Author Topic: Building a Tancredi Loyalists Unit (Dark Age)  (Read 1437 times)

Adam Vagus

• Master Sergeant
  • Wearing my tightest pants, because it's midnite!
Building a Tancredi Loyalists Unit (Dark Age)
« on: 04 April 2014, 08:32:45 »
Since I've fallen in love with the Tancredi Loyalists, specifically the 7th, I've decided to try and build a unit. What would be good 'Mechs to include in it assuming at least one of the 2765 'rules' for it (No 'Mechs over 55 tons or with a cruising speed of under 50kph) were still in play? I was thinking that they'd probably drop the tonnage limit but am interested in your opinions. Thanks.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Building a Tancredi Loyalists Unit (Dark Age)
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2014, 12:36:39 »
So basically a cav unit?  Yes drop the tonnage limit- during the era you mention it makes sense as we had a few units who might have been available to them over 55t at that speed.  You might make it one heavy cav battalion and two lighter/original battalions.

In that case I would also say stack the Clan equipment in the heavy battalion- lets you bring the weight with weapons that hit harder.  Your classic 3050 Omnis would fit here because many are faster than 5/8- the Gargoyle would be your biggest bruiser, something like the G with the LB-20X and APGs.  But throw in the Savage Wolf, Jade Hawk, Mad Dog III/IV, Ryoken II, Arcas, Thunder, Thanatos, Falconer, Prefect (would be interesting HOW), or anything available on the lower end merc lists IMO.  The light battalions would be made up of more IS designs, common ones available on the lower end of the merc and respective house lists.  The light battalions would be the horns to the heavy's head in the traditional 'bull' style of envelopment attack.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2014, 14:39:48 »
Give each battalion a fast-reaction lance of Gunsmiths. That'd be a nice touch. Other solid FedSuns designs for this sort of thing include the STH-2D Stealth, the OSR-4D or OSR-5D Osiris, the UZL-8S Uziel and the HSN-10SR Hellspawn.

Also, I'd say stick with the tonnage limit. Maybe it's a handicap but it can be fun to handicap yourself sometimes, because it forces you to devise forces and tactics you'd never come up with otherwise.
« Last Edit: 06 April 2014, 14:05:20 by Kojak »

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Adam Vagus

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2014, 09:20:12 »
Both ideas are excellent. I'll try them both and see what suits me. Thank you.

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #4 on: 16 April 2014, 03:19:38 »
Have the Tancredi Loyalists actually been re-formed in the Dark Age???

cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

Adam Vagus

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 21 April 2014, 07:43:00 »
No, but that's not stopping me from saying they have been.

*runs off to secure his house from the CGL Ninjas*

Register