Author Topic: 'Warcriming the Militia' - Battlemechs of the WoB  (Read 1328 times)

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Re: 'Warcriming the Militia' - Battlemechs of the WoB
« Reply #30 on: 03 May 2024, 16:54:20 »
I've yet to read your story, I suspect that this project is related to it? I honestly can't see Blakists working with Clans. So far it's looking good.

I actually have a couple stubs out there - I'm still working on the Clan Blood Spirit one, but its very hard for me since it isn't a natural writing style.  This is the fiction for this project - I finished it but never put the rest of it here.*

Edit - yes, I did.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=71607.msg1669723#msg1669723

TL;DR - WoB, Clan Python, and the Civil Government of the Legacy Cluster.

The WoB wants to conquer the Cluster (including their allies) and brainwash them before returning to the IS and conquering it.  (They have to retreat from the Cluster.  One of their factions releases a bio-weapon.  Poof!  No survivors.)

The Pythons 'just want to see the other Clans burn' - nukes are ok - and are hoping to learn enough about the WoB to do the same to them (They don't.  They get Annihilated.  All of them.)

The Civil Government just wants to be at the table with the popular kids.  Maybe not live hand-to-mouth, like the other Periphery hellholes.

...And, it looks like there will be a total of 75 Battlemechs - 12 domestically produced Primitive/standard units, 13 Primitive/standards imported from the IS and seconded to their allies.  More than I wanted, so they might get cut down somehow.

« Last Edit: 03 May 2024, 16:56:03 by Red Pins »
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #31 on: 06 May 2024, 00:37:42 »
Anndd - Another new plan.  Because it contains that which promotes growth!  Still have to come up with several domestic Primitives, and a couple standards though.

*edit - And 9 more domestic Primitives.  But I just organized the mechs into groups of four, so...

« Last Edit: 06 May 2024, 01:23:17 by Red Pins »
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!

namar13766

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 06 May 2024, 09:45:31 »
So has Ghosts of Obeedah proved useful for your efforts?

I’m looking forward to the revamped rules for Cassette Missiles Launchers, Fighterships, and Portable Turrets, not to mention the expanded drones of your Legacy Cluster.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 06 May 2024, 10:16:33 »
Yes, but I'm in the weeds right now trying to fish out Primitive units for the WoB to supply their allies from Sarna and dont remember how.  Then I have 9-10 domestic Primitives to upgrade to Introtech.  I'm reluctant to continue doing sheets without knowing what their stats are before I start, and this section is ballooning obscenely.

You know, you could do a search for my name and the new tech item you're interested in and it will probably come up - I haven't been shy.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 09 May 2024, 00:22:01 »
Ok - life intervened, and I had some corrections and stuff to do with the stupid MML files being corrupted somehow.  So, I need to keep a paper copy, too.  Sooner or later, I'll be able to print the PDF off (although maybe I should do it now, since the PDF won't get corrupted?  I'll have to consider it.) and do the RS book.

So, several screenshots.  Here's the first.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #35 on: 09 May 2024, 00:23:23 »
...And another, page 2 of this section.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #36 on: 09 May 2024, 00:44:56 »
Here's the third page.

*It seems I can't alphabetize worth a dang, but it's fixed now.  You can still find the Falcon hawk entry in one of the  other images.

With that, I need to replace a missing text box (or find it and remove the clutter) and we're ready to restart. 

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #37 on: 10 May 2024, 12:22:55 »
...Can't seem to remember that Valks are 30 tons, not 35 tons, either.  Fortunately, with this set up I only had to hold the return button down long enough to clear a column and give myself space to work.  Praise Word!

Hopefully, this will be the last Go AWAY, Murphy! time and I can start fresh next week.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 10 May 2024, 13:14:24 »
Final-final-FINAL! version of page 2 for this section.  Getting really tired of this, may just do designs, then text, then layout if I can't stop screwing up at this rate.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #39 on: 10 May 2024, 18:15:43 »
You need to stop jinxing yourself! ;D

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #40 on: 10 May 2024, 22:46:09 »
Yeah, yeah...  I know.  Done for a while, I keep getting this popped rib in my back, so I'm changing the setup of my roll top desk.  Starting to think I may have to get something more conventional.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #41 on: 11 May 2024, 05:47:48 »
Have you tried a standing desk?

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #42 on: 11 May 2024, 16:22:19 »
Just wrenched my knee for the 2nd time, so..no.  And can’t afford anything new right now, it’s complicated.  Plus it’s in the living room so I don’t want a plain work table.

Stuck with it I think.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #43 on: 11 May 2024, 17:33:26 »
Ouch, bummer!  I hope you recover quickly...

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #44 on: 11 May 2024, 23:02:15 »
It's the strangest thing, I can walk on it, have a click when I climb stairs,  a little awkward - just hoping they don't say 'surgery'.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #45 on: 14 May 2024, 00:52:21 »
Page four of the section.

I like the art and story behind the Toro, but, holy heck, I just can't say the -A-6 is most common, with the slightly modified -A-LC substituting a Plasma Rifle and examples of the original TR-A-1 being updated quickly.

Sounds OK, I guess.  I'll try again later.  Here's a screenshot;

*edit - that's it for tonight, I wanted to finish, but its got to wait.  I got a whole week, after all.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2024, 00:55:14 by Red Pins »

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #46 on: 15 May 2024, 21:41:19 »
...And page 4.  Don't mind saying, at 161 words, the Hermes II was tough.  All of these are getting tougher.  This one was a pain, but the Jenner and Panther were already done, anyway.

Next up, the Icarus, Initiate, Raptor II, and Sentinel.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #47 on: 15 May 2024, 22:46:06 »
Huh.  A productive night.  Icarus II is done.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #48 on: 17 May 2024, 22:05:17 »
Ugh.  Daughter tried to bake cookies and put it in a loaf pan.  Too much butter, salt - and the timer on the stove shorted out.  After putting down a $3,000 deposit for windows, $1,500 deposit for removal of a set of concrete stairs and new wooden ones.  I hate my life.

But here's a screenshot.  The Sentinel is done, too - just forgot the handwritten copy at work.  Maybe tomorrow, but there's three houses worth of yard work to do this long weekend.  Not expecting to get much done.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #49 on: Today at 01:37:09 »
"Just a minute, honey..."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #50 on: Today at 06:20:21 »
I hope the smoke damage wasn't too bad!

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #51 on: Today at 10:32:49 »
No, she made soup.  All that butter..  :cry:   I don't understand why people have such problems with simple fractions, but then I was a journeyman cook, too.

Does anybody have a comment on the Raptor entry? I was thinking of trying to add a tripod later using the same format.