Author Topic: Command Lance Clarification  (Read 1189 times)

Gian

• Private
  • From Sunny Cebu
Command Lance Clarification
« on: 13 February 2024, 14:49:47 »
Hello, I want to clarify a rule in the Command Lance formation, ASCE page 120.

"Prior to the beginning of play, half of the units in this formation (round up) receive one of the following Special Pilot Abilities for free (each unit may receive a different SPA): Antagonizer, Blood Stalker, Combat Intuition, Eagle’s Eyes, Marksman, or Multi-Tasker"

The way I interpret this is: each of these units should have a different SPA. Meaning, you can't have 2 units with Combat Intuition, for example.

But some of our players think otherwise---that you can assign the same SPA to another unit. For example, you can assign 2 units with Combat Intuition.

Which interpretation is correct? I'm especially concerned about 2 units (or 3 if it's a Clan Star) with Combat Intuition because that would make this lance extremely powerful. Especially if there are bonuses to Initiative.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
How's my PPC?

CarcosanDawn

• Corporal
Re: Command Lance Clarification
« Reply #1 on: 13 February 2024, 14:59:24 »
It says they *may* receive a different SPA, not *must*. And I have not found the Command Lance that powerful - if you asked me what the most powerful lance type was, by far I would say the Battle Lance. Having 7 rerolls on clanners is way good at spitting damage, rather than having a couple go first.

Of course, I think if your opponent didn't know you had selected Combat Intuition and was surprised by it, it could be very bad, but the same thing goes for any rule it seems. :/