Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Aerospace Combat / Re: Fleet Recon
« Last post by Cannonshop on Today at 05:03:42 »
I'm out.  Why? because every reply I can think of, ends up being a sarcastic flame, so I'm out.
Fan Fiction / Re: Opalescent Reflections
« Last post by Sir Chaos on Today at 04:56:54 »
Does this make him a "Ace of Khan's - Hawker, 2 Burrocks, Showers and now an Ice Hellion 🥇

And Natasha Kerensky can add "I survived Ace Enders" to the long list of reasons why she is a living legend.

Actually, I wouldn´t put it past her to have an "I survived Ace Enders" t-shirt made, and to wear it in public.
Off Topic / Re: Naval Pictures X: Underway on Nuclear Power
« Last post by Cannonshop on Today at 04:49:40 »
I thought that only worked on War Thunder forums.

what, getting me to admit I'm wrong? nah, that happens a LOT, because I'm so rarely right...
Fan Fiction / Re: It's a family curse.
« Last post by Euphonium on Today at 04:44:04 »
Who's the worst monster here: the literal or the enabler/handler?  :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

I'm having memories of a scene from ''the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen'' reading Liz tales.

This one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBybuhDN-0k

"Intelligence is knowing that Frankenstein was the scientist and the creation was the monster.
Wisdom is knowing that Frakenstein was the real monster."
« Last post by Cannonshop on Today at 04:43:33 »
"She made me...

...attend Arthur's birthday celebrations before she was willing to let me leave."  Elizabeth groused.

Her revered ancestor slid a block from his tower, and placed it on top.  "Makes sense, Liz." he told her, "You're a noble, something I wasn't even when I was officially alive, but part of that, is the social duties."  he peered at her with yellowed, hardened eyes, "How was the party?"

she sat down across from him.  "Dull." she said, "some of it was fun-Arthur picked a good holomovie, and I got to see Penny and Daffy and Danny."

"Your school friends?"

"Daniel Brewer was one of the few friends I had at Groningen, I met Penny and Daphne in drug rehab."

the dead man chuckled a raspy chuckle.

"What?"

"I met Jimmy Qua in a military prison." He told her.  "We ended up closer than brothers.  It's good to have friends, even for things like us."

"Military Prison? but-"

"I enlisted in the SLDF, Lilbit, right out of Holmeyer Prep in Dinh Diep, it was twenty-seven twenty eight." he explained, "about a year before teh rising.  I got busted, they sent me with a few hundred other guys after the rising, to a prison complex on the far side of the Sphere."

"That's not in your bio."

"Of course it isn't." he told her.  "Just like officially, SLDF records showed we didn't exist.  we were test subjects. the kind they couldn't admit managed to escape custody during the Kerensky Regency."

"What were you in for?" she asked in morbid curiosity.

"suspicion of sympathy with the rebels." He told her, "They grabbed a bunch of us who enlisted back when we believed in the Star League, as possible rebels and sympathizers.  Administratively, they made us disappear, because even civilian prisoners have rights that soldiers don't, even back then."

"So...it's not genetic, is it?"

"It is for you." he told her, "We didn't realize the bad parts would carry over to our descendants.  Not sure what I'd have done differently, except maybe wore a rubber with Marjie."

"when did the hunger start?" she asked.

"Well...twenty seven forty? about then." he allowed, "We were hiding with Free Stars activists, running freedom ops against Rimjob slavers, and I guess I took one too many hits, made the dormant parts active.  WE did some testing of our own, most of us agreed to help free Kowloon, hence being here for the 'sixty nine revolution."

"and the deal?" she asked.

"Aaron DeChevalier was the officer who sent me to prison, the deal was the least the bastard could do once he figured out who I had been." Tranh Truk Ngo asserted.  "Kerensky needed shock troops, there were about a battalion of us who'd been...altered, most of the men were still asymptomatic, still 'alive'."

"how does that go from a battalion to you having a regiment in torpor?" Liz asked.

"blood transfusions." he said, "Medical exposure, and Amaris was trying to recreate the Twenty-one-Charlie experiment that created us at Running Deer, some of his test subjects joined our side.  They turned a lot faster than we did."

"is there a cure?" she asked.

"Nope....and we kind of ate the scientists who might've figured out one." he told her, "a mistake, but you get a few hundred blood maddened ghouls in a confined space and the human staffers they can identify aren't going to be in real great shape after."

"and the impalements?"

"Seeing how long the fat-man's proposed supersoldiers could last." he said, "We worked out how to force torpor doing it, and how to kill one of us and make them stay dead."  He tapped a block on the table, "we stopped them from recreating it, Liz, we stopped them from re-creating monsters.  There's a price for that."

"Yeah, i know, I'm living it..."

"Not what I mean, liz, we could've all gotten off the merry go round like Jimmy did...but once something's been discovered, once it's been done?" he paused, "Someone..." he slid his block into the tower, and it swayed, "...someone is going to do it again.  we take rotations awake, you know this, it's because sooner or later some demented phekktard is going to replicate the result, and something has to be there to stop it, put it down, or bring it under control."

"and if that happens?"

He took hold of a block, "then we have to be there, or..." the tower toppled onto the table, scattering blocks, "...everything is screwed, lil'bit.  Now you're part of it.  Dinh didn't want the burden, once he really digested what it means, that's why he went sunward."

« Last post by Vizzer on Today at 04:26:01 »
Another Khan done by the Ender of Failures.
Does this make him a "Ace of Khan's - Hawker, 2 Burrocks, Showers and now an Ice Hellion 🥇
« Last post by paulobrito on Today at 04:16:19 »
The Clan Research is not going to create a horrible disaster. No, sir.
« Last post by worktroll on Today at 03:21:57 »
Ooooooooooohhh ...tagged!
« Last post by Cannonshop on Today at 03:20:25 »
This will present some...difficulties for the BDS, methinks.  Minoru did something that is certainly appropriate, but hardly common, especially among Lords and Leaders. 

They dun ****** up.
Off Topic / Re: So.....GASLANDS!
« Last post by Triptych on Today at 03:17:30 »
I bought Dark Future when I was a kid but never played it. What are the rules like in this game? Do vehicles have stats like in BT?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]