:55 »
Data entry while correct is incorrect. The wording should be like a naval tug, keyword like.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2019, 14:56:33 »
hey everyone according to the wiki this design is supposed to have a naval tug adaptor but when I open it and look it doesn't have one and when I try to add one it goes over the weight limit I was wondering if there was something wrong with the original file that I got with the 0.45.3 update. I have attached the file in question.

The files in MegaMek are made according to Record sheet or TRO entry.  The fluff is just fluff, and the fluff in this case isn't like a naval tug adapter.

The NL-42 is equipped with a pair of electromagnetic grapples attached to 50-meter tow lines. These allow the NL-42 to attach itself to any vessel, although the NL-42 must match the target’s heading and velocity first. Once the grapples have attached to the target, the transport reels in the towline, drawing itself closer to its target. The power-armored troops can then jump onto the target’s hull, using magnetic boots to walk to the nearest hatch or cutting tools to create their own entry point.

-versus-

the basic premise and engineering of today’s space tugs have barely varied. The reinforced structure and mating clamps used in the early twenty-first century designs are much the same as those used on salvage vessels like the Model 97 Octopus.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

nroe03742

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2019, 18:22:49 »
I am basing my info off of the following website that I was referred to as one of if not the best listing of battletech information sites http://www.sarna.net/wiki/NL-42_%22Battle_Taxi%22 please see the description and tell me if I am mistaken that it says that it uses a naval tug adaptor

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #4 on: 18 March 2019, 19:15:53 »
Sarna is a fan based wiki, and while its an amazing tool they can't directly quote the books.  So the actual TRO entries will always take precedence.  I suspect when the entry was edited into Sarna the writer choose to use the term "Tug Adaptor" but that is incorrect.

My quotes are from the TRO and the rules in Tactical Operations.  There is a big difference in the descriptions of the equipment. 

You won't be able to build it with a Tug Adaptor and keep it legal without making a whole new version.

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

nroe03742

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2019, 05:31:30 »
thanks for that info I apologize if I caused any offense with my mistaken informed opinion I will take it into account as I go forward.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2019, 10:31:32 »
thanks for that info I apologize if I caused any offense with my mistaken informed opinion I will take it into account as I go forward.

No offense taken.  All good.  :beer:
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Register