Author Topic: 23rd Herron Regiment  (Read 1544 times)

pserrat

• Sergeant
23rd Herron Regiment
« on: 04 June 2019, 14:22:37 »
In the Cranston Snord's Irregulars, a unit known to work for House Marik and called "23rd Herron Regiment" attacks Hyde, but it is beaten by the Cranston Snord's Irregulars and surrenders.

The unit is sent to have full support.

I've found no other information on this unit, and I'm not even sure it is a Marik Line unit or Mercenary. Also, its composition is unknown... they are classified as Regiment but... even with Cranston Snord's Irregulars being very good, they could never beat a unit that big.

Chinless

• Modicis Amice
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
Re: 23rd Herron Regiment
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2019, 06:34:36 »
In the Cranston Snord's Irregulars, a unit known to work for House Marik and called "23rd Herron Regiment" attacks Hyde, but it is beaten by the Cranston Snord's Irregulars and surrenders.

The unit is sent to have full support.

I've found no other information on this unit, and I'm not even sure it is a Marik Line unit or Mercenary. Also, its composition is unknown... they are classified as Regiment but... even with Cranston Snord's Irregulars being very good, they could never beat a unit that big.

I'm not certain what the question is here, but I assume its how the Irregulars beat the 23rd Herron if they were a regiment.

There is very little canon info to go on, as the only references to the 23rd Herron are in Cranston Snord's Irregulars p6. Now it does say a couple of things of interest - "Units of the 23rd Herron Regiment eventually landed on Hyde with full support," and that it was only a 'raid'. You wouldn't go raiding a single target - the purification plant - with a full regiment unless you knew it was heavily defended; planets have been taken with less.

More importantly it states 'Units of the 23rd Herron', which means it wasn't the full regiment that raided Hyde. I'd guess it was probably a company of 'Mechs plus support.

Hope that helps,

Chris

pserrat

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2019, 06:50:22 »
I was trying to understand which Line Unit was this one... as there is no more mention of it.
I was trying to know if the unit was Mercenary or Line Unit, and then know the type of unit (size and things like this)

Chinless

• Modicis Amice
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2019, 07:33:12 »
I was trying to understand which Line Unit was this one... as there is no more mention of it.
I was trying to know if the unit was Mercenary or Line Unit, and then know the type of unit (size and things like this)

Unknown - there are no other canon mentions of the 23rd Herron.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Register