Author Topic: Regulans Vs HOGARTH!!  (Read 4237 times)

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
Regulans Vs HOGARTH!!
« on: 07 March 2011, 11:05:12 »
While making the push through the Free Worlds League  THOMAS HOGARTHS!! Forces came across some Regulan troopers and his brilliant mind immediately tagged them as enemy WOB units. Left with no other course of action he took his forces into the field to put an end to their reign of terror.

Lorcan's Regulans are normally not quite such good shots. But he upped their skills to match HOGARTHS BV.
It gave him a 16 units to my 12. His a mix of weights. Mine heavies and assaults.
He won choice of sides and opted for a lenghtways game as it gave his guns a slight range advantage.

The First few turns consisted of Hogarth closing while the Regulans held their position.
A bit of fire exchanged caused an Archer to get nervous and back away. And a Trebuchet to loose an arm.

Turn 4
This saw the first of a mental moment as a Ostol charged one Flank all by itself. It did a fair bit of damage to a T-Bolt but paid for it by being knocked down with major leg damage.

Hogarths Warhammer attempted its own solo run. And got away a little lighter than the Ostol when the Light lance attempted to mug it.
Main focus of the Regulan fire so far has been the Goliath who has managed to take most of the hits upon it.

Turn 5
The Ostol is removed from Play by combined fire of the Ceasar and Archer.
The Trebuchet detonates.
And the Fafnir joins the Goliath on the hitlist as they pour fire into it.

Turn 6
The Warhammer jumps away to cool after the spectacular mess it made last turn trying to hit the enemy.
The Regulan Recon follow it using the woods as cover.
The Marauder become target of Hogarths forces on the city side.
While the Goliath and Fafnir attempt to use the trees to keep some fire off themselves. Under Hogarths orders they begin firing upon the GrandTitan  in an attempt to force it from its hiding spot.
The Pillager attempts to scare off the Stinger that lands on front of him.

Turn 7
The Archer and Marauder both go where ever bad Regulans go when they die.
In Return a floating crit from the Battlemaster sends a Pristine Ceaser to the scrapheap with a hit on the heavy Gauss.
Hogarths Archer managed to breach the center torso on the flanking Spider and scores 3 engine hits taking it out.
The Goliaths and Fafnirs Gauss go up the hard way and both go down hard.
The Fafnir even has time for a little nap.

Turn 8
HOGARTHS forces attempt to push to keep fire off the downed units.
The mechs on the city side harass the Battlemaster.
While the Warhammer and Archer throw in support fire.
The pillager manages to remove the pest of a Stinger finally. While the T-bolt welcomes the Shadowhawk to the game.
The Madauder II tears chunks off the Rifleman.

The Regulan command lance all focus fire on HOGARTH! A smattering of head hits later and the Atlas lies headless.
The Lyran troopers rejoice as this now means they have a chance of surviving this mission.

We finished up there.
The Mariks had their command lance, A Battlemaster and a Stinger still left operational.

Hogarth had
a lance of heavy's with plenty of fight in them.
2 assaults and a Mad II with a slight issue over the Heavy Gauss.

It was too close to call. But we game the Regulans the Win since they managed to kill THOMAS HOGARTH!!

I Blame this on my second in command who seconds after the line.
"Command lance on Hogarth!!
Says
"It'd Be funny if they managed to kill him."

He has promptly been given a hero's welcome where ever he goes by Lryan troopers.

It was also nice to do more moving than the enemy forces. :)

Freak

• Sergeant
Re: Regulans Vs HOGARTH!!
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2011, 18:46:06 »
Hogarth is dead! Holy **** or will he just come back in Bionic form?????
The only guarantee in life is that it ends.

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2011, 03:40:46 »
Five head shots in quick succession will give anyone a bad day.
But

THOMAS HOGARTH isnt dead, hes frozen! Have any of you ever had the Boy misplace your favourite hunting Rifle? Okay, multiply that by 150,000,000 and thats how mad the HOGARTH!! is gonna be whenever he wakes up and finds out whats happening in the Commonwealth today.

Fallen_Raven

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2011, 03:47:25 »
Five head shots in quick succession will give anyone a bad day.
But

THOMAS HOGARTH isnt dead, hes frozen! Have any of you ever had the Boy misplace your favourite hunting Rifle? Okay, multiply that by 150,000,000 and thats how mad the HOGARTH!! is gonna be whenever he wakes up and finds out whats happening in the Commonwealth today.

And we're gonna get HOGARTH!!, Hanse Davion, and Takashi Kurita, and jump on down to Terra...  :D
Subtlety is for those who lack a bigger gun.

The Battletech Forums: The best friends you'll ever fire high-powered weaponry at.-JadeHellbringer

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #4 on: 08 March 2011, 07:02:06 »
Man, this game was a lot of fun.  Killing HOGARTH! has been the holy grail of our group since Mark put this Lyran company together (somehow, he's only lost 2 or 3 games out of 10+ using the unit).  The fight was a hard one, the Lyran Wall of steel is bloody difficult to put down, especially when you're using mostly 3025 and 3050 tech.  I didn't realise that I was going to be fighting HOGARTH!, if I had, I likely would have brought another lance of 'mechs and downgraded all the gunners to vets!

all in all, a satisfying evening though.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #5 on: 09 March 2011, 03:51:56 »
THOMAS HOGARTH!! Will return.
Tonight no less.

Kieth has something to attempt now as well.

Generally the Games I've lost have been against Your Stupid Wob forces.
Is WoB Hogarths Kryptonite?

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #6 on: 09 March 2011, 04:29:58 »
You have to do that in a Bond style - THOMAS HOGARTH! will return in "have the boy lay out my formal uniform"
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #7 on: 09 March 2011, 05:33:34 »
You have to do that in a Bond style - THOMAS HOGARTH! will return in "have the boy lay out my formal uniform"
By "Boy" I mean you Kieth.

Dahtac

• Private
« Reply #8 on: 09 March 2011, 08:41:12 »
 My vipers shall be kicking your ass later...or so says the dragonfly pilot anyway...bit of a slow lad that

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #9 on: 10 March 2011, 18:25:06 »
My vipers shall be kicking your ass later...or so says the dragonfly pilot anyway...bit of a slow lad that

Would he like these words with some Ketchup?

Oh wait he can't cause Mr. HOGARTH sent his ass to Clanner Heaven.

Register