Author Topic: Combat Wombat Unit  (Read 16068 times)

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
Re: Combat Wombat Unit
« Reply #30 on: 03 October 2012, 10:49:31 »
That was the Wobbly Wombat.

This unit is the anti-wobbly Wombat. The other Her got her Grim Reaper blowed up real good!
If you are waiting for me to go out of my mind you will have to wait. The exits are not clearly marked and the doors open the wrong way. Oh, and the doors are trapped!

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #31 on: 03 October 2012, 15:24:24 »
so, what's everyone's oppinion on 'Combat Wombat' themed avatars and/or faction banners?
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #32 on: 03 October 2012, 15:54:30 »
OK, here is the lance insignia that is on the lower front left leg and both shoulders for you guys to comment upon.

position in the paws lances is denoted by a small 1,2,3,4 of B as a supuerscript after the lance number

position in the nubby tail is denoted by a B, A1, A2, or A3 above the tail.
If you are waiting for me to go out of my mind you will have to wait. The exits are not clearly marked and the doors open the wrong way. Oh, and the doors are trapped!

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #33 on: 03 October 2012, 15:55:45 »
Here is the three other paws.

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #34 on: 03 October 2012, 16:22:33 »
Here is the lance insignias of all of the 'Mechs of the First Paw and the Nubby Tail

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pimpin' Mopar Goodness since the Dawn of Time
« Reply #35 on: 04 October 2012, 12:50:56 »
Love the insignia  ;D

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #36 on: 04 October 2012, 16:09:17 »
I think this should be renamed:

Backside
Nubby Tail - Boss - AV1-O Avatar - WOMBAT (The Avatar of Destruction)
Right Cheek - ANV-5CW Anvil - Achoo (Gesundheit)
Left Cheek - ANV-5M Anvil
Orifice of Flaming Destruction - ANV-5M Anvil

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #37 on: 04 October 2012, 18:24:13 »
but most all of our mechs have an orifice of flaming destruction Heck, mine has two

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #38 on: 05 October 2012, 11:09:24 »
I think this should be renamed:

Backside
Nubby Tail - Boss - AV1-O Avatar - WOMBAT (The Avatar of Destruction)
Right Cheek - ANV-5CW Anvil - Achoo (Gesundheit)
Left Cheek - ANV-5M Anvil
Orifice of Flaming Destruction - ANV-5M Anvil

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That may be an unofficial nickname within the unit, but not discussed with others.

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #39 on: 05 October 2012, 11:48:52 »
I have to see this weekend if my buddy can make decals

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #40 on: 05 October 2012, 22:51:11 »
if you want I can post all of the lance patches for all of the paws.

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #41 on: 05 October 2012, 23:56:09 »
that would be of value should I make up a CW themed avatar

— From a post on rpg.net

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #42 on: 07 October 2012, 20:53:39 »
Alright, finally wrote up a pilot bio, sorry it took so long.  A lot of this was sheer "thrown in off the top of my head for the hell of it" and can be changed if needed.  Especially the last paragraph.

We shall name him Ian Redwolf, in honor of Prince Ian Davion (and my mother's alma mater's mascot).  Ian was the child of minor nobility on Kathil in the Fedsuns.  He grew up, inherited his childless aunt's WHM-6L (a prize from the 4th War) and attended the War College of Goshen.  After graduation, he was assigned to the 1st Capellan Dragoons, arriving just a few months before they were purchased by the Duke of Kathil and packed up and headed "home".  He fought in the Civil War on the side of the Allies.  During the Kathil fighting, his home lands were devastated by the crash of the Robert Davion, killing his entire family and destroying their minor fief.  After that he fought all the more fiercely to reinstall Prince Victor.  When Victor refused to take the throne and returned to ComStar he was outraged(seeing Yvonne's weak regency as part of the reason Katherine could seize power), and resigned from the AFFS in disgust.  He went to Outreach, intending to seek work as a mercenary, and ended up signing on with the Lone Wolves just days before the death of Jaime Wolf.  After that things get blurry.  He was sighted numerous times on numerous worlds, it's known that he worked with the AFFS during Operation Sovereign Justice.  It's also know he did a stint with the Thumpers, but left when he felt they were too close too settling down in Filtvelt.  Sometime near the end of the Jihad he fell in with the Wombat and her crew.  He carries a McKennsy Hammer, but there is no record of his having been awarded the weapon during his time in the AFFS (rumor is he killed a holder during one of the battles on Kathil, and took it from his cockpit as a trophy.).  At any rate, he is scarcely seen without it these days.  As such, he has been nicknamed (and callsigned) "Hammer".  Since he took a liking to the name, he has been known to shout "I am the Hammer!" over comms or external speakers upon downing an opponent.  He refers to his mech as "Naduah" (meaning "someone found") after an ancient terran woman (Cynthia Ann Parker, renamed after she was kidnapped by Comanches) from whom his family claims descent (well, they mostly claim her famous son Quanah Parker, but you get the idea).

So:
Name/callsign: Ian Redwolf/Hammer
Mech name: Naduah
Birth Date: February 29, 3040 (I think it's a leap year, if not you can change it, I just thought it would be funny for him to only have a birthday every 4 years)
Fairly light skin, you might well miss that he's ethnically Native American if you didn't know already, the family has intermarried with europeans (and asians, and jews, and most everyone else at some point) in the last thousand years.  Brown eyes, light brown hair.  ambidextrous, should it come up for some reason.  Does still follow many Native traditons, but is practical about it, he isn't going to count coup in battle or anything.  Dresses in an odd combination of native and military gear(again, when it's practical).  Obviously carries the hammer everywhere, even the dining facility and latrine, but carries other weapons anywhere he can get away with it (and whatever he can get away with.  Assault rifle, pistol, hatchet, bowie knife, machete, pocket knife, baseball bat, he isn't picky.  Not all at once, obviously.) Usually wears headgear (often with traditional headdress attached) and sunglasses/visor (he doesn't like making eye contact for some reason).
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #43 on: 07 October 2012, 22:09:33 »
Name: Unknown
Callsign:"  Toenail "
Mech name: same

Bio: A very tall and muscular feminine figure. Toenail is six feet and around 200 pounds of muscle. Her background isn't known very much. But this poweress has been known to inject useless information on a whim, speak only if she is spoken to and occasionally joke in a dry humor. Her mech, also known as Toenail, is painted in what appears to be blue fuzz. How she acquired it, that was in a very publicized poker game. Of which she bluffed her way into the game and then won. Well at least the cameras don't lie. Heck what would you do in a game, and everybody started shooting each other and your are the only survivor? Hm mm.... ?

Well anyway... She's got brown hair, brown eyes, an eyeful of other features not mentionable. Avert or get punched, last warning. Did you know she is a pugilist heavyweight? True that... ask her some time. She might challenge you to a freindly game...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #44 on: 07 October 2012, 23:39:46 »
Name: Jude McCartney
Call sign :Blackbird
Bon on the planet Deifenbaker near the Taurian border of the Federated Suns, life was generally a fairly simple one. Unlike some other preriphery edged worlds, closeness to the Capelan Confederation ensured a decent level of garrison force, and a higher level of education. still life was less then exciting, and out of highschool Jude joined with the 21st illician Rangers. It was there that he was tested and found suitable for training as a mechwarrior.  His reasons fo leaving the unit, and how he ended up with the Combat Wombat's are secrets he does not share, though the cold sweat that appears when 'hot drops' are mentioned, and his apparent dislike of jump jets may be some indicators.

Has a fear of falling. Plays several musical instruments, and seem to prefer music from pre spaceflight Terra. Holds black belts in karate and judo. Tends to talk to himself in public.

— From a post on rpg.net

Wombat

• Captain
« Reply #45 on: 08 October 2012, 12:32:13 »
**sits back and munches popcorn (along with the bumper off a 1972 Ford Pinto)**
"Remember gweilo, you suck when you are nervous." - James Hong

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #46 on: 08 October 2012, 13:30:47 »
**sits back and munches popcorn (along with the bumper off a 1972 Ford Pinto)**

Welcome

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #47 on: 08 October 2012, 15:10:17 »
ah the CO has shown up. Hi Wombat.

— From a post on rpg.net

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #48 on: 08 October 2012, 15:44:06 »
" My reaction is to ask for some Action, or Pawplay, which ever comes first. " says Toenail.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #49 on: 08 October 2012, 16:23:09 »
[waves] Hey boss.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #50 on: 08 October 2012, 17:15:55 »
*waves and then hides behind a leg of his Wolverine* Isn't the rear bumper the most explosive part of a pinto?

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #51 on: 08 October 2012, 17:28:04 »
No. Just the detonator.  :))

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #52 on: 09 October 2012, 09:52:21 »
For those that want to make decals of the other paws....

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #53 on: 09 October 2012, 10:08:02 »
My thinking is that Toenail does have a nickname in the unit, barely tolerated because it is what she is. Big Toe    8)

Stormcrow

• Major
  • Art by Shimmering Sword
« Reply #54 on: 09 October 2012, 10:21:48 »
Name (Callsign): Oswald Burnside (Crispy)
Mech name: Firestorm

Bio: Born on August 20. 3028, the day that the 4SW started, Crispy is now in his 40s and has seen more combat than most. He suffers from serious burn injuries over nearly 20% of , hence his callsign which he gave himself, which he received while fighting the Clas on Tukayyid. Rathehis bodyr than being fearful of fire, he has embraced it, turning into something of a pyromaniac. He has refitted his Mech into 75-ton walking lighter. His fellow paw members give him a wide berth both on and off the battlefield.
Commandant Otto Maurus, ARWH-1Z ArcHammer, Maurus' Minutemen
Captain Obadiah Sykes, OSR-5FCR Ostroc, Second Filtvelt Citizens Militia

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius
Noli Timure Messorem
May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. - Voltaire
Wielder of the Ferro-Carbide Bat of DOOM™

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #55 on: 09 October 2012, 13:56:14 »
Sven "Steel Eyes" Norseman sits at the bar slowly drinking his concoction of white grain liquors.  He constantly drinks in a fool's errand to kill the pain.  His nordic features and spiky blond hair probably back up the rumors that originated from the Free Rasalhague Republic.  Supposedly he was with the 5th Volunteer Security Detachment when the Clan Invasion started.  He may have done a temporary stint with Comstar.  Some say that he joined Snord's Irregulars for a time and that is where he got the cartoon character that adorns his Marauder the "Blue Meanie".  What people do know about "Steel Eyes" is that he is always at the bar when he is not working on his mech, that he is accomplish tech (maybe better that our Master Technician), an accomplished viscous Mech Warrior and a master of tactics.  They know that and the fact that he has no eyes.  Well not real eyes.  Two steel orbs.  That's why no ones looks at "Steel Eyes" or calls him that to his face.  Some thought that he had served with the Word of Blake - since he had been modified.  Know one knows really what happened to him during the Jihad.  Once a very naive tech asked him how he got his eyes and he replied "They had to experiment on someone".

So Sven "Steel Eyes" Norseman sits at the bar slowly drinking his concoction of white grain liquors.

Trying to kill the pain.

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #56 on: 09 October 2012, 15:02:26 »
OK. Here is the ranks used by Combat Wombat.

Boss is the boss, the CO
Underboss is the XO (Achoo)
Rightenants are the Paw Commanders
Leftenants are the Big Toes
Master Sergeant is the rank of the First Toes
Staff Sergeant is the rank of the Second Toe
All other toes are Sergeants

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #57 on: 09 October 2012, 22:02:52 »
" Leftenant Toenail reporting for duty sir!... er ma'am? " retorted Toenail to the XO, looking confused. As Achoo is seen wearing a blue poka-dotted sundress and combat high heels.

TT  O:-)
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #58 on: 09 October 2012, 22:16:14 »
OK. Here is the ranks used by Combat Wombat.

Boss is the boss, the CO
Underboss is the XO (Achoo)
Rightenants are the Paw Commanders
Leftenants are the Big Toes
Master Sergeant is the rank of the First Toes
Staff Sergeant is the rank of the Second Toe
All other toes are Sergeants
I'm confused.  Who are the Rightenants?
Sunrise is Coming.

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #59 on: 09 October 2012, 22:30:44 »
the Leftenenants other half of course

— From a post on rpg.net

Register