Author Topic: Noble AtB Maps  (Read 1700 times)

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
Noble AtB Maps
« on: 21 April 2019, 02:46:35 »
Messing around with the AtB Noble Rules I decided to make a permanent map for each of my land-holds to run most scenarios on.

In building the Basic and Standard Bases what would be a good CF for each if using Hardened Fortress building class, 1/2 damage, for Guard Towers/Gun Emplacement Towers?

I am using Field Gunner Infantry Squads/Platoons instead of turrets as they currently do not have purchase prices or maintenance costs. The Basic Base's Guard Towers/Gun Emplacements are set to 30CF, for 60 total damage, and the Standard Base's to 40CF, for 80 damage. Being immobile objects they can die quickly especially since I am using both the Extended and LoS Weapon Ranges. I may increase them to 50CF and 75-80CF.

Both are 150x130 and made starting with the Wooded-Hills Map Generator File. Mountain chance was removed, also river and road set to high. I used Tropical theme and Saxarba's Tileset. Both which can be changed easily in the lobby. 16 Hex area cleared around both Bases to reduce enemy cover.

Hills 2 has little done to it other than a basic outpost, some work along the road and bridge, and a few spots to ford the river added. Hangers for 2 Mechs, 2-4 Tanks, 2-4 VTOL. Link for larger image.
https://i.imgur.com/DrZTnYh.jpg

Hills 2 BB is the above, with the my perceived Basic Base setup for 4 mechs, 4-8 tanks, and/ 4-8 VTOL. Also has a Level 1 Fortified Wall for Infantry and Level 2 Hardened Fortresses for more Infantry or Gun Emplacements. Tank Ditch with 2 points to exit if a unit skids in.
https://i.imgur.com/UHyuyup.jpg

Hills 1 Light Urban is my other land-hold that was converted from Hills to Light Urban on a lucky roll. Built after the above map and was at the time already upgraded to a Standard Base. Standard Base includes an Airfield which should accommodate anything Small Craft size or below. Hangers for 12 Mechs, 12-24 vehicles, 4-8 VTOL, and 4 Conventional or Aerospace Fighters. Same Fortified Wall and Ditch from above with slightly stronger Defense Towers. Heavily modified from the original which had only a river and the long NW-SE to N-S road.
https://i.imgur.com/kOP5wwf.jpg

Here are the maps with the Tower CF set to 50 on the Hills 2 and 80 on Hills 1
« Last Edit: 21 April 2019, 03:14:08 by Stormforge »
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

Ogra_Chief

• Warrant Officer
Re: Noble AtB Maps
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2019, 15:45:58 »
Nice maps. I may utilize these myself. Thanks for sharing.
BattleTech @CGL_BattleTech ยท Jul 17
Harmony Gold no longer has any say in our decisions, however, the original mechs have been redesigned enough to not cause problems.

Xenon54z

• Master Sergeant
  • Code should be like art.
« Reply #2 on: 22 April 2019, 00:03:50 »
Thanks for the maps!

Honestly, my first thought was, "Hey, I could light some fires on these maps. Sweet!"
Free air guitar! Just pick one up! Hurry Now!
Buy now while entropy is low!

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 22 April 2019, 00:03:59 »
Nice maps. I may utilize these myself. Thanks for sharing.

No problem. If using with Princess watch the rivers. On the top 2 maps it can get stuck along the river with non-jump capable units. On the bottom map I have not tested if hover tanks have any trouble with that river, otherwise same applies. Princess hover tanks have deployed along the lake to the north no problem.

Thanks for the maps!

Honestly, my first thought was, "Hey, I could light some fires on these maps. Sweet!"

:thumbsup:

I have burnt a few of the fields to the NW of the base on the bottom map.
« Last Edit: 22 April 2019, 00:16:18 by Stormforge »
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.