Author Topic: Revealing Hidden Units  (Read 1594 times)

jdragon

• Recruit
Revealing Hidden Units
« on: 09 November 2016, 23:25:41 »
All,

I'm looking for the thoughts of the community on how the Hidden Unit rules work.  I have already posted the question in the rules thread, though I'm not sure I'm going to get an answer before my game on Friday. So I'm here to see what the masses think.

My question focuses on when a mech has to be revealed as the rules are a bit odd to me.

What I know...
If I want to move I must reveal/place the unit on the board at the beginning of the movement phase.

If a unit is discovered during the movement phase it gets revealed/placed on the map immediately and gets to attack.  It however does not get to move during the Movement Phase nor attack again during the Weapons Fire Phase.

My question...
I have a hidden unit that I don't want to move so I don't reveal it at the beginning of the Movement Phase.  Said hidden unit is not discovered during the movement phase but wants to shoot during the Weapons Attack Phase because an enemy unit has moved in to a good spot to get shot in the back.

So based on my reading of the rules from the second paragraph of the Hidden Units rules on page 259 of TW, I could reveal/place my unit at the beginning of the Weapon Attack phase and get to shoot at some point.

Please let me know what you think.  I realize this will not be an official answer and I'm fine with that.

Thanks for reading this and your thoughts.

Register