Author Topic: WOB/ IS Campaign  (Read 7753 times)

TheMaster1955

• Captain
WOB/ IS Campaign
« on: 27 May 2013, 07:28:54 »
As requested we are posting our battles. It will be done in turns. I will post the Pic and WOB side Saint will post the IS side. This is the opening pre turn set up. Saint will explain the mission.  O0

This is the WOB side of the map

This is the IS side of the map.
Life: Some assembly required!

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
Re: WOB/ IS Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2013, 09:44:11 »
For our first mission we had the Beachhead track (see Is that thunder I hear in the mini's section), that game waas a win for the PC's with all mech's exiting the opfor home edge.

This weeks Stalwart: Unfortunately I miss read and thought the defender (PCs) had to roll force size so we had 75% of our force.

Our Objectives
1.)Destroy/Cripple 75% of opfor
2.)Destroy/Cripple 100% of opfor
3.)50% of PC's unit must survive

PC unit
Hector upgrade (homemade with 2 Hvy PPC, 2 Med Lasers)
Archer IIC (variant with 4 LRM 15s and Hardend Armor)
ShadowHawk 12C

Opfor
Grand Crusader
Lao Hu
Ceasar (Starts hidden)
Lightray
Initiate

More to come!

Mods please bump to child board if we are in the wrong part. Thanks #P

« Last Edit: 29 May 2013, 18:43:18 by Saint »
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2013, 13:57:48 »

Red stars are where PC mechs started, Archer IIC starts on the mountian and the other two near the river.
Red Line is home edge

White Stars are WoB mechs, the one with a H is hidden.
Attackers home edge.

"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2013, 15:21:38 »
Here's a pic of the PC team befor the game, the Bombadier is standing in as a ArcherIIC. More to come soon! RL permitting. #P

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2013, 18:49:22 »
Turn one: Both sides advance, but no one is in weapons range.
Archer IIC PoV

And from another PoV.

Ouchies

• Warrant Officer
  • Rightly good batchall my good sport. Rightly good.
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2013, 07:32:31 »
Looks great! O0

Fidel Cashflow

• Master Sergeant
    • believe
« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2013, 08:21:39 »
Nice paintjobs as well....
You know what rhymes with Sloth?

TheMaster1955

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2013, 19:51:30 »
Turn 2 the wobs move foward. just keeping out of lrm range.

Is shifts right
« Last Edit: 31 May 2013, 19:53:11 by TheMaster1955 »

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2013, 20:59:17 »
Turn 2 the Lightray hits the Hector with a Looong range ER LLaser shot, the Hectors return fire misses.

The second two pics above are turn 3

Potshots are taken but no hits for either side.

Shadowhawk attempts to pull the Lightray closer.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2013, 21:01:02 by Saint »

TheMaster1955

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 02 June 2013, 20:14:51 »
  They shifted there force in an atempt to draw me accross the river.

The Shad atempted to get out of my line of fire But OOPS!!!!!! he then atempted to confuse me by moving in a thousand direction at once }:)

My main force still skirting the forest.

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #10 on: 02 June 2013, 20:41:14 »
Turn four the Ceasar springs it's ambush, destroying the Shadowhawk with Gauss and PPC fire to the Center rear. My Hector pops some shots at a Lao Hu in the forest but misses. The Archer IIC tries to avenge our fallen warrior with 4 LRM 15's, his damage sand blast armor an the Ceasar including 5 points to the head.

The remaining WoB forces fire on my Hector, but luck was on my side and they miss.

Now it's 2 vs 5

Turn five soon!

Fidel Cashflow

• Master Sergeant
    • believe
« Reply #11 on: 03 June 2013, 09:10:38 »
More pictures!

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 04 June 2013, 13:24:26 »
Excellent.  O0

TheMaster1955

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 07 June 2013, 08:25:51 »

Time to cross the river

Fearing my power the Archer IIC jumps back out of LOS the ceaser runs him down.

The Hector advances to the rear
« Last Edit: 07 June 2013, 08:33:23 by TheMaster1955 »

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #14 on: 07 June 2013, 09:53:41 »
Turns 5 and 6

Now it's 2 v 5, we lost both intiative for both turns. We move to regroup while trying to keep out of the Wobbies LoS.  I was able to keep my Hector out of their view, the Archer IIc jumps to a lower level in order to make himself a difficult target.

The Wobbies fire on the ArcherIIc luckly only light weapons hit causing some damage , return fire from the ArcherIIc peppers the Ceasar and I miss again with HPPC fire (not a good day for bad rolls).

Pictures from above
Pic 1  is mid movement for the Wobbies.

Pic 2 was the AMC final move

Pic 3 Was the AMc's first move.
« Last Edit: 07 June 2013, 10:11:30 by Saint »

TheMaster1955

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: 10 June 2013, 19:27:08 »

taking on archer face to face O0

supporting ceasar, didnot help killed by a head shot.

chasing down the Hector

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #16 on: 10 June 2013, 20:46:00 »
Turn 7 ( I think we missed or mashed up turn 5 and 6 pics  :) )

AMC forces attempt to split the WoB in order to keep them form focusing all thier firepower on one mech. The WoB send the Ceasar and Lightray to deal with the Archer IIC, while the Lao Hu, Initiate, and Grand Crusader make their way to my Hector. I was able to  take pot shots at the Lightray ,but it's fast pace kept it safe. Meanwhile the WoB fires everything it could at the Archer IIC, only the Ceasar and Lightray do any damage luckly.

Now we catch our first break of the game. In the Ceasars haste to close with the Archer IIC the pilot forgets the Clan launchers do not need time to arm. The Archer IIC belches 60 LRMs at the Ceasar. Most of them blast armor from the mechs torso and arms, but 10 find thier way to the Ceasars cockpit and incinerate the pilot.

Now a route has turned into a heated battle, both sides unwilling to fall back or halt their advanced.
« Last Edit: 10 June 2013, 21:01:23 by Saint »

TheMaster1955

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 12 June 2013, 22:42:44 »

PUSHING FOWARD

Chasing hector, Its Saints Bday must give him a present

The  Archer IIC trys oing through the moutain

Hector hides well

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #18 on: 13 June 2013, 19:38:36 »
Turn 8
With the destruction of the Ceasar the Wobbies decide it's time to regroup and finish the AMC lance.  I keep my Hector in place with the hopes of minimizing enemy fire, after the Lightray moves to engage me the Archer IIC uses this opprotunity to move into the tunnel and try to get some time to cool off. A WoB Lao Hu moves to take a shot at the Archer but misses. I once again miss with my HPPCs , luckly most of the Wobbies fire strike the hill before me or do minor damage.

TheMaster1955

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: 14 June 2013, 07:42:53 »

Lost the big guy to a ammo go boom  :'( #P

« Last Edit: 14 June 2013, 18:03:00 by TheMaster1955 »

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #20 on: 14 June 2013, 08:46:56 »
Turn 9
The Lao Hu and Lightray move into point blank range with the Hector while the Intiate and Grand Crusader move into a support position to keep the Archer IIC from having a free shot. I hold my position with the Hector and out Archer IIC backs out of the tunnel .

The Wobbies let loose with everything they can, destroying my right side and heavily damaging my left arm. Finially I have luck with my HPPC's, even with a min range penalty I manage to hit the Lao Hu with both and get a floating crit to the big mechs torso causing a ammo explosion.

Turn 10 (top pic on post above)

Angered by the loss of a second mech the WoB holds position to try and finish off my battered Hector. I move to the rear of the Lightray while the Archer IIC jumps to the top of the hill.

The Wobbies fire everthing they can at me agian causing more damage, but fail to do anything critical. My return fire hits with only one Med Laser pearcing the Rear CT but fails to damage anything internally. The Archer IIC has better luck, three LRM 15 rack hit the Initiate blowing it's right leg off and doing heavy damage to the torso.
« Last Edit: 14 June 2013, 20:50:54 by Saint »

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #21 on: 15 June 2013, 07:00:50 »
Last Turn

Battered the Hector desides it's time to leave, the Archre IIC stays to cover the retreat. The Wobbies move to protect the Initiate, and opens fire on the Archeer.

The WoB weapons find their mark and strip the Archer of it's weapons. The Archer fires on the downed Initiate doing more damage, but not destroying it.
After that the Archer uses its jumpjets to keep safe from the Word mechs , and finally makes it off the board.

Results
Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.
We destroyed or crippled 3 mechs (185 tons), but failed to take our secondary objective of 75% of OpFor destroyed or crippled . We would have liked to hold the field to recover the Shadowhawk but no luck there.

I really need my dice to roll better. :))

Fidel Cashflow

• Master Sergeant
    • believe
« Reply #22 on: 16 June 2013, 09:47:31 »
Our side also had the coolest dice O0

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #23 on: 16 June 2013, 11:20:46 »
Third Mission : Strike Sorry for sucky camera shots  (no macro setting)
Attacker ( we deploy half our force, the rest come in on turn 4)
AMC Forces
Stealth 2D2
Mercury II (carries Infiltrator squad)
Griffon 4R (carries Infiltrator squad)
Hermes II 5Sr (carries Infiltrator squad)
3 Squads of Infiltrator MkII Mag Clamp

Defender (picks 4 CF40 buildings and makes one a command post)
WoB Forces
Patriot 2D (Commander)
Rifleman 5J (2 L Gauss, 4 ER Med Lasers)
Buccaneer 6W
Firebee 3J (Plasma Rifle, 2 L MG with array)
Anubus  3J (2 ER M Lasers, 2 SRM4s)

Objectives
Locate and Destroy the command post
Destroy the WoB Commander

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #24 on: 16 June 2013, 11:24:22 »
Turn 1
WoB forces hold position while the Stealth and Mercury II advance. Rifleman and Mercury II take long range pot shots but miss each other.

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #25 on: 16 June 2013, 11:31:23 »
Turn 2
The Stealth and Mercury II approach 2 buildings hoping to scan them but find high levels of ECM. Now we are forced to destroy buildings. We take aim at the building closes to the Mercury II and destroy it out right.

The Rifleman fires on the Mercury II but misses.

TheMaster1955

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: 16 June 2013, 21:29:03 »

chasing Down the hector for saints B-day, lost the lao-hu to ammo explosion :'(

Hector left the board. Time to beat down the archer

After destroying all his lrm launchers. The archer went home. ::) O0

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #27 on: 17 June 2013, 19:07:31 »
No your not crazy The Master is slightly out of sink. The 3 pics above are from game2. [cheers]

Turn 3
The Mercury moves to drop off the Infiltrators, and with the stealth attack a second building doing almost enough damage to drop it. The WoB Anubus and Buccaneer fires at the Stealth hitting with a M Laser and a SRM 4. Meanwhile the Patriot, Rifleman, and Firebee on the Mercury II hitting it with a HPPC, M Laser on the center torso, and a L Gauss to the right leg.

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #28 on: 17 June 2013, 19:11:25 »
Turn 4

Now the rest of the AMC forces enter the city. The Hermes II and Griffin move to begin attacking a third building while deploying 2 more squads of Infiltrator mkII’s . The Word moves the Buccaneer, Firebee, and Rifleman to intercept the new attackers, while the Patriot and Anubis continue their attack on the Mercury II. Luckily the Mercury II is too nimble and takes no damage. The Mercury II and Stealth hit the Anubis with a L Laser and 2 M Lasers.

Meanwhile the first squad of Infiltrators fail to finish off the critically weakened   building. The rest of the WoB unit fire upon the Griffin hitting it with 2 salvos of SRMs , and three M Lasers. In return the Hermes II and Griffin hit the third target building causing major damage.

During the physical phase the WoB misses with a hatchet attack on the Griffin and a failed kick to the Mercury II.

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #29 on: 18 June 2013, 17:44:26 »
Turn 5
Both sides maneuver for position. Most of the AMC force continues to fire at suspect buildings, while the WoB focuses on the attacking the newly arrived mechs .

Building 2  is destroyed, and 2 more heavily damaged, the Mercury II and Stealth fire at the Anubus hitting with 2 M. Lasers and StSRM6. The Griffin and Hermes II do heavy damage to building 4. The Anubus and Buccaneer fire on the Hermes II scattering their damage. Meanwhile the Patriot, Firebee, and Rifleman attack the Griffin, but only the Rifleman scores hits with 2 L Gauss rifles and 3 ER M Lasers. During the pyshical phase the Buccaneer hits the Hermes II with the hatch but fails to punch through the armor.

Register