Author Topic: Deadborder's MegaMek camo collection  (Read 10481 times)

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Re: Deadborder's MegaMek camo collection
« Reply #30 on: 13 April 2018, 04:32:00 »
Fell behind posting these again. I am terrible.

As can be expected, the Magistracy of Canopus tends towards colourful schemes. It doesn't use formation-wide ones by any stretch of the imagination, preferring to go by individual unit. Even then, the units within a formation will have very little in common at all.

The MAF has a large number of missing schemes. This is both missing historical units, and newer units raised from various sources. Some of the missing units might actually be older names for current units, so...

To use these, place them in your /data/images/camo folder.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17n6qt_hQKZzjkShXxqI8QlR2zfiO9j8h/view?usp=sharing

Units missing colour schemes:

• 4th Canopian Fusiliers
  • 1st Canopian Grenadiers
  • 2nd Canopian Grenadiers
  • 4th Canopian Light Horse
  • Kossandra’s Volunteers
  • Magestrix Guard
  • People’s Volunteers (Brigade)
  • 1st Raventhir Cuirassiers
  • 2nd Raventhir Cuirassiers

Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #31 on: 16 April 2018, 03:36:00 »
The Marian Hegemony opts towards simple and colourful schemes that are very bright and clearly identifiable. There's no real pattern to them per se, but they're fully documented, so I'll take that.

Well, sort of. The 3050-era Marian Hegemony boasts one unit identified in 20 Year Update as "1st Marian Legion." I simply figured that it was the same unit as I Legio Maria Victrix, which seemed to be a fair translation of the same thing, just more Space Roman.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FIgNKxTGrhtXjHKgnlSiAebaq_AHyr7b/view?usp=sharing

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #32 on: 20 April 2018, 04:22:47 »
The OAM is missing camo schemes most of its units. Half of that comes because the odds are they don't have any because the OAM are poor and can't afford to have colour schemes. The other half comes from their odd pacifisim and the idea that a military is something you sort of kind need, maybe. Kind of like their approach to government, really.

Note that this only covers the Outworlds Alliance. The Snow Ravens were covered separately in the Clan section.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Thqk9dG2jVl6Gb4jf537Q814OXpd1B0o/view?usp=sharing

• 1st Alliance BattleMech Regiment
  • Alliance Borderers
  • Alliance Grenadiers
  • Avellar Guard
  • Baliggora Fusiliers
  • Blommestein Demons
  • Cerberus Watch
  • 1st Long Road Legion
  • 2nd Long Road Legion
  • Onverwacht Guards
  • Pitkin Lancers
  • Ramora Regulars
  • Santiago Carabiners
  • Trader Sentinels

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #33 on: 23 April 2018, 04:10:17 »
Do the Pentagon Powers count as "Periphery?" Well, I guess so. They're a scattered bunch, and the majority of them are undocumented. But some of them are, so naturally I have to do camos of them!

I'm like that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NYGKlivRnFj9YKODYdNsDSQEjapjAvYg/view?usp=sharing

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #34 on: 27 April 2018, 04:27:10 »
And now for one of the most challenging (and diverse) parts of this project. This is the Minor and Deep Periphery collection, which is a mish-mash of different groups of different standings, capability, locations and everything else that have no real connection beyond not being in the Inner Sphere or a part of some greater power. There's two things that do unite these groups, however; the first is their diversity. The second is how little info there is on them, with more missing schemes then having them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uCzVgWYC-W2ilAZR5BqPZby0f7Vpi0L3/view?usp=sharing

• 242nd Hussars
  • Arms of Thor
  • Franklin Fiefdom Military Forces
  • Larsen’s Loners
  • Oberon Guards (Formation)
  • Rim Collection Militia
  • Von Strang’s Guards
  • Umayyad 2nd Corps
  • Umayyad 3rd Corps
« Last Edit: 27 April 2018, 04:29:59 by Deadborder »

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #35 on: 29 April 2018, 04:43:41 »
Pirates!

They're a colourful and mismatched bunch, and in many ways, even more diverse then the "miscellaneous periphery" collection above. And many of them have distinctive colour schemes (even the two who went for "blanket red") despite often being poor on resources and lacking in organisation. And since many of them have only minimal info on them or were wiped out before a field manual, finding colour schemes for them is not easy. Of course.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TlzmjjeMBvyVRytU_V-ToR8D4wmCTlX_/view?usp=sharing

• Battered Brood
  • Black Mob
  • Blades of Death
  • Blood Rain
  • Calderon Commados
  • Cameron’s Curse
  • Charon’s Children
  • Corazon’s Cossacks
  • Dark
  • Farstar Raiders
  • Horsemen of the Apocalypse
  • Jewel’s Picaroons
  • Lafayette Legion
  • Legion of Honor
  • Marcadia Brothers
  • McLaren’s Forgotten
  • Mograine’s Valkyrate
  • Pierce
  • Red Wolves
  • Ryan’s Rebels
  • Santander’s Killers
  • The Surats

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #36 on: 04 May 2018, 04:23:13 »
Very few of the RWA's colour schemes are actually known to the point where it's easier to list the ones we have rather then those we don't. Even then, one or two of these ones are speculatory, based on fragmentary comments or legacy units.

Not much more to add. Go to hell, Amaris.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NszkcNgfdeTIOz_HKb8yV75FcR6fu_h8/view?usp=sharing

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #37 on: 05 May 2018, 03:26:42 »
The TDF has been effectively destroyed several times over. First in the Reunification War, then in the Periphery Uprising, then in the Jihad and then one more time in the "peace" afterwards. Much of what's left is fragments of older formations, and many of their regiments have old names but not much actual connection to the past. What does this mean? Simple. If I can't find a reference for a Taurian regiment, I just assume it's dead.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lPd5_PdAKRo-8QXUbjp5zjRu8EoALm3F/view?usp=sharing

• Brinton Defenders (Formation)
  • Calderon Red Hand
  • Concordat Chasseurs (Formation)
  • 1st Concordat Velites
  • Dumassas Legionaries (Formation)
  • Hyades Guards
  • Hyades Light Infantry
  • Hyades Special Services (Formation)
  • 1st MacLeod’s Regiment
  • Perdition Guards (Formation)

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #38 on: 07 May 2018, 04:11:43 »
And finally, we end with a bang in the form of the various Solaris stables (And collectives and whatever else). They're probably the most collectively colourful of the lot, emphasising distinctive designs and patterns. It's surprisingly rare that a stable will actually have the colours of their "parent" state, and instead will go with whatever seems to suit them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16an9K6ITuVvc8Cs7VcenOEo3Tz-gu0Zb/view?usp=sharing

• Canid Cooperative
  • Crimson Voodoo Stables
  • Dark Knights
  • Hangmen
  • Titans
  • Vampires Stable

Hadral

• Recruit
    • Battletech France
« Reply #39 on: 02 January 2019, 15:10:20 »
Thank you very much for your work Deadborder ! The default camo disappointed me for several reasons, so I googled for more camo and found this great stuff, which is exactly what I was looking for, for my games and campaign.

The post deserves to be pin up, and your work to be implemented in Megamek :thumbsup: 

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #40 on: 02 January 2019, 16:25:51 »
Thank you very much for your work Deadborder ! The default camo disappointed me for several reasons, so I googled for more camo and found this great stuff, which is exactly what I was looking for, for my games and campaign.

The post deserves to be pin up, and your work to be implemented in Megamek :thumbsup:
It's on the list to add to Megamek either to replace the existing camo pack, or be an option to it.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #41 on: 02 January 2019, 16:55:07 »
In the meantime, here's all my camos at once in one big pile, including a few added/modified/etc since the last release. Have fun!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IIUCoZ01Y2tnhvVgmIQ57XS0LDyjWwaU/view?usp=sharing